Physishits and other animals are welcome edition

Physishits and other animals are welcome edition.

What are you "studying" today?

Other urls found in this thread:

etherpad.net/p/math
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good thread!

I agree. Such a wonderful thread! I hope people here would like to discuss some physical intuitions?

>What are you "studying" today?

Computer Science, a subfield of mathematics.

Nice. I'm studying some Applied math today together with Physics.

Just calculus for quiz wish me luck guys

Assuming anything that is not proven (except axioms lol) cannot yield a proof. Any mathematician thinking otherwise is an idiot.

Bourbaki was a mistake

Official /mg/ notepad
etherpad.net/p/math

>math
Garbage. They don't use physical intuitions in math.

I'm having trouble constructing the real number line

Just use your physical intuitions, user.

dedekind cuts

Do they provide a good physical intuition?

No.

Fuck them then.

I'm studying Spanish. And prepping for a mock medical school interview. I'm doing a mock interview with someone who does interviews for my dream medical school.

I have no idea how to play this desu but let's see

Today I realized that I forgot why matrix algebra is the same thing as solving a system of linear equations

Me too. I'm studying Physics and Chemistry right now as well.

trying to find applications of toric topology to rank combinatorial problems and econ/stats. its in there, I just need to figure it out

Fuck off. We study Physics here.

Well, because it's not. Elemental operations can be constructed through matrix algebra, but the algebra has to do with linear transformations.

>algebra
Piss off. We study physical intuitions here.

Your meme is not funny.

We study physical intuitions and use them extensively, we don't use your so-called memes.

What's the cardinality of the set of zeros of the Riemann zeta function on the critical line? Hardy proved that there are infinitely many but does there have to only be countable infinitely many?

My physical intuition tells me it's 0.

Fuck physical intuition. I only care about mathematical intuition.

Fuck mathematical intuition. I only care about physical intuition.

Physical intuitions are truly the best tool to understand the garbage that is mathematics.

I have been studying Math & Physics in depth for the last weeks or so. It feels really nice understanding how the Universe works. It's a good feeling to learn. I feel it on my skin that Math is the language of the Universe. Things make more sense now, a lot of things. And I can see how everything began, how it will "end", why things are the way they are, it's something truly beautiful.

Sup, guys. Could you please recommend some combinatorics book, not too advanced?

I've been studying modal logic because I bought a logic book to learn basic predicate/quantificational logic but my book continues into other logic stuff after that and I don't want to not get my moneys worth.

I will probably read 'How To Prove It' or some other intro to proofs type book for math majors next to get more solid with basic set theory type stuff. After that I will probably try and pick up a 'real' math book.

I am pretty new to math and junk.

Why are there two math generals?

cuz math is SHIT

>but does there have to only be countable infinitely many?
There is a reasonably simple theorem from complex analysis that says if the zeros of an analytic function have a limit point then the function is zero everywhere.
Zeta is analytic by construction but not zero, so it cannot have an uncountable set of zeros.