Why should i keep a journal?

To clean your ass when you don't have toilet paper

So people can laugh at you after you kill yourself

if you don't want to do it, then don't, i'm not your fucking mother

the only possible and correct answer

To practice giving coherence to your thoughts.

The correct answer
Edgelords

The only people who keep diaries are people not self aware that their thoughts aren't that special

If your thoughts were really that great merely mentioning them to other people would see your ideas spread

Your point doesn't make any sense. Keeping a diary doesn't mean you're telling other people your ideas. Maybe it's the opposite, you're keeping them for yourself. Or do you want to die without leaving your best?

to have an excuse to use your Moleskineā„¢ Notebook

Holy crap the amount of "wrong" in this picture is astounding. I'm not even sure where to begin honestly. How about with the pen? That looks to be somewhere between a 0.3mm and 0.4mm tip? That's a big problem, anything smaller than 0.5mm is worthless. They feel scratchy, they are more prone to skipping, they are more likely to put indentations in the paper you are writing on, they make what you write more difficult to read and stand out less, I could continue but I won't.

Next, the binding style of that notebook is totally inconducive to a good diary writing and ready experience. Wirebound on the top... what the FUCK, are you serious right now? Wirebounds must be bound on the side, and when you are writing on the left side of the notebook you must flip the notebook upside down. And while we're on the subject of wire bindings, here is a perfect example of how NOT to make cutouts for the wires. Note the ovular shape, and the holes are also way too big for the wires. They should be smaller and closer to being circular. To make matters even worse, it's single-wire, not double-wire. Good Lord.

Thirdly, line spacing. While it is difficult to determine, based on my trained eye this appears to be college ruled. This particular line spacing standard was literally? Designed for faggots.

Line color is actually not bad, nor is the pen ink color; those are good shades of blue, but again hard to determine because whatever "I'm so unique and special XD" girl took a picture of it, used some sort of shitty filter. I will say that blue is very inferior to black but I'm willing to go easy on them here. I like to think I'm a reasonable guy.

I'm not liking the look of that paper. Pulp uniformity appears to be off, this is a sign of cheap paper and a big no-no. If I had to guess how it feels to write on, I'm going to go old school here and quote the old Chevy commercials from the 90s: "like a rock". I'm also willing to bet the paper is not acid-free or archival, nor is it PEFC certified. I'm not a tree hugging faggot type, but typically good paper is PEFC certified, it shows they went the extra mile.

I noticed a lot more more but I have to get going. Basically, this is all bad, really really bad.

I've been keeping a journal for almost two years now.

Oh and one other important thing I really feel I should mention. I'm almost certain that pen does not use indelible ink. Now, the picture taker could have of course put an indelible ink refill in that pen body, but based on all of the pathetic fluffery in that picture I'll bet they didn't.

So basically what this means is I could pour bleach on that piece of paper right there and it wouldn't be long before "dear diary" disappeared. Hell I could probably use isopropyl alcohol too. Or even water.

NO self-respecting writer uses anything but a pen ink that is indelible and chemical and water proof.

Because people who wish to be writers if they are ever to progress past telling others how much they read and how much they'd like to write must eventually write something and if you keep a journal as practice maybe that something won't be as bad as if you had decided not to. You could write letters to people instead as practice if the thought of a diary sounds to gay for you. Whatever you do the point is to learn to write and write well.

moj dnevnik

I actually agree. Sounds like nitpicking, but it's all true, desu

reminds you how pathetic your life is and forces you to change

it's incredibly demoralising but in the end it is probably worth it (I wasn't strong enough)

one day you'll feel as certain sadness that comes when you can't remember what a year looked like for you...

It's nice to look back on some of your best years...

this, actually

I'm gonna keep a journal... something to put down all my shortcomings into, on paper, through an act and be able to see just how shame-inducing some of my actions are. I hope that'll wring something inside to force a change...

>die without leaving your best?
Why do you care? You're dead

Holy fucking keks

>mfw I've kept a journal in pencil for 12 years
>mfw now on book 36

>mfw forgot my face

Do not force

jesus the autism hit you hard today huh, desu?

Don't be rude

You should keep a dream journal. It will help you enter lucid dreaming states.

>lucid dreaming
why would you want to control your dreams?

To visit my waifu.

>not dreaming about your waifu every night anyway
disgusting!