What can I do with an IQ of 108? I'm really depressed right now...

What can I do with an IQ of 108? I'm really depressed right now. I almost cried in front of my therapist and she said I was "a little bit above average" but we know that doesn't count for shit.

Should I just give up on my dream of becoming a neuroscientist?

IQs a joke Son. It only makes me feel better about myself, I didn't even pay 100+ bucks for an iq test, I just took several free ones online and averaged them all up to give me 130. Kek, IQ doesn't mean shit when I'm breezing through school, I'm doing Maths now.

If you can cry because of some shitty IQ test, maybe you shouldn't be a neuroscientist, get your shit together and we'll talk.

Depends on your work ethic. But given that a score on a sheet of a paper is enough to send you spiralling into existential doubt, I really don't see much hope for you.

Is work ethic a meme? I'm not OP, I just wanna do masters in a high rank Uni and then find a good job in the industry none of that research shit. Do I need high IQ for that?

You will never be a neuroscientist. Everyone else in this thread is spouting bullshit to fuck with you or are the stereotypical nice guys telling white lies to soothe your pain.

You can increase IQ considerably if you know biology and have a disciplined body and study and sleep time...

>Should I just give up on my dream of becoming a neuroscientist?
not even memeing, but yeah.
sure you wil somehow pass tests and get a degree, but you will be a really terrible neuroscientist.
find a job more suited to your station, like a cubicle drone or something

MODS! UNDERAGE!

Also online tests are a joke and provide inaccurate results 99% of the time.

>What can I do with an IQ of 108?
108 means you're smarter than more than half of the population.
Be thankful kiddo.

As I said I didn't give a shit about it since I'm already doing alright in college anyways.

>Low iq

just study engineering

>mfw 93 iq
>make $11/hr as a machinist
>have two children out of wedlock who live off of welfare
>sell weed on the weekends the average iq in this field is 73 so I'm basically Einstein

non brainlets are basically cucks

>taking IQ seriously
That's the real intelligence test, and you failed.

Go for it anyway. If you can't pass the classes, find something else.

Don't you think that for the IQ test to even be taken seriously, it needs to be created by someone with maximum intelligence?

IQ today is relatively meaningless. The tests have been so manipulated and changed that they have no baseline data to say what is what. If you tested over 100, good on ya! (Im not aussie) Your study patterns and behavior off study are much more important. Please try to cultivate good relationships with those around you who have the same career goals and establish good relationships with your professors. The system is there to help you, if you but ask and let it....

yes

this

You do work, you get results.
You don't do work, you don't get results.
It's as simple as that user. Work ethic isn't a meme. It's practically all that matters. If an individual with an IQ of 160 decides to become a NEET but an individual with an IQ of like fucking 12 decides to work at McDonald's, it can only be concluded that the 12 IQ individual will thrive better than the 160 IQ individual.

FUCK
meant for

WHY THE FUCK IS THE MODS DELETING MY THREAD OVER AND OVER AGAIN WHILE THIS THREAD STILL STANDS. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.

Most Medical Doctors have lower IQ than Electrical Engineering PhDs.
>Perhaps medics are better than any BSc. But most of them are clearly inferior to PhDs in EE, AeroE, ChemE, NukeE, Physics & Math.
Most medics suck at math. Medics are good just in memorizing a bunch of trivia from the easiest STEM science.
Medicals can not do the analytical thinking required when studying physics & math.
Just look at how medics misdiagnose so many times. EEs don't make mistakes that often.

>online IQ tests
Sorry dumbass, but that 145 you got after finishing some 15 min online test where you just match the shapes isnt legit.
You are probably in the upper 90s if anything.

>Should I just give up on my dream of becoming a neuroscientist?

No, that's perfectly fine for Neuroscience. All these people who are saying you need to be smart to be a neuorscientist have clearly not actually gotten an advanced degree in the life sciences. It's not like getting a PhD in math or economics. Yes, there are quantitative specializations in the life sciences and yes, thats where the field is moving lately, but there will always be a place for bench research which only requires an above average IQ. Even a brainlet like you can do it, it's just a matter of persistence and networking.

sociology

jokes aside, it doesn't mean shit unless you score extremely low or extremely high

how much of neuroscience comes down to solving basic logic, math and language puzzles as quickly as you can? Oh, nothing? Then I guess your IQ is irrelevant as it doesn't show anything beyond your capability to do that.

>[citation needed]
Is this really what brainlets tell themselves? Pathetic desu

a "medical doctor" isn't a neuroscientist

Use your neuroscience knowledge to boost your smarts. The better at neuroscience you are the more you can enhance your intelligence, in turn allowing you to become better at neuroscience, generating a positive feedback loop that can only end with you transferring your neurons to a supercomputer and achieving technological singularity.

Why hasn't this happened before? According to anons here it is quite trivial to boost your iq. Why hasn't this singularity arrived yet? Honest question pls no bully.

I have a higher iq than the valedictorian who graduated beneath me and is going to school and majoring in biochemistry and is going to medical school to be a neurologist. He also is doing neuroscience research over the summers and during his semesters in undergrad while I am barely scraping by in terms of finding my life direction. We both took our iq tests from a psychologist at the same time so we both know the results.

How much higher? And as has been said a million times before, just because IQ is statistically significant does not mean it's gonna be the be-all end-all in every single case.

It's funny how so many people claim IQ is worthless because they can show anecdotal exceptions. Almost as if they lack the IQ to understand how probabilities work.

If it was this easy it would have already happened

you can always flip some burgers

>108
wew I though brainlets were just a meme

IQ's are flawed. IQ's are literally worthless, especially when study after study has proven that: 1. If your IQ is even above average, you can acomplish any career requirements, and 2. hard work and work ethic always beats IQ

Just because it hasnt happened doesnt imply that its that hard.
Calculus happened even though it is hard for brainlets.

IQ 125 reporting in, despite this I'm pretty retarded

B-Brother!

>not answering the question
>not addressing the point
>not providing citations
I have yet to see one study that proves iq is "worthless". I have seen plenty that correlate IQ with higher degrees of success in many different fields of achievement.

That's because 125 is nothing special. You're not even the smartest guy in a room of 25 random average people.

>IQ of 108
>dream of becoming a neuroscientist
Sounds like you're overqualified.

first we need to find a cure for obesity

physics/maths no
otherwise you're good to go

Is it typical for most clinical physiologists to administer an IQ test? I don't want to pay those Mensa assholes a dime.

yeah im sure someone with an IQ of 70 can out work and achieve more success than someone with an IQ of 130

r u a r3tart?

You can probably study most subjects. Hell, i got an IQ of 126 on a test and i hold a masters degree in mechanical engineering. I never got the impression that medical professionals every studied that much math so it should be fine.

look up how many mothers stop cooking dinner for their kids because of
>muhsogyny
I have a lot of (fat) friends who started eating 3 bowls of cereal or toasting a whole loaf of bread at night, from the ages of 8-14 before nutrition class gets introduced in highschool. It was the only way their prepubescent brains could figure out how to get enough starch&sugar, since they couldn't make foods with iron or magnesium, calcium, and other shit.

other times, when I asked their parents (only 2 sets of parents so far) they both said "my stupid kid wouldn't do his chores so I didn't cook him dinner" and it's the most typical shit. He or she didn't mow my lawn, I'm going to starve them.

this is instantly true, becuase if someone with an iq of 70 tries to get a job the manager goes "Wow!!! Good job!!!" and if someone with an iq of 130 tries to get the same job, the manager says "You shouldn't have any problems at all if I don't hire you"

if your IQ is 108 you're smarter than 70% of the population. you probably can't be a neuroscientist but that's still a pretty decent IQ. it's high average.

Do big business instead

>Going to 4chin for genuine advice
>Believing IQ can't be improved/defines intelligence

Get a hold of yourself and start from the bottom up.