Realistically speaking, what's the future of energy generation? Let's say it's year 2100...

Realistically speaking, what's the future of energy generation? Let's say it's year 2100. What method is the most likely to be dominant fusion, fast reactors or simply advancing renewables we have today.

solar,solar, solar. Oil is gone, at least in the form we know it today, Plastic & plastic mining become the new gold. Millions have starved and died and most countries have population control. Solar farms are constructed on every inch of usable land that is not dedicated to farming. Off planet, water is gold. Asteroids with high H2O content are mined and used for fuel as solar energy in space is free and splitting water is common at any orbiting fueling platform. Governments are launching exploratory hydrogen fueled ships out into space to find the next Earth.

>Let's say it's year 2100. What method is the most likely to be dominant
Wood, if we're considering the whole world and not just pockets of high tech settlements.

Solar and fusion

Agree with solar, it's portable, easy to set up, and works well in most areas of the world. Not to mention the tech is getting better and cheaper.

Fusion could be big, but who knows if it'll ever really achieve anything beyond meme status. The issue with nuclear is most people have pretty negative connotations with the word, so even if the scientific advances come through it'll be hard actually funding the construction of the plants

I'm pretty confident for fusion, especially by 2100. When have we ever observed something to be possible and not eventually reproduced it? Not many cases.

Solar & Wind + much improved energy storage + much much much improved energy grid.

For example Europe getting direct solar power from the solar farms in the deserts of the Sahara through some mega project of HVDC cables across the Mediterranean and storing energy in huge dams up north in Sweden...etc

The power of friendship

fusion is more likely than stability in north africa desu

there is not enough lithium on earth to do this

it's a constant shift between legft and righ

The new wave energy source machines look pretty cool. They're pretty small comparatively, you put em in the sea, and have them absorb the energy from the constant waves. Infinite energy that might be a bit more reliable than others.

how does Veeky Forums feel about Tidal power, and using renewable energy for producing (electrolysis) hydrogen fuel?

I think it can work in my country, unless rising sea levels fuck up the tidal power stations.

the efficiency of solar power is getting better and better, and when oil no longer is viable it's probably gonna go even faster

itsn't the problem with tidal power is the lack of energy it produces? maybe for households and small small villages.

>off planet
Nice meme

What are you on about? We already are pretty close to theoretical limit.
There's enough hydrogen from mining,problem is it really likes to explode preventing from a lot of uses. I don't know if that can be solved in 100 years but finding some more stable liquid fuel based on hydrogen isn't THAT crazy.

Fire. If they're lucky.

>What are you on about? We already are pretty close to theoretical limit.
Not even close.

Friction and the matter of dead animals.

giant hamster wheels full of niggers

I like this idea. Provides electricity and lowers the crime rate. Could easily power the entire city of Chicongo with this method.