Would you rather have a meme pseudoscience economics/business degree and be filthy rich...

Would you rather have a meme pseudoscience economics/business degree and be filthy rich, or live a normal life and study what you like?
Pic related is the best business school in my country and Europe, I could probably go there given how fucking retarded business school students are.
However I think I might regret it. I mean sure, I could get any job I wanted, but is it really worth it? I'd feel stupid and cowardly for prioritizing my career over what interests me. I mean it's not like it's *that* easy, they are supposed to have a pretty good math level, at least at the entrance exam. But it pales in comparison with what's studied even at the undergrad level in math unis. That and the whole meme business school phraseology about innovation and sheet, I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror. Am I just being autistic? I mean, I could get a business degree and pursue math on the side, right? It's not unheard of.

>I could probably go to HEC if I wanted to, nbd
sure you could

Do you think you're going to get rich just because you have a business degree ? If business degree people are rich it's because of daddy's connections, if you don't have that you might wanna pursue what really interests you, bonne chance

I'm introverted so business/economics would be hell for me.
The job would not be fulfilling and I'm sure the stress would be too much resulting in an alcoholism problem, feeling lonely despite all the hookers and kill myself before I reach 40.

Doing science I get to pretend I'm some kind of monk in quest of enlightenment and feel like I make a difference.

business people are morally inferior. Although they are sightly less sociopathic in Europe than in post-colonial societies.
I pull ticks off my cock that i like better than people in business.

Read the god damned sticky, newfag

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

I'll link it for you in case you're so new you don't know how to get there:

atleast they arent realtors

bullshit, I know people who went to HEC who come from regular families and got great jobs afterwards. there are few things that look better on a resume in Europe. not that I could explain that since, as stated in the OP, it's easy as fuck to get in. But yeah for some obscure reason HEC graduates are really sought after.

>I'm introverted so business/economics would be hell for me.
not sure that applies, there seem to be a high concentration of cringy spergs among these people. you know, wanting to be respected and whatnot. this is also why scientists are the true chads. they just do whatever they like. whereas wanting to be a CEO, get rich or rule the world just screams childhood trauma.

>The job would not be fulfilling

this I completely agree with. the only pleasure one would get from these jobs is the money, and even though everyone says being rich must be the best feel in the world I'm not sure I'd value that as much as I "should". Beyond a certain amount I don't know what I'd spend it on, and while I understand how one can be insecure about a whole slew of things, I've never quite understood how money made it to that list. I mean look at Shkreli for christ's sake. Gee, I really envy that guy.

>Doing science I get to pretend I'm some kind of monk in quest of enlightenment and feel like I make a difference.

Yeah but I'm not that talented, so I get frustrated quickly, and any pure math degree would result in me teaching high school or some shitty college provided I'm even smart enough to get a PhD.

>Would you rather have a meme pseudoscience economics/business degree and be filthy rich, or live a normal life and study what you like?
to be fair that's a Veeky Forums related moral dilemma.

>there are few things that look better on a resume in Europe
Any engineering school looks better than HEC.

>Yeah but I'm not that talented
Neither am I
>I get frustrated quickly
If it's not frustrating you're not working hard enough.

I think you overlooked the word "pretend".

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that you can be the president of France if you wanted to.

nope. Polytechnique certainly does, but that's it. (if we're talking french schools, that is)
they should look better, since their student are considerably smarter, but they don't for some reason.

not just talking out of my ass here.
I'm a CPGE student in a ECS (business/math class) that gets consistently good-ish rankings.
It's so fucking easy, since people interested in business are dumber than average by a large margin.
Math is slightly easier than undergrad level. Geopolitics just takes some passable long term memory. I speak English, and fluent Spanish. Philosophy is pretty easy and Litterature is a joke. My grade average thoughout the year is 16/20, and I barely even attend.
And I'm not even smart, it's just incredibly easy. The reason why I'm here in the first place is that I wanted to join a math uni afterwards, and thus bypass the mandatory physics classes during the first 2 years. But then I ended up with all these people who are genuinely into that whole business scam and realized how incredibly stupid they are.

EPFL/ETH.

>if we're talking french schools, that is

Well then your standards are really low and limited

>I could probably go there given how fucking retarded business school students are.

Aren't you the guy who failed his freshman year of w/e ?

L'ami par amour pour to humanité ne fais surtout pas ca.
Tenter un master en maths/stats/etc. après ta prépa me semble être un très bon plan.

Du temps où j'étais un taupin, je fréquentais beaucoup les gens en ECS ( dans le lycée où j'étais, c'étaient parmi les seuls avec qui je pouvais fumer pendant les pauses), et j'en ai connu beaucoup comme toi: un peu timides,
qui avaient un profil scientifique, qui démolissaient leur classe sans rien branler (certains séchaient d'ailleurs pour me tenir compagnie quand on n'avait pas les mêmes horaires), et qui n'étaient pas des trous du cul à fond dans tous les délires de business. Tous on eu HEC (les 2 moins bons ont eu ESCP, mais c'est tout)
Plus tard quand je suis entré en école d'ingénieur, j'ai maintenu le contact avec eux, et ils m'ont appris que la réalité des choses est qu'un simple diplôme HEC ne suffit pas à "get good": les gens un peu introvertis qui n'ont pas l'habitude de s'imposer en société et prendre part gaiement à toutes ses mascarades absurdes se font vite piétiner par des "Chads" (pour emprunter une expression à nos amis de /r9k/), et c'est uniquement ceux-là qui décrochent les meilleurs stages, et se forment un bon réseau de recomandations. Comme tu l'as sûrement déjà compris, les prépas HEC sont une blague, qui n'existent que pour donner l'impression qu'on ne "donne" pas les écoles de commerce à n'importe quel fils de fils de riche. Les écoles de commerce ne sont pas un endroit où l'on se démarque par son intelligence, mais par ses aptitudes sociales.

Certes, les autres, moins relous, choppent des boulots bien payés (souvent à l'étranger d'ailleurs), mais pas bien plus que des métiers accessibles facilement après un master en maths, statistique, ou même maths/finance, qui ont eux au moins le mérite d'être intéressants et constructifs.

Les maths, ça se travaille à plein temps, et pour en arriver là, le seul moyen est de passer par l'ENS Ulm sur concours CPGE (je ne connais aucun professeur de mathématiques qui a emprunté un autre chemin).

merci beaucoup, je savais rien de tout ça. ce que je sais des études supérieures me vient du 18-25 donc des bonnes sous merdes qui ne rêvent que de monter leur startup en amérique et qui pompent les parisiennes comme pas permis. mais quand même, je comprends pas comment c'est possible d'être assez con pour pas réussir une ECS. j'ai eu l'impression d'être Will Hunting toute l'année.

nope, haven't failed a year (yet). but anyways, not american so technically didn't do a freshman year, whatever that is.

Je dirais qu'environ la moitié des profs de fac en France n'ont pas fait l'ENS. Et de toutes façons j'ai déjà 19 ans et j'ai ni suffisamment de talent, ni un bagage suffisant du point de vue du travail que j'ai fourni jusqu'à maintenant pour pouvoir prétendre à n'importe quelle ENS, encore moins Ulm. Quand on est brainlet on est brainlet comme chantait l'autre.

après il faut pas non plus exagérer et tomber dans le cliché du commercial carnassier au charme ravageur qui ne réussit que par ça. en vrai les trois quarts des commerciaux que je connais c'est des spergs complets étrangement. genre vraiment asperger. ils savent pas lire une situation, ils sont pas drôles, ils ont aucun charisme etc

Mon prof de maths de MPSI a fait Cachan, et c'est un turbo autiste à côté de tous les autres profs de maths que j'ai rencontré.

Franchement je sais plus trop quoi penser de la question talent vs études. J'ai vu les sujets ENS et polytechnique, ma première réaction a été de penser qu'il fallait un énorme talent pour les réussir, et que c'était impossible au bachotage. Pourtant, j'ai eu des profs qui avaient fait ces écoles et qui étaient juste pas si bons quoi. Ils faisaient leur lot d'erreurs, galéraient parfois sur du bac+1/+2 élémentaire, calculaient comme des merdes, etc. Je sais pas.

>could get a business degree and pursue math on the side, right? It's not unheard of.
the only reason not to do this is time right? because it leaves you with the best of both worlds and something to fall back on.

i would say get the degree and reevaluate from there

kek je connais un prof de physique qui a fait Cachan, c'est un énorme autiste aussi. Coïncidence?

La triste vérité c'est qu'il faut pas être bon, juste moins nul que les autres

t. reçu brillamment partout

Je ne puis que te conseiller de suivre une voie qui te plais. Vivre 40ans de carrière ennuyeuse, être riche et côtoyer la haute société ne devrait pas te convaincre. Les études supérieures en France sont teintées de marketing. On nous vend le rêve du pouvoir et de l'émancipation. En réalité, les etudes sup fournissent au système ce qu'il a besoin, des salariés qui travaillent comme des fourmis écervelés. J'ai personnellement fait une école d'ingénieur et je travaille maintenant dans un grand groupe fr. Mon ambition première était de devenir historien. Bien sûr je lis toujours des livres sur le sujet mais je ressens l'éternel regret de ne pas avoir suivi la voie de la passion. Attention, une fois mis le pied dans l'engrenage, il est difficile d'en partir... On te rend bon à quelque chose que tu ne respectes pas. C'est mon impression en tout cas.

Bon courage.

>study what you like
no study what you like but take a career that pays and you kinda like, do what you love on the side if it cant be a career

I love philosophy but I cant eat with a degree in it, just like I cant live the lifestyle I desire in biomed engineering for prosthetics

If money isnt an issue do what you love otherwise just make ur nut and do what you love on the side

>thinking business field would be any different for a science field when it comes to loneliness

being a science major is awful for meeting women, and the ones in it are already put on a pedestal

tl;dr - ur gonna feel lonely with hookers and hemmingway your brains out by 40 in either path with that mindset

That's totally not what I'm saying. I'm saying I already gave up on the idea of finding a woman or having a family and even if I did i doubt it would bring me happiness.
I feel like if I study a normie field, hang out with normie colleagues I would need to commit to a normie life. Something I know I can't do.

But I can live out this romanticized fantasy of committing my life to science. I know it's delusional, but we all need to tell ourselves lies to stay functional and keep on going.

>(je ne connais aucun professeur de mathématiques qui a emprunté un autre chemin).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

avant la fin de la prépa, va parler au directeur de formation de l3 en math ou physique, à l'upmc ou paris 11 ou autre. Demande leur si tu peux t'inscrire à leur cours de l3, ou moins à une l2

Pourquoi t'es pas allé en taupe OP ?

je parlais bien sûr des enseignant-chercheurs, pas des profs de lycée

inb4 Grothendieck

c'est genre le point Godwin version maths

>enseignant-chercheurs
toujours pas, une grande proportion dans les fac de province a juste fait la fac

Pas doué du tout en physique
Pas bon en SI
Pas assez intelligent pour faire X/ENS/Centrale/Mines