Basically green texting is sub vocalization

>Basically green texting is sub vocalization

>tfw started reading without subvocalization
>tfw this gave me a significant advantage in education and, subsequently, in life

But its in a different voice. Instead of me talking to you its
>what I expect you to think
The poster is adding they're own commentary

>tfw use subvocalization when appropriate, such as when reading a dense textbook
>tfw use speedreading for news articles, Veeky Forums shitposts, etc
>tfw I'm better than all of you

How?

Speedreading: Literally just read words with your eyes, don't "say" them in your head. Your comprehension is guaranteed to suffer, which is why I don't recommend it for serious reading. This is what faggots who claim to read 200 pages/hour do.

Subvocalization: Saying words in your head, this is what most people do.

i didnt subvocalise your post and i fully comprehended it, are you angry about this?

how do you stop subvocalizing?

Read more

I've read a lot and I can't stop :(

Why would you want to speedread

This is not a competition

I try not to sub-vocalize, but then I don't remember so well what I've read.

How do you expect to retain any meaning of the text when you're sounding out words like a dribbling retard?

So you can't understand people when you have a conversation with them?

No one does you fucking retard, your irony isn't even funny

You can practise by reading slightly quicker than what you are comfortable doing.

I subvocalize in more than six languages.

The funny thing is when I was a kid I didn't subvocalize and read super fast with fine comprehension. One day I read about what subvocalizing was and since that day I haven't been able to stop. Even if I do subvocalize I still read way faster than the average reader with much higher comprehension and my speed doesn't annoy me that much.

>being this gay about green texting

I cant not sub vocalize. I mean I just tried for 40 seconds or so reading this thread, and its just natural. Anytime I see a word: it signals my memory bank of my understanding of that words meaning, and the related words, images, and concepts related to each word. That process, is like an inescapable sub vocalization (a word realization) and its what 'reading' is.

I have spent most of the time of most of my life, speaking to myself in my head, I cant get that voice to shut up when 'reading'. That narrator is like my awareness myself.

>The funny thing is when I was a kid
The funny thing is you think I can trust your memory as a kid or knowledge/awareness of how exactly you read.

I don't read out every word 'in my head' as it occurs on the page, but as I glide through the text I 'hear' something like an echo of the words I've already passed. Anyone else get this?

Honestly, this is just what you do naturally if you're not autistic.

Most people here are so dumb they seem to think it's some kind of otherwordly revelation that you should modulate your reading speed depending on what you're reading.