Any biologists/doctors here?

Any biologists/doctors here?
I am 22 years old and suddenly I had an epileptic seizure.
My grandparents died this week and I was about to move to a new country. Is stress/tension a catalyst for this kind of condition or might it be something underlying that a longer time?

Other urls found in this thread:

epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/dietary-therapies/modified-atkins-diet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

May be a coincidence, may be conversion disorder.

>might it be something that was underlying for a longer time?
Was what I meant to type.

Never had any seizures before (even something like a bit stronger dizziness)? Are you sure it was an epilepsy episode? Maybe it was just vertigo, if so then yea it's from stress. But go see your doctor, you could have epilepsy that just never surfaced before. It is possible, but I don't believe it very much.
t. 5th year med student

If this has been your only incident, it was stress or not an actual seizure. Do NOT see a neurologist about it. Neurology is still in witch doctor phase of science. There's no model of the brain and treating symptoms is just throwing darts at a board hoping something works. You're more likely to seriously fuck yourself up with neurology meds than treat anything. And the entire time they'll insist it must be working since you haven't had further seizures.

Massive amounts of stress can do that.

If you have another, you should start to be concerned. More than half of people who have their first seizure don't have a reoccurence.

God if this guy dies for not taking your advice...

Probably aids, best get your prostate checked,

Not a doctor but recently found out pork tapeworms can lay eggs in your anus tissue which can spread into your bloodstream and be carried into your brain, which can cause seizures. Just a thought.

>paul showing his dance moves

Just gotta ask, how did you know it was an epileptic seizure? If you were diagnosed by a medical team/doctor, then you should be concerned. Your age is the key. Onset MS shows signs by seizures around the twenties. Don't be afraid, it could be stress. Get checked in your new country. Hopefully they have better medical care than the one you are leaving.

Someone's been watching House MD.

What kind of seizure?
Actual medfag here
Any other history?

Not really. Actual MD. Consulted on House BTW.
Newfag...

Repressed faggotry can actually build up and cause epileptic fits. I assume your grandparents diddled you and the memory of the events mixed with the weird enjoyment caused the fit.

Could have been a syncopal episode, especially if you haven't been eating or drinking right for a while and are anaemic. Do you have more information about the fit itself - how long it lasted, what your movements were like, how quick you were to come around and also if you experienced any feelings prior to the episode.

Don't listen to this absolute moron.

I didn't have my first grand mal seizure until I was 18, sometimes these things may not manifest until adulthood. Stress may have been related in your case, or it could have been something like sleep deprivation.

This guy has a point, anticonvulsant drugs slow down your brain and can sometimes lead to impaired mental health, depression, sleep disorders, etc. If they lead to less overall suffering, though, they're obviously preferable to no treatment at all.

This treatment worked extremely well for my case but apparently most people can't stick to it
epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/dietary-therapies/modified-atkins-diet

I know a person who was epileptic before having a brain tumor removed.
go to the doctor.

>had a seizure
>first response is to ask NEET scientist larpers what to do
I'd say it's given you brain damage OP, much worse than what you had before