ITT post awesome pics of top tier authors

ITT post awesome pics of top tier authors.

These photos were taken by Man Ray if I recall correctly.

hes so cool

Man Ray shoot of Poust's corpse

not pic but best author tho.

not so young (but not blind) Borges, next to his close friend Bioy Casares

Sartre taking a selfie with his wfie (forgot her name) and the Che Guevara

There's a cool picture where Borges is writing "Tlön, Uqbar..." in Enrique Amorim's house. Wish I had it.

best in the thread

Henry Miller and his fuck body

Simone de Beauvoir

The modernism

Thanks Sherlock, there you go

Virginia Fox can actually change her pose

How did Joyce got to be friends with the most cool people

one more

The lads (only the front two matter)

Oh wait, is Sartre's waifu there? She matters too.

I would

What book is he holding?

Wtf, she's thicc af

stop posting black and white have beens

He was disliked by the most part tho, remember the anecdotes with Proust, Virginia Woolf, the shitalk to Yeats and the correspondence with Lawrence.

I dont know about any of that, care to give me a quick rundown?

thique

>*tips fedora*

this is the kind of bitch you fuck in the ass and as ur about to nut you ram your cock atm right down her throat and jizz while she gags and chokes.

>ywn hang out with Man Ray, Joyce and Tzara

just fucking end my life cycle familiar

She was qtr than Virginia

So perhaps finnegans Wake is pure dadaism?

Probably not in 1939

cool

Post dada
He was never a member anyway

her brain looks big enough to play chess against itself like that feel guy meme

The stories are long tho lol

>He meet Proust only once, in some dinner at the house of some rich faggots (Picasso and Stravinski also present) by the time they were considered the most shining writers of their time. Some guy asked Proust for his opinion about Ulysses and Proust admitted that he had never read Joyce work, James then got super mad about it and said the same about Proust, but he was lying (there’s correspondence that proves it). I really encourage you to read the whole story of this, it’s very funny

>Virginia was a very rich girl who found her own editor house to publish her books and her friends, Joyce send her the manuscript of Ulysses when he was desperate for a publisher, but she rejected him and trash talked about the book on her diary lol

>Joyce told Yeats (with a sigh) that it was a shame that he was too old already to be influenced by him

>Basically same thing about Ulysses publication. He was looking for monetary support, but got rejected by Lawrence

Vargas Llosa and Marquez from the Boom latinoamericano. Later Llosa punch Marquez in the face for fucking his wife.

photo

Look mom, I'm a posmo

#YOLO

Joyce and his daughter, who went nuts by failing in love with Joyce disciple Samuel Beckett

does he have a phat ass

What actually happined to joyce's eye?

This pastel of Hesse I could look at forever.

ya

he must feel like a big guy in those little rooms there

chronic pink eye from all the.. fecal contamination...

ran with scissors

He was forced to do his studies whilst waiting for a new pair of spectacles to replace his broken pair

He gouged it out and dropped it into the Well of Urd, appeasing the well's guardian, and allowing him to drink and gain knowledge of the cosmos.

poop germs

pic related

Is the lit discord still around

Oh so you taking photos? Let me pose like a pseud

>LMAO POWER

No wonder Veeky ForumsBros are constantly rejected by publishers xD

Wow no wonder he grew up to be such a homosexual

Borges and some guy that hijacked all his ideas

My diary desu

Damn, Simone de Beauvoir looks like THAT?

The futurism

"Although it’s said that both writers confessed to not having read the other, Jackson notes that when Joyce “did admit to passing his eyes over a few pages he declared that he did not see ‘any special talent.’” He also confessed to some envy of Proust’s comfortable circumstances. Proust, who died six months later, left no mention of their meeting."

>tfw Joyce literally said Proust had no discernible talent

what a fucking retard

Pretty sure that's shopped

whoa, i've never seen this before

>vargas llosa

GOAT
O
A
T

underrated pic

Lurk for more references to proust in Joyce letters, he was just jelaous. James was a genius himself tho but had too much of a big ego to recognize talent in someone that "shitted" in his masterpiece. lol

more like murakami-bad-author-2.jpg

She was fucking as many hot boys as Sartre qt underage students.