Junk Science to ban sexbots

John Banzhaf, a well-known activist professor of public interest law at George Washington University Law School, says experts disagree on the consequences of allowing people to engage in mock acts of rape with humanoid dolls, and lawmakers should vet this issue as soon as possible.

Saying there’s evidence rape sexbots may significantly increase the chance of rape to real women, the law should “no longer stand by and blindly ignore a major potential problem by doing nothing,” he said in an email to The College Fix.

Sexbots, especially those which can be programmed to act as if they are being raped, and those which act and appear to be young children, are already here and in use, Banzhaf said.

“The obvious first step would be to have hearings and do studies to determine just how serious the threat is, whether there are any real benefits to having sexbots programmed to simulate being raped, and then what if any new laws, regulations, etc. might be appropriate,” he said.

Banzhaf is no stranger to successfully pushing for government regulation. He “helped drive cigarette commercials off the air” and was one of the masterminds behind lawsuits against the tobacco industry, his faculty bio states. More recently he used similar techniques to target the obesity epidemic. His legal activism course is also known as “Sue the Bastards,” according to one report.

Now he’s turned his critical legal eye to sexbots.

He said in a recent news release that the consequences of permitting the sale, distribution and use of sexbots to “perverts” and convicted or potential rapists should be reviewed.

>Saying there’s evidence rape sexbots may significantly increase the chance of rape to real women, the law should “no longer stand by and blindly ignore a major potential problem by doing nothing,” he said in an email to The College Fix.
yea because violent video games produce tons of murderers? He's blowing this out his ass for publicity

it has nothing to do with rape. realistic sexbots mean fewer kids, which goes against state interests.

no one who buys and uses a sex bot was going to have kids to begin with. It's also not the responsibility of the state to limit something based on a subjective "what if" statement

I will have my robowhore!

>sex with non-living possessions is rape

you heard it here, all dildos to be banned immediately because sex with a dildo is rape.

Why do liberals HATE men enjoying life.

the OP didn't provide a link, so he could have just pulled this out of his ass. but anyway,

>no one who buys and uses a sex bot was going to have kids to begin with

not necessarily true.

>It's also not the responsibility of the state to limit something based on a subjective "what if" statement

correct. it's pure speculation by one individual.

I don't get it, it's a robot. It can't be raped. Even if sexbots get fully functional artificial wombs, they still don't have civil rights or even an AI to care about being raped. Is the general idea that some idiot is using a sexbot for practice for the real thing instead of as a legal outlet? That's just punishing everyone for the actions of criminals. It's also guaranteeing that at least some people with that fetish will eventually violate a real person instead of a doll.

>allowing people to engage in mock acts of rape

don't some real couples do this too?

>implying a woman can be raped

yup, sometimes with safe words too.

Get black robo-whore. Be sure it calls me "master" and speaks with every Ebonics known
Drive Liberals insane with anger

Playing devil's advocate here: people don't play violent video games to simulate realistically the experience of killing people, it's just a way of creating challenge in the game. Rapebots are for people who want to rape.

>Banzhaf is no stranger to successfully pushing for government regulation. He “helped drive cigarette commercials off the air”
Oh great, he's also against free speech.

op gave no link. he's probably lying.

Sure thousand romantic novels are write by women for women about how much women loves begin rape.

>Sexbots, especially those which can be programmed to act as if they are being raped

what if they were programmed to rape instead of be raped?

Jesus Christ, why are people so assblasted about shit that doesn't hurt anyone?

oh we already have those, they're called fuck machines.

are they autonomous?

Well if you're in the right position and they're turned on, absolutely. Without intervention they'll keep fucking you long after you die. So they're somewhat worse than rape machines.

whatever the case, they'll probably ban actual sexbots, or at least make some effort to stop them from becoming popular.

>Without intervention they'll keep fucking you long after you die

Yes... let the maid find me with a robo-whore still bouncing on my lap after I have croaked from the sixth mind-bending mega-orgasm of the night

I hope not. Feminism won ages ago and women still aren't taking the initiative on asking men out. Rather burn money on a sexbot where I know what I'm getting. Also, /d/ would benefit a lot from having a real outlet that is otherwise physically impossible.

I can't wait for sex robots. I want there to be robot brothels where you can go to fuck robots that look like anything you can imagine; black mexicans, dogs, cartoon characters, famous actors, furries, children, anime, etc... And it shouldn't be too much more expensive. After their owners buy them they just have to clean & maintain them.

/d/ will have their monster girls
/h/ their animu gurls
/r9k/ their boipussi
/mlp/ their ponies
Veeky Forums their muscular men

Truly a great time to be alive.

So is this specifically for sexbots, or does it apply to sex dolls as well? Realistically, I don't think sexbots will approach not-uncanny levels of development for at least several decades, if not longer. Increasingly realistic sex dolls would do the trick desu.

don't care either way. i'd never own one. the shame would be too great to bear.

What man would not like a perfect rob-sex-slave?

>activist professor
why is this allowed?

Banning sexbots wouldn't change a thing. Many drugs are banned, as is prostitution, yet I can still snort a line of coke off a hooker's ass if I want. Legal or not, sexbots are the future.

Id use it to keep my wife in line, youre thinking about this all wrong.

>Why do liberals HATE men enjoying life.

Because sexbots would screw up their carefully planned social engineering.

engineer here, can't wait to make mad bank off the sex bot black market.

Commercial advertising is not protected / free speech

>ywn own a robot brothel
Fucking clown world

My property my choice

this is essentially thought crime.

Dildos and fleshlights didn't cause human extinction, sex bots won't either.

>Claiming ownership in a mutual engagement.

and /pol?

what does this mean for /pol/!!!!!

but honestly, when was the last time you let yourself do this?
We should make it happen again soon senpai.

Machinist here, dude...let's get workin already, why put it off.

A black sexbot fucking a white one