Guys...

Guys. We're never going to escape this cycle if we keep fetishizing the isolation and self-destructiveness of the writerly life. Take John Green, for example. Now there's a guy who found a happy medium.

>ugly wife who only married him for his money (literally rejected him in high school, iirc)
>living with the knowledge that you write nonsense for children that will be forgotten soon after you die
>happy

Shit, he may suck, but that motherfucker makes more scrilla than I do

>money is most important
No wonder you idolize green. Moron

Money needn't be idolized to be respected. To criticize those who make money is to encourage your opponents to say that you simply can't make money and view their success as sour grapes.

Honestly I'd rather be poor and myself than this dweeb.

Look up "100days" on YouTube and watch how a 39 year old man gets the jitters from a climbing wall.

>Happy Medium
>Watching his wife get fucked by rows and rows of black thugs and rapefugees.

desu you write like a stupid "profound quote" that would be posted by some moron on facebook.
>"Money needn't be idolized to be respected." - Anonymous
>"To criticize those who make money is to encourage your opponents to say that you simply can't make money and view their success as sour grapes." - Anonymous
respecting people solely because they make money is pure ideology.

I would rather write one good book and die in a gutter than spend a second in his anemic skin.

Isn't he the guy who talks about Cheerios and how you are not entitled to a girl because you treat her well?
The latter obviously doesn't cover money and fame, clearly those entitle you to your high school waifu?

yes. I also believe he talks about this somewhere.

>We're never going to escape this cycle if we keep fetishizing the isolation and self-destructiveness of the writerly life.

This is largely inescapable, especially when you're starting out. Self-destructiveness can allude to a lot of things, including dying to what you thought you knew and moving on with what you now know. It's a continual process.

But I understand that your general sentiment is about avoiding romanticizing the "literary life", which I do agree with.

Honestly I don't know anything about his books besides the fact that there was a movie with pic related based on one.

I really fucking hate his brother though. The history and philosophy for dummies by dummies, where the group writing the script have taken philosophy101 and high school world history and instead of discussing these things in a professional and objective fashion they sneak in historical revisionism and feminist readings.

sick burn brah

bump

>isolation and self-destructiveness of the writerly life

What the fuck???

The lonely and self-destructive are not so solely because they write...

is that his wife?
no wonder she never wanted to show her face in his yt videos

Fetishising normie life is just as silly.

She married him before he was rich tho

he's entitled to being cucked

He looks like le thin hair chin man

>Honestly I'd rather be poor and myself than someone else and a rich celebrity
that's the spirit user!!

START WITH THE GREENS FAGGOT

>living comfortably now
>worrying about what you cannot alter or experience

Hmm....

>Now there's a guy who found a happy medium.
Pic related
This

>Before eating out my wife I enjoy having 48 dicks dipped inside her.

>tfw I'm not a published writer who's married to a 1t jewess

"After longing to see our name written around the sun, we lapse to the other extreme and pray that it will be erased everywhere and forever... We hate anyone who attaches himself to us, counts on us, or expects something from us. The only concession we can still make to others is to disappoint them"
-John Green on rejecting normalfaggotry

John Green is the definition of normalfaggotry.

What the fuck is this from?

>whole grain crunch

I don't really have a problem with his work. But he is just the most stereotypical self-hating progressive cuck, that I can't help but hate him.

>whole grain cuck

the red pill refers to kool-aid packets, right?

this

May I interject?

Banter +1 upgrade.

This is much better, thank you.

>2015

Why doesn't this one get posted?

>I don't like living in a country full of stupid people.

But John... you write books for them.

>I really fucking hate his brother though.

I remember she only married him after his first book became a hit.

that's quite the embarrassing picture

Looking for Alaska is required reading in several American high schools.

le cringe

>He values public education because he knows it is good for his bottom line

>not homeschooling your children

Somebody shouted "what's up John Green!" at me from a passing car today. I guess I do look a little like him. I wish I had thought fast enough to respond "what's up Jaden Smith!" or something like that.

Buy a hairbrush.

I think a bullet in the back of his head would make him more cute. Disgusting leftist paid by ((( someone ))) to do the devil's work.

You just KNOW

this.

know what?

You just KNOW dude

KNOW WHAT?