Google Hates Biology

>man states facts
>is fired for it
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kzbm4a/employees-anti-diversity-manifesto-goes-internally-viral-at-google

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/07/the-google-rebels-diversity-first-technology-second/
lagriffedulion.f2s.com/math.htm
science.sciencemag.org/content/349/6251/aac4716
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The most ironic part is that the author had a PhD in biology from Harvard but got overruled by some diversity officer for suggesting that "people should be evaluated based on their individual skills instead of as members of a group."

feminist studies and intersectional theory are legitimately from prestigious and accurate than a shitty biology Phd. Literally, none cares about what old-white men thought was science 4 centuries ago

Blood boiling

>facts
But most importantly, what is the fucking point of all of this? Is he trying to make the company more successful? Pretty sure Google is doing pretty fucking okay.

There have been a lot of complaints recently about the company culture becoming unpleasant due to the big push for diversity. Google the company is doing okay, but it sounds like their employees are starting to dislike their jobs.

You can't argue with results my man. If the company culture leads to success, how are you going to justify your plea for change?

''Sure thing man, of course you have free speech.''

I am not American. There is something I dont understand.

How can there be a push for diversity, if there isnt a big enough number of women programmers?

He was probably incredibly isolated and surrounded by retards. It sounds like a hellish working environment
breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/07/the-google-rebels-diversity-first-technology-second/

The success came before the recent culture change. The culture change is in response to outside criticism. Google rests knowing no one can fuck with its monopoly and can afford to implement such self harming policies.

The claim is that they're being oppressed by male microaggressions so that they're not going into CS, and that we all need to check our privilege.

but then, there is nothing that can be done in a company like Google with regards to diversity, if there is a problem with women not studying maths or computer science, the place to act is primary school and high school, and the effects will be seen in years.

it seems like a waste of money for a company to have a diversity department, unless they are required by law.

>Breitbart
>Google rests knowing no one can fuck with its monopoly and can afford to implement such self harming policies.
Even if they're doing it for their image alone, they feel that it is in their best interest in the long term. They wouldn't do it if it was actually harmful to the company.

Serious talk now, women are shit.

They get into your group of people and start messing around with the existing social hierarchy. They become members of your group and immediately start orbiting the tall, half decent looking guy, which obviously makes everyone else jealous. They also refuse to respect the previous hierarchy because according to them the tall guy must be the leader because he's tall. My HS science club got ruined because of shitty behavior like that.

It's been four years but I'm still bitter about it.

lagriffedulion.f2s.com/math.htm

They are definitely doing it for the image alone,but they probably thought their employees would accept it.
If this brings enough attrition it will become harmful.

Why do brainlet women like you expect men to just sit back and take it?

Of course we will get jealous if you are going to treat one man like a god and the rest like subhumans. Of course we won't appreciate your presence. Of course we will hate your guts.

How fuck retarded do you have to be, to think that we will just suffer in silence while to shit all over us. Go fuck yourself.

Women BTFO by a tiny bit!

>a tiny bit
The differences in the tail ends are all that matters, and they're huge.

I have removed google as my default search engine.

>You're the reason I'm overcome with jealousy!

Except the dude's beliefs are in direct conflict with company philosophy.

gender differences are marginal compared to the differences between two individuals. Also gender is a spook.
t biologist

i thought the empiricist were BTFO by desecrates a long time ago.
here have a look at a rational thing to sayyou can gather empirical evidence for anything, that doesn't make those things real.
We really need epistemology included in our high school science curriculum

see

I was being sarcastic, but it doesn't get through on the internet sometimes. The difference is ridiculously negligible, hence the paradoxical "BTFO by a tiny bit."

That's what he argues. What is your point?

but it is so wrong for google to fire him for expressing an opinion. Google is going full Orwell.

He was toxic to the company image. Happens all the time.

>stating facts
>using data from social science and psychology

Pick one

science.sciencemag.org/content/349/6251/aac4716

Reminder that the replication rates in these fields wouldn't pass the smell test in the hard sciences.

Perhaps it was too much expect a biologist to understand this when using it an argument.

i have no idea about what he wrote. Only the idiot sexists that i see talking about him and some uninformative horseshit NPR spoonfed me.
by biggest problem is why this is news in the first place, why arent we talking about the sociopathic actions of giant corporate command economies like google or the legislative and judicial action protecting them that our dear "representatives" are working so hard on? Why are we allowing us to be distracted by unimportant bullshit like this and the dynamics of our reality tv show whitehouse? We have more important things to discuss, like how the world is getting skullfucked for profit that very few people ever get to enjoy?
what do you want to talk about next, professional football?

>They become members of your group and immediately start orbiting the tall, half decent looking guy, which obviously makes everyone else jealous.
oh shit i just realized im an unintentional Chad

cuck

Not really. Almost any company in America would fire you if you tweeted "hitler did nothing wrong" or declared your support of legalized pedophilia or something equally stupid and unpopular.

The bar for what gets you fired is just slightly farther left than normal because Google is a decratic as fuck company and all the human resources people are middle aged women with humanities degrees who got brainwashed in college

The Virgin Engineer
The Chad Research Director

>man states facts

At this point the public acceptance of your statements no longer depends on whether or not you're stating facts or spouting bullshit, it depends on whether or not your statement has a sufficiently large amount of sympathizers.

You will always get chewed the fuck out and become ostracized if your opinion is not shared by so many people that ostracizing them all leads to severe societal problems. 1800's witch hunts? Try 2000's PC police. I am tired of this shit.

On a positive note, it seems this is mostly the case in the US, but the problem is that every other country loves to appropriate the US culture, so I guess it's only a matter of time before the PC police start yelling at me in the streets for some random reason.

>Q: I see several people have left and one has thrown up. Do you think there will be repercussions campuswide?

>A. Nah. We are, after all, first and foremost scholars, researchers and above all colleagues.

>Thank you all again.

Jesus

Sounds like you need a safe space

Because, ironically, the small numbers of a group in one field scares away most others from said group. Having a more balanced populace in a field increases the chance of getting everyone from the entire spectrum. Otherwise it just makes the field look bad.

>4 centuries ago
Proof you know nothing about what you are talking about.

I know you're probably just being humorous, but these are the exact tactics used by the PC police to quell any unpopular opinions.

I think it's very odd that google aren't actively searching out and hiring otherkin, especially dragon and mole otherkin. Fucking oppressive nazis is what they are.

samefag

u're dumb

>isnt a big enough number of women programmers?

there are plenty of woman programmers for hire if you're a big company. when you're that big, you get to pick and choose.

>The document's author also wrote that employees with conservative political beliefs are discriminated against at Google
Gave me a hearty chuckle, guess they can't say he was wrong about that.

Import from India,china or east Europe,BS H1B women will had lower salaries over MS or PhD men, people will be Google pay less to women

Women believe gain status most high hierarchy respect her, after it, women would use inferior status as subs, this is feminist call equally, equally with highest status men on society.

mixed sex hierarchies just do not work

I had a programming class in high-school back in 2010.

>First day of class.
>Everyone shows up.
>Only 1 girl and ~20 guys
>Next day
>Girl doesn't show up
>Teacher says she dropped the class

Those damn discriminatory hiring practices...

Does being outnumbered mean you are microaggravated, or is it implicit sexism on the girl's part?

>the place to act is primary school
I agree, but what if the gap persists?

>hierarchies just do not work
ftfy

>hierarchies just do not work

>Marxist Leninist
>doesn't like hierarchies
get your shit together user

>I agree, but what if the gap persists?
Then you'll have empirically demonstrated it's resilience to environmental whatever, which is useful info, dunno. Not that other user, btw.

wew lad

>Firing an actual wizard.

Whelp. Now we watch as he casts Ultima.

>first wave feminist

Doesn't PC culture hate 1st wave feminism though?

I don't consider that important, now what?