What are Veeky Forumsentists thoughts on videogames...

What are Veeky Forumsentists thoughts on videogames? Are here some people who turned the back on vidya to concentrate on things that are actually productive?

Objectively the worst way to waste your time.

Sent from my iPhone

How far from reality are you, if you can't even fathom that there are people who do not play games?

Yes, it's calling rubbing one out.

sry, I am Brainlet. What is the background to this study?

I used to spend all my free time on games in upper secondary (equivalent to high school). Then I got into uni and started gaming less and less because getting to the top takes lots of self-study.

I still waste my time on Veeky Forums, though.

Very strange results. Are one-player games mostly puzzles here? Or is it just correlation due to social factors?

So, playing some rpg or strategy game once per week makes you smart but playing counter strike makes you retarded?

Sounds too good to be true

That bottom graph is interesting

Video games and nuclear weaponry are the primary reasons we have highly performing computers today. Over indulging in them (like anything else) is problematic, but the breadth of skills and technology that goes into making them can easily be applied to practical applications.

What is meant by "difference of score" ? Can you elaborate on the graphs ?

it could be selection effect.
Brainlets do CoD, Brainmores do JRPGs.

I think it's more about playing 20 different games ~50 hours each, learning something new every time vs. playing one single game for 1000 hours, trying to perfect a single skill

vidya journeymen vs assembly line workers

I want to quit, but my ego won't let me admit that I can't make Diamond in Overwatch

It's actually a curiosity for me at this point

The day I cross 3000 is the day I quit forever

>too much of anything is bad for you

no shit sherlock

Video games make you a better doctor, scientifically proven. Super Monkey Ball 2 is particularly effective. Single-player with a combo of puzzles and dexterity seems like the ideal.

>Video games make you a better doctor
I didn't know I was a doctor, thanks user.

I haven't played videogames since I was 22.

I'm doing a MS Mathematics, PhD in Statistics

It's nothing special, I promise you. Just as retarded as Platinum.

Did you really never play doctor as a kid? You're certified since then

I'm going to jail if I keep playing it like I did back when I was 8
t. even fucked his neighbor's ass when she was 7(1yr younger)

People probably get distracted at home and never finish their homework. Is it also so perplexing to me that homework is even given in the first place. They should just take out general ed classes those like art class and replace it with classes in which people finish their work.

I tried to stop playing them, but I can't

I realized I can't be productive 24/7 and sometimes the downtime helps me think better at maths.

>Are here some people who turned the back on vidya to concentrate on things that are actually productive?

yes, but it was more that video games just became so awful i didn't want to play them anymore.