ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12721239
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1402378/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12221344
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11129741
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20171529
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951958/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768113/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It will have lots of secondary benefits that will make learning easier.

it will make you live longer (cardio, that is)

Yes, also pretend the various mental faculties (visual, mathematical, memorizing, language and 'stomping' etc) are muscle groups. The ones you train you'll improve.

Yep.

it depends on the exercising. you could get CTE which would make you stupider and violent and give you early Alzheimer's

You only have limited productive thinking per day. It also helps maintain IQ when you age.

No. Exercise only promotes good overall health. Exercise does not give you information or teach you any skills.

Didn't you hear? The NFL ended their partnership with the NIH because they didn't like the findings. CTE must not be real!

less fatigue means less brain fog, and more focus

> It will have lots of secondary benefits

Name one

No it wont. Exercise is merely correlated with longevity, not causative.

Cardiovascular exercise stimulates neurogenesis and BDNF production*, and the act of exercise itself allows an individual to breakthrough psycho-motor barriers and achieve greater control over their "meat-vehicle".

*essentially, the interconnected grid that comprises your brain becomes more densely interconnected and efficient at conducting the chemical reactions necessary to function. A speeding up if you will. A compounding buildup of momentum and the catalysis of thought and perception of both the patterns of past experiences and situational awareness of the present moment.

(picture unrelated - one of my mugshots)

Energy, improved mental health, less depression more optimism

Personally, I believe it does help me learning and understanding things.

I have noticed that if I exercise regularly I'm more clear-minded. Right after the workout I am of course tired and I won't do any studying anymore.

The motto of my University's sports club "ASVZ" is "For Brain, Body and Soul"

Higher metabolism can shorten lifespan. Shrews have the fastest metabolism in mammals (they will die if they don't eat every few hours) and live only 14 months.

Zurich?

Exercises will make you more Veeky Forums

cardio will
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2785721/

As long as it's cardio, yes.

Muscleheads avoid it like the plague for a reason.

Who is Veeky Forumsfit/ over here?

Moderate exercise has been repeatedly shown to make you healthier. It reduces most causes of mortality, and cardiovascular disease is what kills most people in developed nations. Exercise has also been shown to improve the symptoms of depression, and a lot of other health conditions.

It won't hurt OP to exercise.

Fuck. I'm on the wrong side of Veeky Forumsness, should switch to cardio exercises from now on. No wonder muscleheads are so fucking stupid.

>No it wont. Exercise is merely correlated with longevity, not causative.
literal brainlet

if you don't want to open your eyes to the fact that cardio will increase your lifespan that's on you at this point

Relax, it's just a meme. Weightlifters need to keep their heart and lungs at a decent level if not at the level of track and field athletes. I would say half a mile in 5 minutes is a good bare minimum target.

>Merely correlated
Nope, there have been multiple RCTs which demonstrate a causal links of exercise to many beneficial things such as immune system function, reduced risk of diabetes, reduced risk of heart disease, and all-cause mortality.
Here are some studies:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12453982
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12721239
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1402378/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12221344
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11129741
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20171529

Now stop being a lazy piece of shit.

doesn't count

not an argument

I'm not sure, but I do know that getting fat makes you stupid and there are studies that bear that out.

t. HAES activist

Anecdotal, but worth mentioning
>Highschool, super shitty at everything
>Practically failing 2 classes
>Tfw two intelligent two lift
>Blamed my poor academic success on "the system, man"
>Got into powerlifting at senior year
>Grades went up through the roof
>Not enough to make up for shitty 3 years
>Community college
>Transfer to my state's one good university after finishing prerequisites at said community college
>Practically guaranteed a job once I graduate as a lmao!radiologist because of friend's dad I met last year
>All memes aside, not bad for someone who used to get D's in math and science

I literally blame my physical fitness for my mental well-being. Being bodily healthy puts a lot of mental orders into perspective that one may refuse to see unless one has experienced bodily health for themselves.

>exercise they said
>endorphin rush they said
>try exercising a bunch
>0 fucking feeling of happiness or energy
>no "rush" or anything that could be distorted into one
>just feel tired, grumpy, and want to die
Why would anyone trust Veeky Forumsness brainlets?

You're not exercising enough, you probably ran like 1km and decided it doesn't work and never did it again.

How much is enough you brainlet?

Yes, but you don't need a strenuous exercise regimen like people seem to think. Walking a couple kilometres is sufficient and if you looked back 80-100 years you'd probably find the majority of your favorite scientists/mathematicians walking about that much per day, but very few of them played sports or did any strenuous activity.
You just need to not be a completely sedentary slug.

How many times do You saw this Genius [Stephen Hawkings] Exercising? Running? Lifting Weight? Even Walking? Never right?
>That Crippled is so Unhealthy that could die at any moment
Einstein died when 76 years old. He wasn't Veeky Forums
>Cherry Picking
Most Scientists in History lived Long Lives. Keeping working even after 70yo. None of them looks so Veeky Forums
>Intelligence are related with Fitness
Just look at how many Veeky Forums guys are so fucking DUMB.
Intelligence & Fitness aren't ever correlated.
>Would exercising make me smarter?
NO. It will make you stronger & more Veeky Forums
It won't make you smarter because Intelligence & Fitness are fucking UNRELATED.
>It will extend MUH LIFESPAN
Caloric Restriction increases LifeSpan. Olympic Athletes eat a lot of Calories & die Younger on average than Most Scientists.

t. self-hating brainlet, coping with his insatiable laziness

:^)

Hawking is what you get when you spend all your character points on "magic" and leave everything else at zero.

Kek.
>old joke tho (old but gold)

I'm arguing with Imaginary interlocutors AKA "Voices inside my Head".
>Voices inside my Head told me i'm not Crazy (yet)

>brainlet
Found the retard without discipline. Try it for 4 months. That's how long it took for the habit to stick.

Not him but consistent mild exertion cardio (say 3x a week, start with C25k). If you want aesthetics lifting is nice (having muscles is good for everyday life too user).

I've been doing cardio for a couple of years now and I feel a lot better in general. Started lifting last week, besides DOMS (which should subside as I get used to it) it was fun.

Really, there is no reason not to do it, spending 3-5hours per week (probably a lot less when beginning) for overall health is good time spent. Sure, if you can study 24/7 without getting tired go ahead, but most people have an hour or two of time spent on Veeky Forums/mindless entertainment.

If magic Existed in Real World Hawkings would be able to Levitate Himself & Things around Him using His Meme Magic.

> assuming there is nothing between sedentary fuck and olympic athlete
They exert their bodies to the max for performance, that's not what we are talking about, mild exercise has been show to help with a lot of health issues/aging.
> if it works for geniuses it certainly will for me
Besides not knowing their routine you are ignoring the fact that most of Veeky Forums has at least a bit of depression/other forms of mental heath issues and exercising definitely helps a lot of people with it.

We are not talking about becoming chad here, even cardio has a lot of benefits (which you wouldn't notice in the physicial appearance of most people, how many shirt/pantless scientists have you seen??)

Lifting (and very intensive cardio) makes me so fucking tired. I really don't know how (if there is any) people can have an elite academic life and by jacked

be*

All of these are psychological bullshit. Placebo would work just as well.

Please tell me you're baiting. Lie to me if you must but please tell me you're baiting.

Very slightly, unless you have depression.

In that case, it'll help you much more than you think. Brain fog is a killer.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951958/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768113/

physical activity is shown to increase BDNF levels in the brain, one of the chemicals responsible for creating new connections in the brain. don't be stupid and go to the fucking gym and for runs

Just exercising? Maybe
Exercising smartly yes. When I use the elliptical I have a book in front of me that I read. Doing other exercises, I think about problems and find ways to problem until I start maxing

> MUH Optimism & Positive Thinking
> Psychological bullshit. Placebo work just as well.
*Technically* Optimism by itself is a kind of Placebo.

I've started running everyday for 20-30 minutes, how long approx until I stop being a sad sack

Instead of naming one, I'm going to tell you to just fucking go lift hard.

The way you feel afterwards will be citation enough.

>muh exercise makes me feel bad
Found the fatty. kys.

This is now a FPS/FPH thread.

But lifting [math] is also[/math] cardio my dude.

POP OFF JAMES

>excercising
>Enkephalin release
Feels orgasmic and makes me lightheaded

>tfw not sure if I have CTE or not from playing hockey/lacrosse growing up
>tfw math phd so can't afford to be a brainlet

I like doing cardio.

It gives my mind time to "zone-out" and get some rest.

It also helps my body adapt to absorb more oxygen, which is delivered to the brain.

No. The only way to get smarter is to eat lots of branded fast food and read Neil Degrasse Tyson

Nice dubs.

I know I was definitely smarter before I was morbidly obese. So, probably.

I hacked this user's webcam and took a pic.

Hilarious.
I'm a man. And also nowhere near that fat. She looks like she's too fat to walk, whereas I'm still fit enough to run at a reasonable pace, but also fat enough that it kind of hurts.

Now that looks a great deal more accurate. Well done.

what did your pic have to do with my post man

Well, you do get better at exercising.