Zero doesn't exist

Zero doesn't exist.

Prove me wrong.

No.

You just wrote it down. So it has to exist.

Q.E.D

But it is defined as the number of women you've had sex with.

But it's the number of people you've had sex with

checkmate

0 the hero
1'st the worst
2nd the best
3'rd the turd

Zero is the future versions of me after I an hero

Zero is required as the logical opposite of numbers, similar to how space (emptiness) is the logical opposite to matter.

>logical opposite of numbers
Just how high are you

Can you tell me a number that doesn't require the concept of zero to exist?

roman numerals had no need for 0

They still needed the concept of zero. Numbers cannot exist without it.

If I had one apple, and I sold it to your mom, how many apples do I have left?

It's a place holder for nothing.

why

Zero is the opposite to numbers, i.e. it is the lack of a number.

1 is 1.
1 is also the lack of any other number other than 1. That requires the concept of zero.

Something and nothing has to exist for the something to have a concrete boundary

All you need to count is 1 and 2

I'm not following?

You don't need 0 to count. You need 1, and you need the next number to establish a reference point. That's 2. Once you have 1 and 2, you have all the other numbers too since you now know the distance between 1 and 2.

What's the distance between zero and one?

nothing exists as a concept separate from zero, you can have a number system without zero.

the "boundary" is not writing any number at all. see roman numerals

>the "boundary" is not writing any number at all. see roman numerals

So you have just shown that the concept of zero (aka nothing) is a boundary.

Zero is the distance, not 1.

Zero is an abstract representation of non existency, just like one is an abstract representation of a unit.

Zero exists because its a concept.

It's not like you can have zero apples and have some sort of less than one apple made of matter.

right, but you dont need the concept of nothing to have numbers, which is what i was talking about

Kill yourself tripfag, you're also wrong
Hope your mom gets cancer

in scales where "negative numbers" do not apply zero is a hypothetical number, like infinity
where they do it's just a regular number

if u cant hAvE ZeerO then why does yer computer use ones and zeeroes. Ha

By saying "0 does not exist," you are presupposing 0 exists. If 0 truly did not exist, you would not be able to name it.

That's the point

What is the cardinality of the empty set?
Check and mate, faggot.

Actually that is a correct proof. A descriptor exists if you can write it down or at least count it up. Since OP wrote it down, he has successfully described the number 0 in its entirety.

0 exists
prove me wrong

ur a faggot zero is defined as the empty set its just a name 0:={}

Numbers don't exist, OP. They are merely symbols that we associate with this abstract concept of quantity. Merely an invention of humans to simplify and organize the natural workings of the universe similar to how we've invented letters to aid in communication. In the realm of mathematics both infinity and zero exist if your meager minds would even attempt to wrap an understanding around both symbols, you'd know that both symbols have a theoretical and numerical application.

The number of women OP slept with

Zero does exist.

Prove me wrong.

You need to explain why the lack of a concept is a concept, until you do that you aren't making an argument

You're right

/thread

Look at a list of your life accomplishments.
Q.E.D.

[math]1-1=0[/math]

>Zero doesn't exist.
what happens to the hole in a donut once you've eaten the donut?
the number zero exists
the concept of zero exists
things exists
zero is the absence of things
absence cannot be proven

this is retarded i want this sub to be actual science for once

Just take a look at your IQ.
Q.E.D.

Third is the one with the hairy chest, jeez, get it right

I would say infinity B0ss man.

thats not how hinduism works, pajeet

without zero and the numbers that follow behind it, then there is no relative difference in value.

[math] 1 - 1 = ? [/math]

[math]\mbox{Error}[/math]

Are you talking about the Riemann hypothesis?

How many times have you gotten laid?

what you have come to know as zero is not zero, but unity.

you think 1 on the number line is 1, but it is in fact not 1

it is +1 from unity in the positive direction.

zero is the fundamental beginning. it is not empty; it is completely full: at one with itself. no deviations in any direction.

It exist metaphysically, which is still technically existing. It's like saying 1 doesn't exist. You pseudo intellectuals need to stay on 2chan.

Donught holes don't exist, they're just lack of donught in a particular area of space.

>Prove me wrong.
P1: if (and only if) zero does not exist, then faggot would not post about zero.
P2: faggot posts about zero.
C: therefore zero exists, QED.

Exists in what way? That depends on your ontological system and philosophical stance. I think you are a platonist, since you, as it seems, believe that abstract objects such as concepts and mathematical entities can and do indeed "exist".

How else would we represent the number of your accomplishments?

Not if you've reached fucking 13th century mathematics. You can't have algebra, coordinate systems or basically anything above arithmetic without it.

But then you would have to represent nothing with something around the system with which you operate, just a blank. Instead you exhaust every possibility by including the empty space as part of your system. Now you can represent something and nothing. Zero, null set, null everything.

0 is the identity of the field we most commonly use in day to day mathematics

im not going to bother reading this thread, but if anybody says any different answer they are a brainlet, and dont deserve to be on Veeky Forums

OP is a faggot.

Prove me wrong.