>tfw your university is ranked 600+ in World University rankings

>>tfw your university is ranked 600+ in World University rankings

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/-1/subjects/3135/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw your university is ranked in top 20 universities in the world
Pic related

>tfw university is ranked top 3 in local town rankings

is that bad?

>tfw your university is ranked in top 10 universities in the world

Pic related

us universities are memes, they are sooo far behind eu universities.

know several eu students taking 1 semester in us, and everyone said it was pure pleb tier.

yet all europoor unis fall behind us unis
stay mad

>us universities are memes, they are sooo far behind eu universities.

I'm at some similar shit tier 3 digit rated university.
Am I fucked? Or can I save myself?

>Go to a top 10
>Not smart from ultra rich family
>Major in Art
>Everyone thinks you are a genius because you go to a top 10
>Graduate
>Work on Wall Street due to your family's connection, making between 60-100k starting

>university rankings
Literally a meme.

Why are autists so obssessed with stacking and ranking things? Schools, majors, hobbies, all of it.

Laugh all you want but you will cry in a few years when u cant get a job because a euro got it

Being in a top 10 university means that you pretend to be smart but are actually a crying brainlet?

>u cant

>uni is ranked in top 300.

I'm okay with this. I live in a small country. The competition isn't fierce enough for the uni you go to to have any significant impact in job opportunities.

>t. 900+ ranking

find me a better uni than ethz and imperial for STEM. I am waiting burgers

>BSc from 1000+ uni, MSc from top 20, PhD from top 10
life is good, even for brainlets like me

University rankings are just propaganda. The fact that the US has so many universities in the top should be a dead giveaway, but you shouldn't expect much from brainlet Veeky Forumsentists.

Number 8 reporting in

>this is what brainlets actually believe
disgusting tbqh

Ummmmmmmmmm...no sweaty...

>more peer reviewed papers
>funding that is greater than a large number of countries gdp
>ability to attract the best and brightest from all over the world

They get their ratings for a reason, cry all you want

>ability to attract the best and brightest from all over the world
you mean poo-in-the-loo and chinks? these are only good for taking exams no creativity whatsoever to do research

keep thinking that lmoa

exchange program or actual international?

studying abroad country for anything besides research is a party for rich kids
first 3 semesters in us uni is literally a catch-up meme to make up for shit burger high school system

>not ranked

AHHHHHHHHHH MAKE IT STOP

And I thought my university was bad for only barely being in the top 100.
No wonder this board is shit, it's full of brainlets.

>studying abroad country for anything besides research is a party for rich kids
sounds anecdotal bro

damn nibga

Bump

>Being in a top 10 university means that you pretend to be smart but are actually a crying brainlet?
Crying because the Classes are much more difficult. So hard that even very smart & prepared students fail.

hmm

>imperial
>better than MIT

t. failed oxbridge interview and now spends all his time saying he didn't really care and that 'ermm like imperial is better for my course though?!'

One third of Ivy league students are like that. Art, History & Philosophy majors with Rich Daddy.

But that's only some top ten universities. Like yeah MIT is really hard but Harvard has grade inflation up the wazoo.

My uni (in europe) is ranked like 300. Past exams from Ivy league school that I do for practice are always much easier than the ones at my uni. No wonder every american on sci has a 4.00 GPA.

congrats

similar story bud, we out here moving on up!
Went to top 120 US uni, but not even ranked in my major (EE), then top 10 US for MS, and now going to top 10 world uni in continental Europe livin the dream

what country? how did you decide to move from the US to Europe?

>tfw your university isn't even ranked

>tfw your university is top 10 in the nation
>in business

i feel you

Switzerland. I've wanted to study in Europe for a while just because I had traveled there a few times as a kid and loved it. I was accepted for a MS over here but thought I wouldnt be able to afford it with the aid I was given, now with the PhD I should get paid more than enough for the few years I'm over here. Might even try to stay longer afterwards if it is really nice.

Do they speak English there? That's cool. What field?

Most Swiss around here speak German as their first language, but many know English as well. The PhD is all in English and so is the MS that I was planning on doing. Many people from outside Switzerland and so English is fine for most things, but I am trying to learn German. In electrical engineering.

>tfw living in a third world country
>tfw Uni is at the top 500-600
>tfw it's still the best Uni from my country
fuck you all

A huge portion of those rankings are based on diversity

>tfw 2001-250

According to timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/-1/subjects/3135/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

>tfw your university isn't in half the ratings because it can't give out PhDs for dumb political reasons.

>go to UC everyone shit talks
>still ranked 161 worldwide

t. "I am in a shitty Java school, but it has a nice rank due to one or two selling points that were enough to convince the rank monkeys, so my feelings are reassured"

If I don't get into Cambridge, what's the 2nd best option in the UK?