You'll never find the right person

You'll never find the right person.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AoNNG9byXuw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>women
>people

I was watching one of Jordan Peterson's videos and he said something I really liked

>if you ever did find the perfect person they would run away from you immediately

Or something to that extent.

stop watching pseudo intellectual videos on youtube

That's literally the only video of his I watched, the pepe one. Irrespective of anything else he might say, that was a pretty wise line, I think.

>Oh nooooooo I have to make compromises to truly love somebody

Gotta girl that sucks my balls. I'm happy.

I can make almost any person the right
It's just a matter of training them well, manipulative as it sounds

This, all I need, I'll teach her the rest

You'll never have a sexual relation.

It wasn't, because not running away is obviously included in the definition of perfection.

... And once you think you found her/him, there won't be mutual love.

The idea is that a perfect person wouldn't want to date the imperfect you. For them to be truly perfect, they could only be with a mate of perfection, thus precluding you, me, and the rest of us. So, it is actually running away that is included in the definition of perfection.

Relying on another person is silly

Focus on creating a good life for yourself instead, and others will join you

Objective vs. subjective. An objectively perfect creature can't exist and no one truly expects this. A subjectively "perfect" one will of course have flaws in the eyes of others. But just as an objective perfection could only match with its equal, likewise two subjective perfections would have to be compatible otherwise neither would be perfect to the other.

I already have.

This is probably true though I've yet to do so myself.

>the right person.
>Implying there is but one

Pessimism in youth is pathology.

You and jordan are fucking retards. No one is referring to that idea of perfect. They are referring to a person being perfectly suited specifically for themselves. How are you this fucking stupid?

Of course, but realistically you aren't going to find someone who, in your subjective view, is flawless either, and you shouldn't overlook a prospective mate because their ears are a bit too big or they don't appreciate Joyce or whatever.

It's just a pithy little aphorism mr autismo, there's really no need to get this upset. See above; you're not going to find someone 'perfectly suited' for you. You should focus on finding someone you like and cultivating something even more worthwhile with them. You call me stupid, but you seem to be the one having difficulty understanding a pretty basic concept.

i want randians to fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=AoNNG9byXuw

>realistically you aren't going to find someone who, in your subjective view, is flawless either
I agree, which is OP's point. Doesn't make Peterson's idea of perfection in this case any less wrong though.

That's literally Peterson's point as well though.

>So deeply does self-doubt work in us that, to remedy it, we have invented love, a tacit agreement between two unhappy parties to overestimate each other, to praise each other shamelessly

The basic point is the same but the argument is wrong.

The 'argument' is just a mildly amusing one-liner. No need to take it so literally.

>That's literally the only video of his I watched

You don't have to excuse yourself over that. Go watch more.

>Cioran
>Philosopher