Nationalist Lit Mag Seeks Submissions

I am creating a new hard-right nationalist literary magazine as part of my studies at Columbia University. It is my ambition to turn this into (at least) a quarterly journal, and I am reaching out far and wide to find quality pieces and invite anyone interested to submit.

The overall aesthetic is Romantic realism, anti-post modernism, and not without a sense of humor. You can sum up our motto with a line from President Trump’s first inaugural address: “Through loyalty to country, we will rediscover loyalty to each other.”

We accept writing from all over the world that pertains or is relevant to nationalist movements everywhere – we are named for the Japanese nationalist martyr Oyota Yamaguchi.

What I’m interested is:

- Creative nonfiction
- Fiction
- Poetry
- Reviews of books/film/etc.
- Interviews
- Visual art (photography, painting, etc.) that can be reproduced on a printed page.

We accept unsolicited submissions and we pay for everything we accept. It’s not much, but many markets don’t pay anything and, for now, it’s all coming out of my pocket.

One thing I’d like to make a regular feature, tongue-in-cheek, is to have a gallery each month of “Rare Pepes” that will only ever appear in the pages of our print edition, making them genuinely rare.

The website is otoya dot org and you can send submissions to submissions at otoya dot org.

I’ll be around at later to answer any questions that may arise.

Okay, do you take writings on anti-transhumanism and the impact of it? Do you have issues with the citation of post-modern writers often associated with what we know as modern progressivism?

>anti-transhumanism

Sounds like a fascinating topic. Send it in, would love to see it.

kys

Great initiative, I'll get in touch.

unironically this.

Okay Matt Braynard. How would you feel about an interview with me? I'm very smart and interesting.

would you except dialogues and/or plays? Also what is your policy concerning publishing our submissions elsewhere such as personal sites or other publications?

>naming your mag after Otoya Yamaguchi
You're confining yourself to a very narrow political space by idolising an assassin. Have fun with your fringe project.

>except
No

pls forgive

>would you except dialogues and/or plays? Also what is your policy concerning publishing our submissions elsewhere such as personal sites or other publications?

Dialogues or fiction in the dramatic form are welcome. We do seek only unpublished work but it depends on how widely it was disseminated. If it's on some low-traffic site or something like that, we'd consider it. Or you could do a re-write/update, perhaps?

>You're confining yourself to a very narrow political space by idolising an assassin. Have fun with your fringe project.

This was chosen in direct opposition to a broadly popularized mass murderer of women and children, Che Guevara. Yamagushi martyred himself by killing a single Communist who was a clear and present danger to his nation.

How do I know you're legit? I have some work I might be interested in sharing, but...
Are you trust worthy? This seems like it could be a scam, although I'm not sure.
I apologize for being direct, but there it is.

Would you accept my existential schizophrenic philosophy that combines heideggerian phenomenology, buddhist anarchism, cyclical zero-state chaos mantras, taoism and monastic nihilism?

this has to be an elaborate joke

sending you my diary

>This was chosen in direct opposition to a broadly popularized mass murderer of women and children, Che Guevara.
I can respect this. Not enough to not post futa in your thread but anybody shitting on that disgusting monster Guevara can't be too bad. And fuck the Castro's too. Post your thing here once it's done so we can all laugh at you.

What are you? Diet Nick Land?

>says the guy who has never published anything because he's actually afraid to step up to the creative plate. Would rather sit around and shit on others because he's intimidated by others who take the leap.

I already told you, I'm perfectly willing to do an interview.

Damn... How did u know..... Its like u can.... Read my mind..... So this is the power of being halfway through your freshman year of college........

I'm not even OP but the fact that two different people got buttblasted by this including the fellow whom I aimed it at tells me I struck the bone.

stay unknown 4ever """"""""artists""""""""

Dude stop accurately guessing my emotions it's uncanny haha

>I put on a blase and ironic mask to hide my actual emptiness.

Holy shit how did you guess?!

any chance of dropping the rare pepe part?

Seems like a great way to get you blacklisted by the actual publishing world before your career even takes off lol

>Through loyalty to country,
dropped

this
patriotism/civic nationalism is trash

Isn't it that obvious, everybody knows the real academic fascists are publishing in classics yet op doesn't even mention the Greeks once.

>Post your thing here once it's done so we can all laugh at you

Be happy to

>any chance of dropping the rare pepe part?

I appreciate the levity of it, but nearly everything is on the table. So, yes, a chance.

>Seems like a great way to get you blacklisted by the actual publishing world before your career even takes off lol

I have already knowingly crossed that line with much more substantial transgressions.

is this bait or are you actually delusional enough to think this kind of thing could gain traction at this university of all fucking places

the literary scene on this campus is already bad enough. the last thing we need is another shitty ideologically driven literary magazine. spend your time writing something worthwhile

enjoy getting blacklisted/threatened with violence by nu-males

>Hard-right
>Nationalism

Nothing national about monarchy my friend.

>tfw unironically reading aristokratia

>tfw the thread is so genuine you can't tell if it's ironic
what have WE DONE

>Nationalist
>literature
top kek, read some Joyce

>at this university

First, the University itself has a strong record of non-censorship. This isn't Brown - no speech codes, no safe spaces.

And it doesn't need to gain traction at the University to happen - it's happening because I'm giving it traction.

>the literary scene on this campus is already bad enough. the last thing we need is another shitty ideologically driven literary magazine.

I never asked if anyone thought this was a good idea, and your answer is of no interest to me.

I've only asked for submissions.

>Nothing national about monarchy my friend.

Isn't the argument for monarchy that the ruler is the embodiment of the nation and he will govern with the benevolence of loving father, and that the citizens love of the father is a love of the nation?

You can't have a love of a monarch without a love of country.

Classics at my uni is the biggest and most disgusting left wing cesspit I have ever seen. Nothing but rich White women bitching all day.

This. I would be interested in writing and submitting, but only if pepe idea is dropped

Do you have a site, or a blog, or a twitter or something?
Seems interesting and I hope you succeed, but where do I read it?

>This. I would be interested in writing and submitting, but only if pepe idea is dropped

I wouldn't reject your piece if Pat Buchanan said he'd fund me if I rejected your piece.

Feel free to submit to the many other Nationalist-right journals there are out there. Can't throw a stone here in Harlem without hitting one, don't'cha' know.

Pretty cool, I'm from Nyc and was thinking about attending.

Might submit something for a later issue since what I'm working on now I'd like to get out to a wider audience.

At the moment, we just have the site seeking submissions (URL in OP). Trying to get folks I know and anons like yourself to write and submit quality stuff is a real struggle.

Funny, one person I approached said no because we're named after an assassin AND because we're named after a non-white. But then, he's a law professor at a shitty, fourth-tier diploma mill.

>Pretty cool, I'm from Nyc and was thinking about attending.

It's a good program - the MFA program. Great professors, great education, and a great emergency ladder out of the slush.

Call it Oyota of Truth. Play on words. People will think it is cool. And it puts forward the idea that you are the only voice of reason in a sea of falsehoods. Plus it rolls of the tongue.
Something like pic related should be your first cover. And get website and twitter asap.

I don't.

cool idea op but definitely dont do the pepe thing you dont need to pander to these faggots to validate what youre doing

alt right
pepepepepepepepepepepe
alrught

Sounds kinda autistic

are you sure you go to columbia?
i'm an undergrad there and part of the right wing groups on campus, neva heard of ya

I would have said this a few years ago, but anything is possible atm user

This is another exploitative "journal". The last Veeky Forums journal charged submission fees and closed the contest once they made a few hundred dollars.

I don't know any undergrads, either. I'm in the directory. You're not the first person to question it; pic related.

I'm in grad school and have zero interaction outside of the program. If there are any right-wing groups, please enlighten me. I heard the CRs are a bunch of never Trump cucks.

Jeez, that really sucks. I can't imagine what the theme/concept behind a Veeky Forums lit journal would be.

This first issue is coming out of pocket. I know no one's going to bite on Patreon. If I can put together a good first edition, I'll try to raise some money to make it quarterly. Good writing costs money.

I'm not opposed to removing the gallery of rare pepes - and since I haven't gotten any, it may happen by default.

>The overall aesthetic is Romantic realism, anti-post modernism, and not without a sense of humor. You can sum up our motto with a line from President Trump’s first inaugural address: “Through loyalty to country, we will rediscover loyalty to each other.”
I'm getting second hand cringe from reading this.

The idea of a journal opposed to faggy Current Year liberal trends isn't inherently bad, but this seems so rooted in autism and retarded /pol/ memes that it's impossible to see as anything other than an antifa(((g))) phishing scheme or some kind of parody.

>rare pepes
>patreon

>isn't the argument for monarchy
No.

The argument for monarchy is that the king owns the state and the country because he does and if you don't like it you can get the hell out. It doesn't matter if you like it or not as long as you acknowledge the country is his.

You sound like a cunt OP.

I'd been daydreaming about making a far left magazine that openly endorsed insurrectionary and illegalist acts. Now I'm thinking I really should do it, just to piss you off.

Isn't openly endorsing illegal acts a crime?

So how can you be contacted?

OP's an idiot too but you'd be overrun with edgy 12 year olds who think they're anarchists and crusty homeless drug addicts with artistic pretensions. Though you kinda sound like you'd deserve it.

Yeah it's incitement to commit

Kind of funny that so many in the Alt-Righ have such a hardon for monarchy. When you think about it, monarchy is actually the ultimate cuckold ideology. Think about it. It's nation of betas forgoing their rights and self-interest and slavishy devoting themselves to a Chad and his offspring.

I think it' s not if you're sufficiently vague about it. That is, you can endorse illegalism in general but not call for specific actions. Even so, to prevent spook attention I thought I'd put it on Tor, although that would likely limit my audience quite a bit.

This is a concern. I'd be the first to say I hate the radical chic thing that's been going around, but I was hoping that I'd be far enough beyond the pale that I'd alienate some of those people. I guess I was thinking it'd end up more like the Invisible Committee than some 3edgy5you shit, but you may be right in that a quality magazine of that subject matter might only be possible by a few people who know each other in real life as opposed to soliciting stuff from the internet at large. Like I said, it was mostly a daydream.

The Alt-Right is a dying movement made up of actual cuckolds pretending to be ubermensch. In fact, most monarchists and royalists are also the same sort of over-nostalgic/nationalistic rubes who don't understand or accept the real arguments for a monarchy (which have nothing to do with the nation, religion, or even gender.)

Also monarchy doesn't have to be hereditary, and in high trust societies it probably wouldn't be. It also doesn't necessarily have to be religious, and an atheist monarchy might even work better than a religious one, since the king would be subject not even to the church.

Monarchy doesn't even need to rely on the nation or race so long as the monarch as an individual is incredibly competent. The country the monarch rules over doesn't need to be homogenous to be prosperous, the monarch simply needs to be good at his job (making the government work.)

>The Alt-Right is a dying movement made up of actual cuckolds pretending to be ubermensch.
Where on earth are you getting this notion from?

It's a growing movement based on participation of alt-right events/meetings and consumption of alt-right media. Saying that it's made up of actual cuckolds is just a completely baseless ad hominem.

I'm still not seeing how you're any different from them. If anything, you're worse because you have a somewhat more realistic conception of what the actual institution of monarchy entails and you still favor it. I just don't get it. What's the appeal of having a big strong man rule over you and do whatever he likes? In the past, some superstitious peasants might have favored monarchy out of fear and superstition, but what's your excuse for favoring an institution that is clearly against your own self-interest and undermines your dignity as a man? To each his own, but I don't know, it's just hard for me see modern day monarchists as doing anything but acting out their elaborate sexual pathology.

>if you don't like it you can get the hell out

But he owns the state, country, and YOU, right?

Email submissions at otoya dot org.

>monarchy is actually the ultimate cuckold ideology

Don't for get 'primae noctis.'

>a far left magazine that openly endorsed insurrectionary and illegalist acts

Good luck; there are many like that already.

Reddit af

Not the concept, but you.
t. son of a Cuban immigrant

Che and Castro did nothing wrong, and if you were a true right-wing nationalist you'd know this.

Read Hobbes and Nietzsche.

Most monarchists have this deranged idea that monarchs are tied to their countries and cannot fuck off after finishing their "term", as Presidents do (which is the unavoidable bane of democracy).

Nobody told them about the Polish king who promptly ditched his nation as soon as he inherited the French crown, nor about all the kings and aristocracy who fled their nations (to live in foreign luxury) after mismanaging them so much they got revolutioned.

Yes, I am mad.

I don't want him to have complete control over my life, I want someone who has complete security over their country. I'm not an actual monarchist, but it's pretty clear to see that monarchy as an institution is different and entirely separable from its worst abuses/wild stereotypes. Monarchy is preferable because if the monarch is good, he is entirely good. The policy that is popular might be the best, but the policy that is best is always the best.

I don't like classic hereditary absolutist monarchy, I need to say, I don't think it was perfect in the slightest, but it had a lot of things correct in that there was a clear undivided authority that did not need to necessarily have the approval of the majority of people. One of the only reasons that the US isn't completely in the garbage probably has to do with the fact that only 1/3 or so of the population actually votes. I don't want to say most people are stupid, but most people don't have a good idea as to what makes good policy, and democracy has compromise and compromise usually ends with having the worst of both sides of the deal.

He owns the state and the country, he can't own you (well, maybe he can, but it wouldn't be ideal.) Ideally, the people are clients to the monarch, not the property of the monarch. The goal is that there must be many "monarchs" and many states ruling as they see fit competing for a tax base.

That Polish king was French to begin with, and Poland (as well as Russia and France) were far too large to be effectively owned by someone. I'd much prefer having far smaller city states governed by one person. One of the big issues with governments in the past is that there were several sort of models for states, and that what someone saw beginning in the 17th century and especially in the 19th century was the end of Gang-States and Ownership-States and the beginning of Middle-Management States, where because governing a country is incredibly difficult (and the rules for succession were admittedly a bit of a die roll) permanent bureaucracies and middle management structures formed in order to keep things running smoothly.

That's all well and peachy so long as you have a good monarch. The problem with monarchy isn't that it's intrinsically flawed, it's that there's literally no way for humans to select a good monarch. If you have an idea I'd love to hear it.

The alti-right is the worst thing to happen to Nationalism since the Nazis. You bring shame to any nation by invoking the clown Trump

Well, it doesn't really matter, because you're the only one in charge of the world and there's nothing you can do about it.

Nice boulder, God.

Alt right detected

Are you actually in the mfa program? Cause if you are I'll skip it. Its legitimately embarrassing that you think this is a good idea. The "alt-right" is a movement for white fuckboys who are too dumb to debate leftism in print.

>Che and Castro did nothing wrong
Their 'revolution' was a preschool slapfight compared to any other and the climactic battle had fewer casualties than the average Brazilian soccer riot. Che was a literal dirty motherfucker (supposedly didn't bathe) who only got promoted by the Castros because he made for a great executioner (supposedly got off on shooting people). The Castros ran Cuba's thriving economy into the ground and suffered grievous losses repelling the Bay of Pigs Invasion despite overwhelming advantages of every kind. Not even to mention their prison camps where they killed off the best of Cuban society so that nobody would oppose them. Cuba was a mini Stalinist Russia without the competence and their continued lionization is a crime.

Look, why don't you write a coherent argument for monarchy with references to history and theory and submit it and I'll pay you $50 (not a lot, but more than most journals that make You pay for the privilege of being deleted from their slush?)

See previous offer.

See previous offer.

>Not the concept, but you.

Not really spent any time on that site but might be a good place to get submissions.