How does one become emotionally strong/resilient to the point of absurdity?

How does one become emotionally strong/resilient to the point of absurdity?

That is, you would feel completely fine and not suffer despite being put through the worst physical pain and tragedy.

Like not being in mental anguish from pain of having both of your legs broken.

Or still being happy, despite being in an accident that killed your entire family and turned you into a quadriplegic.

How does one get to this level, or at least near it?

Work as a hitman, watch horror movies(Both the disgusting and terrifying ones), have at least some military experience, do some animal hunting, work as an animal executioner(The kind that kills puppies and kittens that are too sick/unwanted by society), have an extremely abusive zen teacher(The kind that slaps you around when he notices that you arent present in the moment), sometimes do some collaboration with those Jackass guys, etc.
Theres literally so many things you can do that its absurd.

Are you retarded, he asks how to become resilient in terms of controlling his brain not being a complete retard who wastes his life

simply recognize emotional reactions are unreasonable. Which entails a whole lot of not giving a fuck about anything or anyone.

How do you propose to become resilient to suffering without being exposed to it?

being a schizoid man and having a near death experience
t. pretty close

By not giving a fuck about anyone or anything. Sure there is overwhelming sensory overload when confronted by suffering you've never witnessed/perceived/experienced, but conditioning the reality of how unreasonable emotional reactions are into your everyday life perspective puts you way ahead of the curve to be conditioned for resiliency against suffering.

Suffer repeated trauma throughout your entire childhood. Also, resilience doesn't mean you feel nothing, it means you can handle anything.

you have to feel the suffering yourself user

Its almost as if you did not read the original post at all.
Not giving a fuck will not make you resilient to "the point of absurdity".
It wont make you feel completely fine after your legs get violently broken or your family gets killed and you end up a quadriplegic.
And then you have the nerve to call me retarded, what a fitting projection that turned out to be.

im not the one that called you retarded nigger. And working towards eliminating/controlling your emotional reactions by not giving a fuck as much as you can is the best you can do to reaching resiliency to the point of absurdity. Aside from lobotomy or surgical/electrical intervention.

Not him, but maybe drugs? Or some genetic fiddling if we're talking about a child?

Suffer a lot but believe that everything will be fine eventually.

This nigga gets it

Thats only gonna be a never ending cycle of disappointment

>drugs?
Dissociatives is where it's at.
You can also develop dissociation as a response to trauma, possibly you could learn to control/induce it through meditation and discipline.

die on DMT

He's right you fucking imbecile.

>he doesn't know about ptsd
Why are you such a retard like the poster that I replied before? The closest thing he can do without any permanent harm is visualising you fucking retard

That's what you believe.

Train your mind with paradoxical thinking.

The biggest paradox is how it is possible that in a single being coexist the same amount of "Good" and "Evil"? In the same moment? That's what suffering is all about, in my opinion.

If you let go, and accept the possibility of contraddicting terms being true at the same time, you made a step forward.

Stretch your mind!

>I can become a cold blooded psychopath by sitting on my cushion daydreaming.
M'tips.
The first RL happening and your voice will break up, your heart will beat uncontrollably and your legs will shake. And pissing will hurt.
No amount of self control will stop it.

I used to work in the freezing works, I also had a kinky sister growing up. Combine that with the finest throat cutting videos the internet had to offer then you can cone pretty damn close. I still dont like pain though.

No, disappointment is what the universe is gonna deliver to your doorstep every time you start thinking things are fine

Look up Project Monarch.

being a cold blooded psychopath is not the same as emotional detachment from your own experience.

Which facts did you use to reach such conclusion?
Which reasoning process step by step did you use to bridge those facts to such a conclusion?

Very hard to argue this since your fatalistic approach by itself implies lack of resilience. I don't believe misery to be endless.

Endless? No. but i feel very confident in stating it will be in great abundance for thousands if not millions of years to come.

My approach isn't fatalistic its realistic. Im as resilient as they come because of exactly that. Realism.

bump

>lol just like don't give a fuck dude

be raped everyday for a prolonged period of time

i mean it probably wont be how you imagine it because you'll just be dissociating from everything and kinda not feeling anything but idk i guess it kinda works

If you became like this you'd just be a NEET that did nothing all day. You need feelings to have goals and ambitions

Nihilism

Nobody's talking about the broken legs thing... O.o

bump

definitely meditation. Those guys who can light themselves on fire and completely resist the pain and burn to death without moving are proof the brain manufactures pain, and can be conditioned to turn it off. Same with other responses.

Experience and overcome extreme emotional trauma in life