GK Chesterton is comfy and Catholic.

Yames Yoice

Gene Wolfe

Morte D' Urban by JF Powers
Earthly Powers by Anthony Burgess
The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh

the confessions

If you like scifi, A Canticle for Leibowitz is good.

I have some bad news for you...

>Morte D' Urban by JF Powers

This, Powers is very good. He only published 2 novels and a handful of short story collections, but they're all golden. He's notorious for having had a Flaubertian obsession with perfecting and refining his works, and it really shows. Read "The Trouble" and "Lions, Harts and Leaping Does" if you want a taste. I get serious Dubliners vibes from these.

the jap guy, the one that wrote the book that martin scorceses' new flick is based on

Silence is good. But it's certainly not comfy.

Sort of a soul

muriel spark

Julien Green
Georges Bernanos
Francois Mauriac
Michel Tournier

Pic related is pretty nice and comfy.
Also (but not so "comfy") : theatre by PĆ©guy, and while we're at it, Polyeucte by Corneille.

Happy you mention french writers but Gide was never catholic!

Ain't nothing comfy about The Driver's Seat.

Comforters isn't altogether comfy either, but it's pretty Catholic. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie is comfy as shit though.

Damn, you're right. I don't know him quite well but even the Pastoral Symphony feels more 'reformed' / protestant than catholic (it feels a bit like a swisslike, Rousseau-ish, atmosphere).
About french authors, Paulina 1880 is one of the best books I ever read - story of passion and crime with a very catholic background. Italian atmosphere here.

Anything by Bernanos, Flannery O'Connor. Against the Day by Pynchon.

Was wondering how long it would take before someone finally mentioned our waifu Flannery O'Connor.

Has anyone read 'The Man Who Got Even With God'? It's on my bookshelf as a gift from my dad, looks interesting but I've yet to read it.

psalms.

Swann's Way

Amelia is surprisingly comfy.