/mg/ - Math general

A believing heart is your magic edition.

What is your believing heart studying today?

Other urls found in this thread:

etherpad.net/p/math
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anime

Great. Then please watch a good one, like Little Witch Academia

Official /mg/ notepad

etherpad.net/p/math

The movies or the series?

The series my main man.

What makes it official?

by definition

Can't a more elementary set of definitions/axioms be adopted so that then we can prove that it is official?

please reformulate your query using the symbols of modal logic

every iteration of this thread gets worse
it's almost fascinating at this point

hey guys cool
a general about numbers
hahahahahhaha

We have been free both of anime posters and trap posters so have.

I'd say this may be the greatest /mg/ yet.

>watching any mahou shoujo other than Madoka
why do you do this to yourself, user?

my post number is bigger than urs get rekts faggot

What kind of widely accepted axioms would non-humans reject?

>Little Witch Academia is mahou shoujo

WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
The only Mahou shoujo traits that little witch has is that its characters are girls with magic. They are not heroes, they do not transform, they do not fight villains. It is not a magical girl anime. You should know this dummy.

Completeness of asymptotic state space in Wightman QFT

>tfw I need to learn calculus with infinitesimals because physicists are weak ass niggas who can't into rigorous methods.
Any book recommendation?

So...this is just blatantly an anime thread, right?
How rigorous do you wanna get? Like measure theory rigorous or riemann integral?

>So...this is just blatantly an anime thread, right?
No. Read the OP's pic to see how this is actually all about math.

A believing heart is your mathematics!

>conflating infinitesimals with differentials
>tries to call others weak

Eh, you get what I mean. My autism comes if there is any formalism were I can use differentials without worrying of being under an integral sign.

I'm watching Boruto.

Right and wrong. Those mathematicians that dislike the supposed "lack of rigor" in physics should also reject statements proven assuming generalized RH/CH.

>QFT
Assuming anything that is not proven (except axioms lol) cannot yield a proof. Any mathematician thinking otherwise is an idiot.

Assuming anything without proof can only be used to prove that it is wrong.

Right and wrong. Those mathematicians that dislike the supposed "lack of rigor" in physics should also reject statements proven assuming generalized RH/CH.

>the spamming retard is back
When will summer be over?

When you are finally "accidentally" ran over by a car.

>What is your believing heart studying today?
I'm studying how to do these "proofs". Pretty useulless stuff. Idk why I even need them when I have physical intuitions.

Assuming anything that is not confirmed by physical intuitions cannot yield a proof. Any mathematician thinking otherwise is an idiot.

Physicists of the older generation are more likely to reject fancy mathematical constructs which are not supported by physical intuition, but I'm sure this is about to change.

Is De Come a good diferential geometry text?

Regarding integrals, u = sin, du = cos.
If I have an expression like :
sinxcosx
---------- dx
1+sinx

it would look like this:
u
----- du
1+u
, but where would have been the cosinus gone? Did I just consequently complete my substitution by assigning du to this cosinus?(edited)

does it mean, I also substituted the cosinus as the du?
So far, substitution and taking an integral meant, more or less, completing an incomplete expression.
Now it seems to be already complete.
Or did I forget something?
Yet, where would the cosinus be? Did I just consequently complete my substitution by assigning du to this cosinus?
Also, is Wolfram Alpha's Problemgenerator good enough for me to get better at math?
Or do I need more?

Most likely the ones you reject.
A very bad text. It doesn't use nearly enough physical intuitions.

You substitute according to your physical intuition. It's pretty simply really.

i agree with this poster just use your physical intuitions.

>When you are finally "accidentally" ran over by a car.

This picture is impossible. According to my physical intuition non-humans wouldn't be able to gather into such a formation.

Is there a good book which teaches math to Blacks? I'm pretty bad at abstract thinking (and just thinking in general) for some reason and I need something which extensively uses physical intuition.

A better thread.

What's with all this physical intuition autism?

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but does anyone know about good physics books written in traditional Chinese? I'm Taiwanese so I'm having trouble with this "English" stuff.

What's wrong with physical intuition? Those mathematicians that dislike the supposed "lack of rigor" in physics should also reject statements proven assuming generalized RH/CH.

kys weeb

Good post. I got a deeper understanding of my own physical intuitions from reading it.

How can I learn math better. I should learn root and logarithm functions myself at home, but I just lack the eagerness to study it.

Why do you want to learn math? Better learn physics.

Physics is a subset of math

From my experience most black people I know like anime and manga so check out 'the manga guide' series. I'm it's not great by any stretch but you just said 'math' and nothing else.

I see you come from the Arnold school of thought

Physics uses physical intuitions. Just study some physical intuitions, you don't need that math bullshit.

Thank you. And what about some books on physics?

New thread

I need to study math to get pass my obligatory school exams and courses. I would gladly study physics rather than math, if it was up to me.

Fuck math though. Just tell them you have your physical intuitions and you don't need math.

How can I use physical intuitions to calculate certain things?

That needs a great amount of these physical intuitions. You're better off doing simple experiments, doing simple math and trying to steal other people's work to "level it up" so to speak.

Oh and don't explicitly mention anything about stealing work, although it's a common practice where I study we don't really like to talk about it. I'm sure you understand.

Math is mostly about stealing others work. I have managed this far like that, but we will see how it goes in the future.

Yes, they don't use physical intuitions so that much is clear.
Just do some simple experiments and the most basic math you can find. That should help you with your physical intuitions.

You can solve almost everything if you know the basics of things and know how the world works. And I have to say this is much more interesting way to think these things.

True. This is why I study exclusively physical intuitions and not the math bullshit.

There's a manga guide for physics, relativity, and astronomy. Or feynman lectures, those work too.

Quick question, anyone know approximately how many people frequently post on Veeky Forums? I feel like I'm talking with the same people over and over again.

Cool. I feel like I love physics a lot but I fucking hate math. Let's mainly talk about physics in this thread from now on, okay?

>expecting me to know anything about magical girl garbage other than Madoka
what do you think I am, some kind of bottom-taste plebeian like you?

good job

existence axiom

>physics
why the fuck are you here?

>madoka
>mahou shoujo
You are indeed a plebeian. You should off yourself immediately.

>physics
Let's study some physical intuitions together?

so this is the shitposting general for non-mathematician larpers?
good to know

>BLEEhh
Physics is not welcome here.

Assuming anything that is not confirmed by physical intuitions cannot yield a proof. Any mathematician thinking otherwise is an idiot.

What is the best way to develop the much needed physical intuitions for math?

>He doesn't know about magical girls
>Which is half of Japan's entire super hero culture
>Which implies it is a huge part of Japan's entertainment culture
>Which implies it is a huge part of Japan's culture
>Which implies you do not know a huge part of Japan's culture
>But for some reason you are posting in Veeky Forums and not reddit

THIS REALLY MAKES ME THINK

Indeed. I think he should be executed along with the other plebeians of this thread.

Continue this pattern

1 3 5 9

My physical intuition tells me it's 3.

[eqn]u_{n \,+\, 2} \,=\, u_{n \,+\, 1} \,+\, u_n \,+\, 1[/eqn]

The pattern is trivial. Only consider that the sequence can be rewritten as such:

[math] 3^0 5^0, 3^1 5^0, 3^0 5^1,3^2 5^0 [/math] so naturally the next number is [math] 3^0 5^2 = 25 [/math]

Lol are you retarded?