At start of the book, really enjoying it

>at start of the book, really enjoying it
>half way through book, get bored
>start another book to 'mix it up a bit'
>same happens

How do I get out of this cycle? The only time i finish a book is if I skip some or skim pages

this is me

currently reading maybe seven books

I know it's Peter Hitchens, but what exactly is that image from?

I don't know sorry, just got the picture from /pol/ to add to my Peter Hitchens folder

I don't think it's your fault authors put so much stuffing in there books for profit...

You're not alone. It's really frustrating.

what books are you reading where halfway through the book you have no desire to finish?

DAE Dickens was paid by the word?

Dickens was serialized in the papers wasn't he? I'd stretch that shit out across multiple issues too.

same but 15

Stick to flicks and video games

Either stick to short stories and novellas or keep on trying to find longer stuff until you find what grips you and won't let you put it down.

>really enjoying a book
>read slower
>not enjoying a book so much
>read faster

Wanna go ahead and dump it?

Its from a video where he discussed Trump and Brexit with Doug Wilson and another author.

Casually mentioning having a Peter Hitchens folder like it's normal

I don't know why but in 400~ novels, pages around 200-300 are always a massive slog.

I was like you. SKIP THE BORING PARTS and come back to them if/when they deserve it.

I was like you. All autistic about muh chronology. I think what lies at the bottom of this is craving the sense of achievement of having "finished" a book. But this is fatal and highly unwise. What if you need to reread a part of the book in three months? Maybe you will never finish the book? Also consider that your mind will never bear ripe fruit if you are bored of what you're occupying it with. If it doesn't want to feed either wait or try with different fodder. You can't force yourself to enjoy something.

So skip that shit until you feel an inner necessity to come back to it or DON'T because time is wisdom-currency.

Can it compare with mine?

I can't do that either.

Nothing wrong with juggling books. I read about 7 at a time and when I get bored, I move on to another until the former strikes my interest again.