Why doesn't light reflect off of air as it reflects off of other matter, like a wall, or desk

Why doesn't light reflect off of air as it reflects off of other matter, like a wall, or desk.

It does

The short stupid answer is because visible light photons don't have the right amount of energy to interact with air molecules very well. Quantum mechanics says that if a particles of light has too much energy or not enough energy to interact with a molecule, it simply won't. That's where the name quantum mechanics comes from; it deals with specific quanta of energies.

In reality there's some other funky stuff that goes on like refraction, reflection, etc.

>air
>matter

Pick one, user.

Air is matter you fucking retard

Then why don't we see it?

I hate this place.

Air works like one of those tv rocks, absorbing light on one end and emitting it at the other end.

The other end just happens to be your eye.

Well it is then

You probably think air is 'nothing'

matter
ˈmatə/Submit
noun
physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.

That's why the sky is blue.

Air molecules are light and quick enough to dodge incoming light rays.

Because air is transparent.
Also, it does.
Fuck off brainlet.

t.brainlet
Gas is matter.

Wow you really are a brainlet.
You even signed yourself as one.
Also gas is a STATE of matter, not the matter itself.

t.brainlet summerfag

>reflect off of
>reflects off of
Lrn2reflect-from, inbred hillbilly redneck

I expected you to be pretending to be retarded, but instead you were just autistic about muh definitions. How boring

???

Density compared to wavelength

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped coming to Veeky Forums.

Good day, brainlets.

Because you're humorless? Good to know. Have fun on /g/ - Consumer Electronics.

For a dense motherfucker I'd think you'd know about density. You stupid fuck.

Is it really this easy to troll Veeky Forums?

Yes

Obviously.