What do the mathematicians of Veeky Forums think about philosophy?

What do the mathematicians of Veeky Forums think about philosophy?

>STEMfags
>thinking

Mathematicians are those guys of STEM. They are too absorbed in their autistic analytical systems to be concerned with the real world, or the philosophy.

>Mathematicians
>Veeky Forums

You mean autists?

These guys are dumbasses. All the mathfriends I have are really interested in philosophy and art.

Most other sciences are autism-tier.

caring about concepts is nihilistic

I'm a Math/Physics major and I think philosophy is dope.

It's great. Also:
>visiting Veeky Forums ever

Liberal arts fags get so insecure about their position in the academic hierarchy when someone brings stem fields up. It's like white boys and bbc, just admit you can't compete

They all have opinions, but few of them think.

i tried to browse sci until i realized that it was a bunch of jerkoff high school juniors who got banned from TheGradCafe for being too obnoxious

they are very stupid, reductionist and elitist.

everyone is just posturing to each other about who is the most puritanical pure elite abstract category theory mathematical genius who goes to the most prestigious university. they are more interested in the trappings and image of understanding math and physics than the actual pursuit of understanding of it.

they will be more impressed by a high school graduate who says he is interested in algebraic topology than a retired engineer who has designed stuff.

hubris & memes, no substance

lit is no peach either but better than those hacks

i cant write

>describing every humanitard ever

I like to imagine they're autistic analytical spergs who reduce everything to psychology

>compete
STEMfags are literally the slaves of 21st century. They're deplorable, easy to replace, have no personal talent and their work require more technical stuff than actual thinking. Even a fucking robot can write programming or do engineering. At least liberalbabbies have an ounce of dignity.

t. law masterrace

Do lawyers ever get tired of sucking dick? Literally finance tier

Lawyers are literally the slaves of 21st century. They're deplorable, easy to replace, have no personal talent and their work require more technical stuff than actual thinking. Even a fucking robot can find loopholes and relevant precedent. At least liberalbabbies have an ounce of dignity.

t. STEM masterrace

>STEMfaggots trying to argue

The fact that you can't write a poem on a calculator tells me all I need to know about those who study STEM.

This is one of the strangest, most obtuse and ridiculous statements I've ever seen here. And it goes without saying that that's saying something.

where can i get a notebook like that?

>lawfag trying to argue
>funny pic with some greentext

Their philosophical thought is no more and no less sophisticated than any other academic foreign to the field of philosophy. But what I can say is from the people I know they are more reflective thinkers than other people in STEM and at least inclined towards philosophy than say compsci people in their respective degrees i.e. philosophy of math/compsci respectively and I guess you can add engineering to the compsci side as well but I don't know too many engineers.

You've never used a scientific calculator, then.

I'm not very interested in it, but presumably some interesting work is done in the field.

>What do the mathematicians of Veeky Forums think about philosophy?

The Greeks already solved for X. There is no reason or need to really think about anything anymore

Discussing it, like doing math, is a pleasant way to pass the time, but ultimately all of this is for nothing as a very simple flavor of nihilism is what most accurately describes the world, and what actually holds good as a philosophical principle.

Most well-read/academically inclined types, when they get round to discussing nihilism, /can't stand/ to stay in the simplicity of what nihilism actually is, in the truth of it. Because that truth is anti-human and inimical to us, and worst of all, /simple and dumb/. And so the conversation has to become more elaborate, to dicuss detailed differences between various philosophers, to go over finer points of Nietzscheism, to self-delude in that human way with the possibilities of "going beyond", or transcending the dumb void. Except this doesn't actually happen, of course.

This totally misses the point*: the point is not to keep oneself self-satisfied with an interesting discussion, despite how I led off this post. The point is to get to the truth, or as near to the truth as is practicable. and the nearest that one may approach to the truth at this point, is to conclude that it's all for nothing and that you die alone.

When you say something like the above, sincerely state it, you are dismissed as being sixteen years old, as not being versed, etc. And this because people who read nihilism are commonly no sort of nihilists at all. I am past thirty, and the older I get, the clearer it is to me, that despite not having the life experience to deeply understand this in thimselves, the edgy sixteen year-olds really were right all along. This is the /dumb/ (true) conclusion that a bored smart person cannot brook as a possibility, and so he is obliged to sneer at it by way of dismissing the true cold death of reality.

*Not that any of this matters, in the long view.

Most college students in general are interested in philosophy in art.

Don't forget that people who think up these dumb arguments are NEETS who have never been to college, and don't realize that no matter what your major is, you're going to get a pretty strong education in la and arts.

I'm graduating this year with a double major in Math and Philosophy. Math is incredibly useful and fun, and it can tell you a lot about how certain physical properties interconnect make sense, but ultimately philosophy is necessary to understand what to do with this information. Math is quantitative and ultimately can't answer many of the fundamental questions that plague mankind