Other urls found in this thread:

thecrimson.com/article/1998/7/24/class-ranks-top-100-novels-of/
modernlibrary.com/top-100/radcliffes-rival-100-best-novels-list/
medium.com/@valkyrie8411/harvard-top-100-b5229780af40
medium.com
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>In early 2010 Harvard Book Store employees

Why should I care about what their favorite books are? Because they like female authors?

omg im so triggered. Pepe does not approve!!!

>NO EUGENE ONEGIN
>DROPPED

It's 50% basic bitch NPRcore suburban literature, 20% neckebeard redditor nerdslop but there are a few good books in there

A lot of the covers posted aren't even on the list. Harvard isn't as smart as I thought that it was.

>3
>Breakfast of Champions
>Having Vonnegut anywhere in the top 50

You say The Hunger Games, I say The Sot-Weed Factor
You say Twilight, I say The Recognitions
You say Divergent, I say The Magic Mountain
You say Harry Potter, I say In Search of Lost Time
You say Perks, I say Women & Men
You say John Green, I say shut the fuck up
You say Cassandra Clare, I scream Thomas Pynchon!!
You say Fifty Shades of Grey, I fucken punch you in the face

92% of teenagers have turned to YA and memes. If you are part of the 8% that still reads real literature, copy and paste this message to another 5 threads. DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF Veeky Forums DIE

>The list includes equal women authors to men.

Dropped.

When did Harvard become so pleb?

Ivy League universities have always been the supreme wellspring of all plebbery and the foremost factor in the decline of western civilization

how could Harvard law school be this cringy?

When universities stopped being an intellectual space, but a home.

>toni morrison

>25. Harry Potter Boxed Set by J.K. Rowling

Hamlet is my favorite book.

The Harvard Book Store is not affiliated with Harvard University. It is a book store in Harvard Square where the employees often post brief write ups next to their favorite books for sale. This list is just more of those book store clerk recommendations.

Sorry to disappoint the Ivy League hatejerk.

Daily reminder that Kurt Vonnegut thinks human skin has no moisture.

>imfuckingplying that the students aren't any worse by far

Here's in 1999 the list from the Radcliffe Publishing Course which was at harvard at the time which is absolutely awful.

>While the Modern Library's list--which hopes to raise awareness of great books and begin a discussion on the canon of twentieth century English literature--drew criticism from many for including only 10 books by women, about a third of the writers on the Radcliffe list are women. Both the Modern Library's and Radcliffe's lists were meant to be released today at Radcliffe, but both were given to the press early.

>Our list reflects a young, more feminist crowd," said Lindy Hess, director of the publishing course. "

thecrimson.com/article/1998/7/24/class-ranks-top-100-novels-of/

modernlibrary.com/top-100/radcliffes-rival-100-best-novels-list/

Radcliffe does continuing education for women. This is a networking class for middle-aged women who want to work in publishing, not undergrads.

Harvard is fucking huge dude.

>Harry Potter rated higher than Anna Karenina

>41. The Histories by Herodotus

No one's favorite book is the fucking Histories. This list is such a strange mix of plebness, posturing, and high school reading assignments.

>real literature
>a bunch of American pomo and Proust

My problem with Americans and their taste in literature is that they only seem able to appreciate (a) American writers, and (b) translations of foreign writers. It amazes me how ignorant they are of British and all non-American literature written in English.

This, I laughed when I saw it on the list. I'm not saying it can't be a fav book for Greek and (dramatized) history enthusiasts, but placing it next to books that would have infinitely have more readers and popularity like Hitchiker's is so fucking strange

Is this pasta?
Anyway just let people read what they want, you autist

>tfw STEMfag
>tfw finally feeling superior to Harvard

>state-school STEMlord
>can't read the article to see that it has nothing to do with Harvard University
Your story checks out. Go build me some gizmos, prole.

Sure, as soon as you have a stable bank account

I don't feel like looking at the list right now.

Brits are always writing about how many nigger hands they cut off in their colony that week or whatever, it makes me a bit uneasy.

>Pay thousands of dollars to be educated properly
>No Pynchon in top 100
>No Ulysses in top 100
>No Proust in top 100

Is that even studying literature if you never even touch these books? I mean, if you are going to have a useless degree and crushing student debt you may AT LEAST read decent stuff... When a bunch of nerds on a korean internet board make better lists than one of the top universities in the world, you should start asking some questions.

Sorry going to kill myself because it's Harvard Book Shop and not Harvard University.
OP this was bait and you know it. Now you'll have one more ghost to torment you.

Goodbye.

This list a fucking joke made by most likely women who have no understanding of literature and picked authors based on """"diversity""""".
I'm a liberal but this is a fucking trash list.

I'm not even triggered because Ivy League is now a meme only and anyone with a 300k can study in one of those schools.

>6. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
>7. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

underrated

Really cringe

Game of Thrones?

I remember a time when you saw this pasta on every Youtube music video about 10 years ago.

>A people's history
>entry level classics
>junot fucking diaz

Pepe certainly does not approve.

Popol Vuh is getting lots of cred lately.

Harvard Bookstore is pretty based, and harvard square is a great place to meet highly educated asian stem girls. Also, good food in the area.

>no Brothers Karamazov
>no War and Peace

The only excuse for this list was that it was compiled from a poll

>Harvard
>medium.com/@valkyrie8411/harvard-top-100-b5229780af40

Besides the top classics, how many of these aren't some form of leftist porpaganda?

>ctrl f
>karamazov
>0

hmm

>ctrl f
>bovary
>0

WTF!

>Harry Potter
>Hornby

ROTFL, "top 100", Universities in America are becoming a joke.

The only books I need are the Bible and The Bell Curve.

>medium.com

Stopped reading there t b h. Medium is pure cancer populated entirely by Silicone valley types pushing clickbait listicles, plebs with artistic pretensions, and the absolute bottom of the barrel MFA graduates.

Popol Vuh
Half of a Yellow Sun
Baudolino
In Our Time
I Claudius
Flannery O'Connor Short Stories
If on a Winter’s Night a Traveler
Middlemarch

Are probably the best "lesser known to plebs" books.

That list is terrible. There's so much junk on it. Also, call me crazy, but I expected Harvard would have more serious literature on their list - not children's stories, and more literature I had never heard of.

I guess the Ivy leaves are wilting.

The second half of that is pretty well known. I remember hearing some faggotry some cunt wrote about Middlemarch being promoted on NPR and the rest of those four are pretty ubiquitous in their own ways.

Sure, read what you want, but it won't change that he's right. Popular literature is general worthless. It's hardly any different than watching television or film - which is also, sadly, generally worthless.

No you don't.