Ahahahaha Veeky Forums BTFO

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest - whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories - comes afterwards. These are games.
-The Myth of Sisyphus

Other urls found in this thread:

journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2015.01100/full
journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fevo.2017.00003/full
plato.stanford.edu/entries/dynamic-semantics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like something a depressed faggot would say.
The vast majority of people can easily tell that life is worth living.

Albert Camus is not a faggot but you're.

Are you saying that he is depressed because he says that, or that he says that because he is depressed?

Fuck philosophy. Philosophy is pretentious self absorbed self indulgent shit sniffing ego masturbation. suicide isnt a philosophical problem, let me lay it out for you. Are you a self absorbed whiny bitch that wont stop crying for attention over how hard your trials and tribulations in life are? Then fucking kill yourself. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and put the axe to the grindstone nigger. Theres work to be done.

What an opinionated ignoramus.
Are you 12?

Both and neither at the same time. He's in an endless loop tearing himself apart. The reason for living will always be subjective, depression is just a chemical imbalance that affects your thinking. Being miserable is a personality thing.

Its not opinion its how it is. philosophy that has impacted the world and the people in the world in a conducive manner can be regarded as science. Example being Plato's allegory of the cave.

He's on the right track but a bit too naive.

It's a philosophical question to determine whether it's even possible to escape this universe we're living in. Because if it's not possible, then it's meaningless to fathom whether or not we want to escape. Instead, in that case, a more meaningful problem would be to determine how we could make living less painless.

>The reason for living will always be subjective
Makes sense

>Being miserable is a personality thing.
What do you mean by that?

You see, this is more scientific than philosophic to me.

By personality I mean how you observe things and "react" to them. Your self and your senses.
If you think everything is meaningless, that would be an opinion because humans can only form meaning from emotion and inner reasoning. If you find no purpose to the universe, it doesn't necessarily need one because you made the thought that it had to. Everything exists because it exists. Why? Because causality caused itself.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest — whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories — comes afterwards. These are games; one must first answer. And if it is true, as Nietzsche claims, that a philosopher, to deserve our respect, must preach by example, you can appreciate the importance of that reply, for it will precede the definitive act. These are facts the heart can feel; yet they call for careful study before they become clear to the intellect.

If I ask myself how to judge that this question is more urgent than that, I reply that one judges by the actions it entails. I have never seen anyone die for the ontological argument. Galileo, who held a scientific truth of great importance, abjured it with the greatest ease as soon as it endangered his life. In a certain sense, he did right. . . . That truth was not worth the stake. Whether the earth or the sun revolves around the other is a matter of profound indifference. To tell the truth, it is a futile question

I hope Veeky Forums will recover Ahahahahaha

Goddamn philosophy faggots and their tangential word salad.

seriously, fucking simplify that shit. youre trying too fucking hard to portray some deep emotional understanding. The result is fucking pretentious self absorbed faggotry

It's not at all a serious problem. In fact, it was so simple that God left it as a trivial exercise for the reader.

>I REALLY HATE THIS THING I CLEARLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND

>chemical imbalance
dont use those terms, here is an explanation why

journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2015.01100/full

pleb

The majority of people living have not received major literal or figurative kicks in the balls.

>depression is just a chemical imbalance
wew lad
go die sign denier

>I REALLY HATE THIS OPINION I CLEARLY DONT AGREE WITH

Pretentious hipster faggot

Fuck off with your forced meme bullshit

i sure do, because it is uninformed and cancerous
>seriously, fucking simplify that shit. youre trying too fucking hard to portray some deep emotional understanding.
Philosophy is so verbose because the words carry a certain conceptual meaning. Asking to "fucking simplify that shit" is asking to sacrifice conceptual precision and clarity, to write a novel just to explain something you are too ignorant to understand. How about you pick up a book instead of ranting about how people should dumb themselves down for you to understand them.
On a side if the passage you replied to triggered you as bombastic you have to be reading at the level of a 3rd grader. I suggest you start with the magic tree-house or goosebumps on your long journey away from ignorance.

Philosophy is verbose because self absorbed twats have their heads stuck so far up their own asses that they believe the rest of the world needs to sniff their shit too.

And if someone admits they don't like the smell of your shit, they "just don't get it" or just aren't smart enough to comprehend the magnificence of your shit.

Fuck off

>it triggers me when people dont right all dumb and shit
/b/ gtfo

>it triggers me when someone expects me to communicate simply

You fuck off faggot

nobody is forcing you to participate. Go talk to the other dumbos instead of flinging shit at the ivory tower. You know everyone who wrote, wrote like this before mass media dumbed down literature by teaching the plebs how to read

Just because you need an index to translate what the fuck you're saying doesn't make you smart Shakespeare. IIt means you don't know how the fuck to communicate comprehensively.

And this is science and math nigger, take this bullshit to histories and humanities

>whether life is or is not worth living
This variable is so vague that it pretty much cancels your whole post.

>Just because you need an index to translate what the fuck you're saying doesn't make you smart Shakespeare.
its called precision, if you need an encyclopedia to read it, it was not intended for you in the first place.
>It means you don't know how the fuck to communicate comprehensively.
this means you dont have the prerequisite reading comprehension.
Do you expect people to spend all the extra time it takes to spell it out for you?
no, and science is the same way. take this for example journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fevo.2017.00003/full
nobody is going to take the time to write this in a way that can be understood by the average joe reading at an 8th grade level.
>And this is science and math nigger, take this bullshit to histories and humanities
SHOOO GO ON GET GET GET

Theres nothing precise about an over abundance of words that are mashed together to articulate one or two single points.

Only people with the same pretentious self absorbed tendencies will waste their time and effort to try and comprehend your shit so they can bring you some of their own shit to you for you both to share and enjoy.

Veeky Forums nigger, go there

Fucking alliterating like a mother fucker. Fuck your philosofag shit.

random entry, go ahead and translate the first paragraph into plain English using roughly the same amount of words while still maintaining the same level of conceptual clarity
plato.stanford.edu/entries/dynamic-semantics/
im waiting

Im not your fucking translating guinea pig nigger, fuck off.

>i cant
pathetic

Jesus, the author himself simplified it in the very same paragraph at the end.

Meaning is context change potential

And once again, this seems more scientific than philosophical.

the entire paragraph was concise
>And once again, this seems more scientific than philosophical.
You mean it seems like analytic philosophy, what the vast majority of contemporary philosophy is, and has been for quite some time

the entire basis of science is rooted in philosophy

any guess what the "ph." in "ph.d" stands for?

Ya, im easily triggered. Most philosophy is worthwhile. I get over emotional and unreasonable often.

you done good.