Math and Science study skills

Well uni is about to start so I wanted to make a thread to share study skills for STEM majors. One thing I'm definitely going to do different this semester is make a to do list. A friend told me it made him procrastinate a lot less.

I'm also interested. I'll be starting my master's after the summer break, and I truly do plan to not procrastinate, do my coursework in time, and start studying on time. But I've had those plans many times before and never kept them.
One thing that helps obviously is to not visit Veeky Forums and other useless websites. I have to very consciously suppress the impulse to just type ctrl-T Veeky Forums but I'm getting there.

I would respond to your question but I'm having an autistic fit over that image.

>not considering the orthogonal projections of a cylinder before talking
fucking pig.

That orange shadow is wrong as fuck holy shit OP confirmed to be a retard of titanic proportions.

if a cylinder is a circle to you it is not "truth" but a product of your mental disabilities

>When you're a pretentious faux-intellect, but you can't even into preschool geometry.

i was so surprised by how many people on my course struggled with basic geometry

Timmy didn't play with blocks enough.
This is why you should spare no expense and buy your child as much Lego as physically possible to store.

duplo then k'nex then paper airplanes for me

That's a good selection, I also had Meccano and K'nex.

I had duplo, lego, k'nex, technic lego, meccano (both metal and plastic), and then some other weird shit that noone's ever heard of.

As you can see OP, the majority of those who replied to your thread are unable to function normally and are thus incapable of recommending any studying techniques. As a side note, as abnormal functionality/being a loser tends to go hand-in-hand with this sort of thing, any adult who frequents the likes of slant cartoons ("anime") should seek other means to fill the gaping void their neglectful parents left them, and realize the only reason they consider themselves "not normies"or "autistic" is because math/science is an attempt to achieve the aforementioned solace. You're not smart, you're just sad. You're not autistic, you just feel comfortable telling yourself you're different. You're not important, you just need love, which you will never get because you're just another fucking loser. (Non-coincidentally, these are the same people who ruin /mg/)

In response to your question OP, I tend to set goals for myself based on textbook pages. I read X amount of pages of this textbook a week. A page of problems counts as a page done (obviously you don't need to do all the problems on a page, just enough to feel confident). I did it this summer with my math subjects and it worked very well, as it's difficult to stick to a rigorous schedule when you're studying so many subjects.

am brainlet, can someone explain why is this wrong?

why what is wrong?

its a graphical representation of the complex plane in 4 dimensions user its true as imaginary numbers are real

>complex numbers

arent they just ordered pairs of reals with a different binary operation?

I don't understand the point of this thread?

Is this image basically saying science is shit?

>if a cylinder is a circle to you it is not "truth"
that's not what the image is saying, brainlet

It's a statement about looking at things from more than one perspective. The word "true" just isn't the best-fitting word when it comes to subjectivity.

Its not wrong. its the projection of the cylinder onto orthogonal two dimensional subspaces of 3 space.

Depends if you are talking in group or ring theory, or if they are the members of an algebra, etc.