What does Veeky Forums think of Emily Dickinson?

What does Veeky Forums think of Emily Dickinson?

I hated her in high school and I haven't read her since so I don't know if she sucks or if I was an idiot.

I'd put my dick in her son if you catch my drift.

An incestual pedophile

Funny surname. Shit first name. 4/10 looks. Do not want.

I'd fuck her in a spring morning

Explain.

only if i was hammered

Dick in son

I'd fuck the living shit out of her tbqh family

Does she have sexy feet though?

actually an incredible poet, underrated because she is widely taught in american high schools and her rhyme scheme/meter make her poetry seem simpler than it is. One of my favorites, but then again I'm a sucker for the American greats

Kek

i need to get into her, is there a selected works that you'd rec? the complete works is giant and scary.

I just have her complete works on my kindle, costs only a dollar. Her poetry isn't divided into deliberate collections like many others as most of it was posthumously published and collected in loose scraps, so it's hard to group her poetry by anything other than motif. I would recommend just getting the complete works and reading poems at random. If you want to ease in, you could read her more popular ones online, which have quite a bit of literary analysis to help you get a feel for what her sensibilities tend toward

This ons looks pretty good

Oh. That'll do it.

Turn on the Gilligan's Island theme song to help you with meter

she looks spooky

This thread is proof of how pseud Veeky Forums is.

What do you mean by that?

If you wait until they've grown it's only incest.

She was a genius.

WHAT THE FUCK DO THE DASHES MEAN

I pronounce the word before the dash longer but I have no idea what it's actually supposed to indicate.

>quiet girl with a secluded lifestyle
>insanely avid reader and author
>wrote thousands of beautiful poems
>hid all of them in an attic because she thought she wasn't good enough
>never published or recognized in her entire life
>died an insignificant death

She was the female Kafka. A genius and one of the most underrated American greats. 10/10 pure waifu material

>She was the female Kafka
I don't know, Dickinson seemed depressed whereas Kafka was just plain fucked in the head. It's a shame neither were recognized during their lives, though.

Was she a retard?

unlikely

You're supposed to pause for a breath

Nah, Dickenson knew she was the shit, there are several of her poems that reference how she knows she's going to change the course of literature. She just never published a lot during her life

She's genuinely GOAT-tier