al/ck/ alchie alcoholism General

RRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BshxCIjNEjY
youtube.com/watch?v=4E9ydw_aDMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for booze

Day #2 of not going out to the bars.
What's even worse than being sober is the thought of all those people out there right now having fun and I'm just sitting here on the fucking internet.

bros i've been trying to cut down. i went from drinking god knows how much to 4 beers, to 3, to 2 and wow have i been a miserable cunt all week. like i dont even think i'm in a bad mood but then someone reacts to something i've said like o_o and i realize i just want booze and i don't mean to act a dickhead. fuck mates :( i used to be a funny, witty guy, but the past week (maybe two) i've just been wondering how i still hve a gf desu. welp cheers i'm drinking another fuck tapering off i guess

Had a fever of 102 for about 9 hours after drinking a liter
Think its finally time to cut back

I fucked up again

Fucking normie.

95 days today. I'm so glad I'm not living like I was. I was on a fast track to an early grave.

Drank half a bottle of dry Pastis/Ricard two days ago and blacked out.
My head still feels like it's trying to explode.
Help.

i managed 7 days of sobriety, then i slipped and drank 0,7 vodka.

life is guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud

This really motivated me to not get addicted. I'm too much of a happy person without it I couldn't imagine feeling what you are feeling

Woke up in a huge pool of my own piss today. Can't flip the matress because I did the same on the other side.

Keep telling myself to get it together but for some reason I just don't.

When are you going to stop drinking your life away?

youtube.com/watch?v=BshxCIjNEjY
Just throw it all out

I want to drink but am on extended release pain killers so can't keep anything down : (

so weak

Butt chug

egtrgbvfrfrd

I've got a midterm today and I'm drinking absinthe. Why is it so fucking tasty?

Also, I've sort of turned my dad, stepmother, and step-sister into alcoholics by urging them into drinking more and more. I think I might be the devil.

15 days sober.

Today I noticed a change, I went to work and was actually happy for once. I also laughed genuinely for the first time in forever.

Question. How much did you drink over how long? Have you noticed wanting to be more sociable now you don't drink and finally, how long did it take you to feel happy again?

How can you be happy at work. Isn't joy anathema to work?

im fucked

theres bugs everywhere

That's what I was thinking. It's a terrible job with terrible colleagues but today I was happy for some reason. It was a welcome change from self-loathing.

It's OK bud, everyone fucks up. Start again :)

Great post now kill yourself subhuman

feels

What's the beat way to approach two faggots who keep drinking till 6 am in the building. I don't care about parties themselves, but they jjst start shouting like they want to kill each other.

to be honest with you man you might not be the devil but you are kind of a piece of shit. My cousin did the same thing to me, he wanted a drinking buddy and he peer pressured me every time we hung out until I finally started drinking with him and now I'm a hopeless alcoholic.

I shat myself with diarrhea in a restaurant because I got piss drunk before the date, this is the lowest I've ever been

Not him, but I'm in a very similar position so can give give you some answers.

72 days here. Was drinking since I was 13... abusing it in my teens, would drink whatever I could get my hands on, passed out a lot. My entire teenage life is a blur. At 19 I began to drink only alone. Cut off from everyone and would drink around 5 bottles of 70cl vodka a week with ciders thrown in. Did that for 3 years on and off (never stopped drinking just drank less or more).

First 2 weeks were horrible. Sweats, headaches and hard to sleep. Very weak and pain in my abdomen and frequent infections.

Also incredibly boring, but I stuck with it.

It gets better tho...a lot better. Before I quit I was thinking how I was going to be able to speak to anybody ever again normally, but around a month in, I guess the brain fog began to go and I began speaking to people again. I think the social aspect comes from pride and self esteem...when you're an alcoholic you feel worthless unless you've had a drink therefore you don't feel you want to engage with anyone.

Now I'm going to start the gym next week and trying harder than ever to find a decent job. Best decision of my life, if you're in a similar boat...do it.

If you have any other questions I'll hang about for a bit, I think having someone talk from personal experience is good to get motivated. I asked very similar questions when I decided to do it.

It'll be a hilarious story to tell in the future user. Don't sweat it

I'm on day 15 and I don't have headaches or anything like that, in fact I sleep better now. The problem is I have the worst brain fog at the moment. I struggle to remember conversations I have had earlier in the day (which is shit when you have a gf and she begins to think you just don't listen). I hope it goes away soon.

I still feel pretty worthless and I have a hard time striking up a conversation (I was shy even before alcohol) or thinking of anything interesting to say (brain fog).

I just got a gym membership so hopefully exercise will help me feel happier and at least I don't feel like relapsing.

Man, beer in Canada is so expensive. 60 bucks for 4 473ml Asahi singles and a 12 pack of shock top and bottle opener.

Also the shock top box ripped and the bottles dropped out breaking all over the floor. Luckily they didn't charge me for that.

Just remember it's perfectly normal. Tell the people around you how you feel also and keep reminding yourself it will get better. I worked a day last montg (was temp job from an agency) and ended up talking to a guy on breaks, and even ended up walking to the bus stop with him and it was a constant conversation...and I enjoyed it!

At the end of it I reflected back on it and realised how I couldn't have done that 15 days in as you are... at least not without added effort.

What I'm saying is it will just click one day bud, and you'll thank yourself.

And yeah the gym will help a lot. It'll keep you busy.

Glad you're on the right path mate

yea it's really expensive to be an alcoholic here

>Asahi
Mental. I buy 660ml bottles of it for £1.39 where I live.

this should be al/ck/s theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=4E9ydw_aDMg

enjoyment instead of self pity. that's where it is!

Even 12 of the cheapest crap is like 26$ for 12. Pretty ridiculous.

$46-$56 for a case of 24x 330 ml Asahi Superdrys here. Rather just buy rum

Was 14 for 4. So more than 3 dollars.

I'd drink rum if I could. But I can't stand drinking straight and I always run out of mixer too early. One shot these days makes me puke. Used to be able to take shots when I was young though. I'm approaching 30 and my stomach isn't what it used to be.

what do YOU tend to eat when extremely dtunk?

i managed to get my partner drunk with me today, using beers into malibu/coke into fireball

is drinking together a good or bad thing

avey?

roasted peanuts
kinder buenos
if you both have a laugh and fug at the end then it can't be a band thing

hot dogs, sometimes. I'll drunkenly go to 7-11 and buy a couple and put lots of toppings on it. But usuall ythat's when I ran out of beer. I don't like to mess with my buzz.

Don't make it a habit because it'll make sober times less fun. Save it for a once in a while thing getting shit faced.

Whenever I drink now my neck/ throat seems to swell.

Am I dying?

We're all dying user

When I used to have friends, all we did was drink. Hanging out sober was boring af.

Need to stop.

Killed a bottle of gin sat night. Drank a 12 pack and some wine on Sunday. Mild withdrawals today but hollly fuck the anxiety and depersonalization were unreal today . felt like i was dead and terrified at the same time. Terror about nothing and everything at the same time.

Gonna really put some dry time together. This is gonna kill me.

Alcoholism isn't all bad. I'm in such a state that I genuinely fear nothing anymore, unless I'm in a state of withdrawal. In the last 18 months, I've randomly gone up to girls in the street and confidently spoken with them maybe 100 times. Three times, one of them being about 45 minutes ago, i've kind of…not so much asked, but told, those girls that they're coming home with me. Which they did. It's incredible how much confidence you have when you're afraid of nothing, not even death. As bleak as the world looks when you're an alcoholic, the world is a very different place. Everything is different.
Her name was Kim, married but not content. even got a 'selfie' of us in bed together. That was nice.

post it

alcohol and mental illness stole all my japanese knowledge. 今は日本語わかんあい ;___;

I'll have to photoshop a couple of things out first and I've only got my phone atm. I'll post it tomorrow if I can get to one of my computers.
Feeling so satisfied right now. I needed that. Really nice, slightly shy brunette gril who let me do what i wanted. Going to get addicted to trying this if I'm not careful, and one day end up back in jail because I hit on the wrong girl.

Nothing, tbqh.
Wh n I do eat though it'll be a fruit smoothie and maybe some Parma ham. Just easy, healthy, no nonsense, high calorie convenience food that I can shove in my face and forget about.

>Happy
Somehow this part is terrifying for me. I'm so used to numbing my feelings, feeling unfiltered raw joy is almost painful, and made me fall of the wagon more than once.

Oh wow. Was she someone you fancied?

>Mild withdrawals
>anxiety and depersonalization
Consider tapering next time.

Pro tip: No one's having fun there. The alcohol hides their crippling depression and desperate lonliness

The 16 year old next door looked really cute today. She was sitting on her porch. I almost told her how cute she was. I don't want to get beat up by her dad.

I haven't shit or pissed myself when drunk yet. I guess I'm not truly an alky yet.

I want to die

I've enjoyed time with a few 16yo girls. Legal here. Really nice physically but emotionally terrible. Ultimately not worth it. If I ever do decide that I want a relationship, which I doubt I will, she's gonna be in her late 20's.
Sex is massively over rated.

Bar people are total shit tho

>tfw probably going to secretly buy alcohol without gf's knowledge for the first time today
>tfw this act is also my rock bottom that will help wean me off drinking and keep it to once every week or two

Use the ol water bottle and vodka trick.

Get out of the house, pick up a case of water (you should have one in your car anyway for emergencies) and a bottle of vodka.

Empty the vodka bottle into the water bottles, put them in your trunk, and take one out every time you need a drink

You wouldn't believe the looks you get in a parking lot from filling up water bottles with a handle of vodka

Not sure the two are related

Thats good. Im sure your body could use a break

Nice, isnt it? Its like a vacation from the hellish existence of extended drinking.

Call the cops from a payphone and say one of them was waving a knife around

Ask a doc to let you try naltrexone. It takes away cravings for many users. You'll still experience boredom and loneliness, though.

hey al/ck/, you ever need to tell an old friend how you feel etc.? pls advice

I had an old friend do this while shitfaced. It was awkward. We don't talk about that night.

hey, good advice, I should've been more specific, this is troubles my friend is having re: disease and how to deal with it and I'm trying to figure my role in the whole mess

sorry if this is incoherent I had more than a couples

emotional heart-to-hearts while plastered is a common thing among my drinking group. It's a good thing.

I really fucking need to taper at this point but I can't. I either drink or don't Tapering just turns into blackout just like always. 10 years in and my w/d symptoms are getting really scary.

Just got this to celebrate dropping my summer course

my neck hurts

Sorry, rotated it but it still went horizontal for some reason

I just had one drink of wine and had significant increase in blood pressure. anyone have an idea why??

i think thats common for one or two drinks

I'm not nearly drunk enough right now. Wat do.

invest in bitcoin

I first bought bitcoin in 2011. Spent at today's value, 2 million quids worth. Now suicidal.

>fall in love with a woman with literal untreated Schizophrenia
>we break up
>I haven't even thought about drinking since then

Sure it's only been a few day, but i was a full blown alcoholic before this relationship and during. Has her craziness cured me?

folks over at /r/cripplingalcoholism are dropping like flies. 2 deaths in a few months

Don't drink for 2 days and all of a sudden I'm back to waking up with no memory, wondering why I'm asleep on top of the bed covers and cannot for the life of my find my underwear

I'm such a lightweight

Thank you for a real run-down.

I've been battling with the beast of booze for well over a decade. Can beat it 3 to 5 days in spurs, sometimes white knuckling and angry and others with a decent breeze and bushy tailed.

I noticed within myself heavy ass cramps / pains in abdomen around day 3. Feels like a shit cramped in ya, but it's not that.

I know I need to stop the boozing, but I always find myself slipping back on the sauce. Hearts out to y'all gunning to quit or battling this bitch

theres too many fucking women on that sub

Never been there myself so don't know what it's like, but what's wrong with women? Girls are absolutely lovely things. I would die to protect a gril I loved.

woman alcoholics are annoying to be around oh im a bored house wife my husband is a few states away for the weekend and I got a little tipsy haHA im such a freakin barfly and a mess!

I HATE THEM

both of those deaths were from opiates, although one of those people were going to be dead soon from alcohol anyway

people everywhere are dropping like flies from the all the fentanyl laced shit thats going around

Your role is emotional support.
It's not like you can heal your friend, best thing you can do is go to the doc with him for stressful exams or whatever, being OK when he feels like crap, this kind of things.

And obviously, being drunk makes people talk about stuff they usually keep hidden and/or random crap they wouldn't even think about when sober.

Maybe you saw the bottom of the pit without reaching it yourself. That's a good thing I guess.

Half this board is fem- nevermind, there's no girl on the internet.

i need to stop visiting /r/stopdrinking

if theres one way to ruin a stretch of sobriety its to go reading through posts on there

Normal faggot.

Dude, get out of here.

Normalshit here. My sister is an alcoholic and I swear all that AA, support group, etc shit makes her worse. I mean she ends up thinking about her childhood and listening to awful stories and - worst of all - is around a bunch of other drunks!

Don't speak so ubiquitously about women you fucking retard.

Speaking of women, going into my 30s I've noticed a fuckload of them are wine drunks here in America. No wonder they get fat.

Why would you ever even need some support group or AA or any of that garbage, if you can't fucking do it by yourself with no help you won't be able to with others help since it will stop one day and you will still be the same person, not having changed, so you will go back to drinking sooner or later