What does Veeky Forums read just for fun? Or is it all seriousness?

What does Veeky Forums read just for fun? Or is it all seriousness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Esg6FYM61ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lovecraft and comic books
Old pulp noir books too.

Reading for fun is what normalfags do. The only reason a true Veeky Forumsizen reads is to feel smug about it on an anime image board.

What's more likely, that someone spends hundreds of hours a year reading things they don't enjoy, and that we shape an enormous part of our lives for the very chance (though it's never actuated because you never meet people who read what you do) to impress people, or that we have fun reading the books we do?

I can't concentrate on proper literature on the bus to work so I always have something lighter on the go. Recently I've been enjoying james ellroy

reading is what I do for fun. I don't have time not to read the cream of the crop.

i do plenty of 'light' and 'serious' reading, but it's all for fun. just different types of fun, i guess.

this is a toxic mindset

if you're even remotely patrician, shakespeare is fun

All good literature is ultimately gratifying and fun. The most deep and complex piece of literature is useless if it doesn't entertain something.

Only really for enjoyment

I enjoy lit tier stuff though

>serious books aren't fun

whatever I usually read, I guess?

but I get what you try to say; what do I read for simple fun/escapism, rather than for ~serious aesthetic-thoughtful experiences~

and I don't even know, man. I always have a big problem finding anything to read if I'm feeling so downbeat that I need something upbeat, classics and SERIOUS LITERATURE tend to be relatively grim, even when the message is optimistic and so on. I tend to just watch anime or movies if I can't handle serious themes at a given moment.

A lot of fiction can't hold my attention, but I've been reading Star Wars novels since I was 10 years old, the first one I read was Rogue Planet by Greg Bear

Any of the Michael Stackpole books, X-Wing series and I, Jedi especially are actually really good adventure stories

>old pulp noir
Know any good ones? Id love to read something like that

>Alissa Nutting
Do these people ever stop kek

I read to pass time at work and distract myself from the nagging emptiness that plagues me sing my girlfriend left me.

Reading Eumeswil right now btw. Pretty neato.

I only read for fun, and only highly rated books. I'm no hipster or anything it's just that I am 20 and I started reading books for my own pleasure 3 months ago.

I used to read them in highschool but It felt like a chore.

I enjoy reading very much now. I only read classics because there is too many of them to read anything that is not highly rated.

Serious/good book and fun time are not mutually exclusive. On the contrary, in my opinion when you find a great book that suits you and you enjoy it, then you have the best time.

The two are not mutually exclusive, mate.

I consider all my reading fun. But if you mean easy reading, things like:

>children's books
>detective fiction & cozy mysteries
>museum catalogs
>short/brief "histories" on various subjects
>"books about books" that aren't literary criticism, like collections of reviews

I've read more Doctor Who books than Veeky Forums approved books. No regrets, some of them are great.

>fun
>being alive

pick one

>fun

Fun is for faggots

There have been at least a few pretty acclaimed authors who wrote Doctor Who novels, I think. I know Moorcock wrote one or two anyway. Ever read his?

dashiell hammett

Found a review of that book.
youtube.com/watch?v=Esg6FYM61ow

Cioran

this is too mature for Veeky Forums please leave

diaries

I read Stephen King for fun, it helps me get back in the mood for serious or more important reading when I'm feeling burned out.

I like reading in general.
When I'm just looking for something light to read while travelling or so, I usually turn to japanese novels. This is not to talk down japanese literature, but I always find something like Soseki comfy.

make me :p