Contemporary authors

I don't know who to read that is well and living today. What are some Veeky Forums approved authors?

chckd

He is the best living author right now, you can start with almost any his most well known books.

he looks a bit silly desu

Laszlo is great.

Check out Thomas Bernhard. He died in 1989, but he's great.

He looks so well groomed in this one, I can't even respect him anymore. Judging by some older pics I thought he was going the Houellebecq way.

For some reason McCarthy has been getting some shit here lately but he is also one of the living greats.

Reading The Loser now and I can confirm that Bernhard is amazing. Not sure if he really counts as contemporary though, which is a good thing because then he'd be associated with the likes of pic related.

>living

nice meme

I'm still alive, Faggots

The Loser might be his best novel. Having read almost all of them, I can say there has not been a single one not worth reading.

Anne Carson and Gerald Murnane are the only contemporary authors worth picking up, all others suck dick, maybe with an exception of Byatt and Banville

Ishiguro, James, Coetzee, Ferrante, Chirbes, ryu murakami, Roth, mccarthy

retard

Started reading McCarthy and loving it. It's never boring and Blood Meridians got some god tier cowboy imagery so far that I can't get enough of

Its a great novel, its detractors here are misguided prose snobs who can't accept great literature unless it's obscured by artsy textual devices

Franzen?

twat

>Gerald Murnane
>writers from australia
>relevant

lol

If you honestly think this is why people dislike him, you have the reading comprehension of a third-grader.

I blame the retarded /pol/trash crowd, McCarthy was almost unanimously respected here until these idiots started flooding the board.

Vargas Llosa is probably the best author alive

What did you like by him? Read one novel about the crime in the Andes and it seemed like a novel that's more interesting for its political relevance than artistic. It was better than anything I read by corncob McCarthy, jerkoff Jew Roth and boring britbong Banville, so I guess he's good but still left me meh.

Try the War of the end of the world. It's a fantastic novel, part of the western canon according to Bloom.