Why is weed illegal?

why is weed illegal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oFFnbXEUO4Y?t=9
youtube.com/watch?v=1uJpQ-sFTeo
dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMapp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because of a huge lobbying effort by the lumber industry back in the day, also a disinfo campaign spread by reagan

youtu.be/oFFnbXEUO4Y?t=9
or
youtube.com/watch?v=1uJpQ-sFTeo

Pick your poison.

Is it?

Originally criminalized in effect in an effort to repress black people. Then later Nixon made it more criminal to repress black people but also hippie pinkos that time

Why isn't tobacco illegal?
According to the DEA's own criteria for scheduling drugs, tobacco should be hella-scheduled.

dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

They play favorites.

It's degenerate.

No medical use.
High potential for abuse.

Should be schedule I.

Marijuana has some medical use.
It shouldn't be schedule I.

Because smoking weed will make you dumb.

>marijuana is a drug
>drugs are illegal

Should all drugs be legal? Yes.
Are drug users degenerates? Yes.
Is smoking weed degenerate? Yes.

I made it easy to follow, OP.

fucks your mind up, anybody who tells you otherwise is either stupid or is smoking a joint behind your back.

Lobbying.

By this logic drinking coffee is degenerate ,consuming refined sugar is degenerate, eating food is degenerate. Get with it pol fag. Don't come here spouting but > muh morals

BACK TO PIECE OF TRASH

>No medical use
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMapp

Eating processed food is pretty degenerate. Smoking weed is also kinda degenerate. Unless you have a good reason like pain or your brain is totally fucked or you use it for inspiration.. If you're just sitting around smoking pot all day that's degenerate. It's a benign form of degeneracy like being a NEET. It's unproductive and if a pothead had any potential to do anything they would do that instead of smoking all day

T. Total pothead but only because I've got fuckin nothin and will have fuckin nothin for a good while. The $50 a month I spend sets me back marginally while it keeps me from killing myself before I am in a position to contribute

I went from being anti-pot, to smoking every day, then back to anti-pot. I can tell you right now, that all I did was play videogames the entire time.

As in the whole time. My whole life. The pot makes me laugh while I am playing the videogames.

So folk higher up in the supply chain have healthy margins.
Selling it for what it's worth?
KYS.

Because it is fucking degenerate. People should have clear minds. Alcohol should be banned as well.

It's a gateway drug to harder stuff, supposedly.

IMO it should be illegal to sell alcohol and weed but not illegal to have and be under the influence of.

Though there should also be a law where if you are heavily under the influence cops can "drunk tank" you

You're a fucking retard

Found the dumb weed smoker

>IMO it should be illegal to sell alcohol and weed but not illegal to have and be under the influence of.

The Kennedy family made their fortune during prohibition, you know. Give me the means to follow in their footsteps, I won't complain.

>people think alcohol is bad
>ban alcohol everywhere
>people learn the black market is worse than letting people get drunk
>let people drink again
>but now all these poor, distraught alcohol policemen will be out of work
>lets make everything besides alcohol and cigarettes illegal or prescription because fuck it
>the paper industry, pharmaceutical industry and prison industry love this shit and the mexicans and blacks hate it
>few decades later
>"we gotta stop these hippie bullshit protests or we'll lose the vietnam war" ~Nixon (paraphrasing)
>lose vietnam war
>hippies lose war on drugs even worse
>few decades later
>"pot is really bad, here's why" ~Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama (paraphrasing) (then proceeds to explain vaguely why pot is moderately bad for an irresponsible person, but never says anything that is scientifically proven to be true that isn't true and/or worse with alcohol or cigarettes because fuck it).
>California starts to legalize pot because its worth a lot of money
>wow, its worth a LOT of money
>other states start to legalize pot for rec and med
>WOW ITS WORTH A LOT OF MONEY
>feds turn a blind eye more and more

imho, the most reasonable explanation I have heard for pot being illegal is because its the easiest drug for drug dogs to smell out. If a dealer has pot, he probably sells more than just pot. The DEA may be using a sort of "where there's smoke, there's fire" tactic by using pot to find dealers and pushers that distribute more than just pot, pot being the smoke in the metaphor.

that's called "decriminalization"

it still hosts a black market run by gangs or small time growers, but it is better than federally scheduling pot as highly addictive and physically harmful.

it should be illegal for you to decide what other people can and cannot do with their labor as long as they are not harming others against their will.(others including wild things in wild places)

t. silk road owner

silk road was shut down years ago, faggot.

because it was negatively associated with the poor living conditions and lifestyle choices of nonwhite populations in the US.
politicians thought they could improve those communities by removing the drugs from them

Because it is a strongly potent psychoactive substance that grows like a weed.

Chad has never had the desire to smoked weed. How does that make you virgins feel?

Chad does lines off Stacy's ass

Yours was yeah, you pleb.