Réjean Ducharme

So basically this is Canadian / Quebec Pynchon. No one has ever seen him, there are no photos of him etc. He writes more lyric/profound/melancholic stuff about childhood, innocence etc. No irony.
Thought he would be an interesting choice for you.
Cheers mates.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Réjean_Ducharme

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Swallower-Swallowed-Rejean-Ducharme/dp/B001JQHEKS
openlibrary.org/books/OL5651886M/The_swallower_swallowed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are there english translations of his work?

L'Avalée des avalés - 1966 (translated into English by Barbara Bray as The Swallower Swallowed)

That's a stupid name.

amazon.com/Swallower-Swallowed-Rejean-Ducharme/dp/B001JQHEKS
openlibrary.org/books/OL5651886M/The_swallower_swallowed

maybe it's a pseudonyme or something, mr Ruggles hehe

>The Swallower Swallowed
Didn't know they wrote biographies of your mom :)

Neither did I, my friendo.

Is he dead? Nothing published since 1999.
That aside, how's his prose? In French of course.

he is probably alive, but you never know. Quebec is proud of its culture so it would be a well known fact if he died d.e.s.u.

Prose?
Memories of childhood and youth, delicate, poetic, melancholic, refined, personal, 1st person, feelings rather than thoughts. Who I would compare him to? Maybe Ashbery if he wrote prose. Nothing connecting him to irony or post-irony, or even post-modernism.

>Who I would compare him to? Maybe Ashbery if he wrote prose.
ooh daddy likey

If you knew, my love, how... breakdown!
The day started off... breakdown!
When we got up we didn't kno... breakdown!
Nicole cried and I star... breakdown!
I told her Nicole, m'little Honeycole, stop that, stop that right now, you can... breakdown!
When we got up, the curtains were burst... breakdown!
We went to eat a hamburger steak at Laval Bar-B-Q, to live it up a little, and that's what... breakdown!
Nicole had a bad case of diarrhea. She would no sooner come out of the ladies' room than she would run in again (the hamburger steak was served with spaghetti sauce). And in between visits she cried. She didn't just cry between visits, she cried sitting on the toilet bowl, too.
I won't let... breakdown!

We're not gonna let this happen to us. We're gonna persist, keep on, headlong into the pile of It, and come out of it. To show It how we can... After our victory we'll parade like major-general majorettes, left-right, ass-tight...
Like majorettes but not clean and tidy like they are... Dirty we'll be, in the same uniform we'll have on coming out of It, full of stains, gobs of t sticking all over us. So that it shows... So it doesn't go wasted... Other people just wash it off as it comes. Gottawash nottastink! So dey say. Can't allow the stench to go to waste, can't allow sadnèsse to disappear in its own mèsse! So wee say.
Long live sadnèsse! It's neither here nor there, this nor that, it's be sadde or be deadde! Any other questions, asshole? Do you think that just because you keep on saying that you don't find life to your liking they're going to give you your money back and give you a brand-new one, very different, and very extra special, made just for you, asshole? Are you so senseless, asshole, that you believe it's enough to be against geraniums (for instance) for them to eliminate geraniums, asshole? Geraniums and sadnèsse are here to stay, since they're already here... and that's all there is to it. It's not a question of: shall I accept of shall I refuse this or that. This and that are there. That's it, that's all it is, it makes no more sense than that. Take it. Say yes. Don't struggle for nothing, nothing's gonna give.
When you get cuckholded you gotta love it, otherwise it goes, you go, we go. ITGOZ -HUGO- WEGO. Cinderella tella fella!

who are you quoting?

That's from one of Ducharme's novels, Wild to mild (L'hiver de force).

thanks!

en bumpant

Shit compared to Pynchon though. Un peu fruste, tout de même. Vaguement vulgaire.

I just compared them on mystery/personnality/constant hiding from public level

DUCHARME! SIENDO FRANCÉS!
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ

As someone still trying to get a grasp on his French, could I tackle one of his books? Where would I start?

L'Avalée des avalés, the most knownest

He's like Salinger, not Pynchon, you retard.

already told you you retard

It's a bad, lazy comparison.

why is that?

> doesn't do interviews
> HEY YOU GUYS ITS THE [X] PYNCHON

shows you dont really know pynchon

you must have down syndrome

you must have killed your own thread

Actually I didn't. I just compared two mysterious behaviors and author's performances (Ducharme has even less photos avaible than Pynchon) and your argument was "NO BECAUSE PYNCHON, PYNCHON PYNCHON HE IS NOT PYNCHON", like an autistic retard. So fuck you.

I have fewer photos than both, I am the next Pynchon

What books have you read? Which is Ducharme's best?

another argumentum ad absurdum.
You should be at least a known author SUCH AS Ducharme (he is known, believe me) or Pynchon, can't you see that? Inb4 responding to a troll. That pynches a lot.

>You should be at least a known author SUCH AS Ducharme
I know, thank you for seeing that in me user, my mother says the same, if only the (((liberal-womyn-publishing-media-university-complex))) felt the same way

Ducharme is just great and why are you Americans so freakin obsessed by Pynchon? Get a grip on yourselves ffs

>author's performances
You don't unnerstand my Pynchon, get outta here before I put you in a fauteuil rollant, hombré