Infrarealism (Infrarealismo)

I read Bolano's savage detectives and it sparked my interest for infrarealism movement (a small part of mexican avantgarda) and I can't stop reading about it. Savage detectives is about infrarealism after all.

However, I don't speak spanish and english resources on the web are very limited (Papasquiaro's Advice from 1 Marx disciple to 1 Heidegger fanatic and Papasquiaro and Bolano manifestos). Anybody knows any articles, poems, whatever about infrarealismo or from it in english? For example Anaya's infrarealist manifesto?

I already read all Bolano's published novels and some short stories, but that was neither poetry nor infrarealism.

Bolano's infrarealist manifesto:
altarpiece.blogspot.si/2009/06/first-infrarealist-manifesto-english.html

Papasquiaro's manifesto: altarpiece.blogspot.si/2013/04/infrarealist-manifesto-mario-santiago.html

Some Bolano's poems:
bombmagazine.org/article/4864/16-poems

Also Infrarealism discussion thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrarrealismo
circulodepoesia.com/2013/08/jose-vicente-anaya-manifiesto-infrarrealista-de-1975/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reading about it in the spanish wikipedia, and yeah, looks like The Savage Detectives is detailing this shit:
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrarrealismo

Bunch of pretentious, retarded, marxist faggots with fuck all talent for anything but self-fellating alright. Though then again, that applies to pretty much all postmodernism.

Anyway, try to see if you can understand the spanish wikipedia version. If you are having issues with any section, paste a paragraph and I'll translate it for you.

I am google translating through it right now. I would kill for translation of Anaya manifesto though, I can't even find the original.

Well yeah, but they aren't as self-fellating as joyce. I guess infrarealism is like a stoned shizophreniac dream, yet not without symbolism and substance.

Here's Anaya's manifesto in spanish.
circulodepoesia.com/2013/08/jose-vicente-anaya-manifiesto-infrarrealista-de-1975/

... I guess, sure. I can translate it. Give me half an hour or so. Though just by glancing over it, man, am I cringing. But yeah, translating. Be back soon.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

The best and only worth reading infrarealist poetry is in some pages of 2666, in the prose itself
Everything else is shit.

np. Have the first part, and tell me this self-fellating is worse than Joyce's.

Infrarrealist manifesto (1975)
For an art of limitless vitality

Beauty and art

Beauty constructed in the present with senile justifications has been born irreparably dead, and finds itself in an environment of borguoise celebrity that turns it into an object that is nothing but sumptuary.

That beauty has been asphyxiated between its numerous ornaments: extensive disertations about the purity of the forms, theories about the color or the "good" or "bad" words that have nothing to do with the human being, innumerable panegyrics for the vacuous artists, limited editions of poetry with the author's signature in every copy, confused cultism with bookish information such that computers die of envy.

And with this lady's death, every production of complicit pseudoart has been affected. Never had been given so many artists and critics whom cowardice claims for the old time of the present, and who throw themselves desperately over the skull of beauty to give some makeup touches, whom supposed quality is testified by the gloomy cubicles of the academies, or have hung from it some artifacts from the Morlock jewelry...

Considering what has been said, we refuse to follow the institutional game of the "CUL - isn't cul a prefix of french origin? - TURE" that implies the theory and practice of the academicist grupuscles and reductionist sects that struggle en the editorial power and that with its schemes boast an absolute correction over what "beauty must be".

And we don't say that "beauty must be" but that BEAUTY IS, EXISTING IN THE PRESENT, is in life itself without restrictions, without a priori schemes, boundless, and due to all dis, INDEPENDENT from the institutions and outside the fogey counsels and the anathematizing epigones.

(cont. Give me another few minutes for the second part)

a lot worse than ulikses, not nearly close to finnegan I guess. I think most of them had this "if i use big words they will think i am smart" mentality. At least they are ridiculously quotable for that.

Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake fellate the language. This is fellating the author, kinda saying "fuck those who don't publish me. They don't understand. They're shit", and then going on to say "you shouldn't say an artist is shit". Anyway, part 2:

Present situation.

This is the gravity of our century: PEOPLE ARE SICKER OF SANITY AND REASONABLENESS.

All the conformists suffer from sanity and reasonableness.

Sanity and reasonableness destroy the human being's imagination and reduce it to an objectual plane in which he stays daily reproducing a miserable life; the individual is crushed by his own impotence and conformism to do anything:

- the hungry let bread pass in front of their noses;
- the artists thing that art ends when their work gets published or exposed;
- the lovers refuse to adventure looking for new responses to love;
- the "thinkers" dedicate all their time to look for epithets which denigrate their detractors;
- the political currents consider themselves "Demiurges" with their immediatist, apraxic theories before social reality;
- and a million-per-second of other etceteras.

Our contemporaries in the current times treat themselves as reified beings. The individuals abandon themselves to a passive self-complacency looking for a tranquility that will never exist, being that the human being will always be the product of internalized and historical struggles that include all of society... The majority of people find refuge in the ideologyzation and abandon themselves to those who take the most precious the individual possesses: HIS HUMANITY... Just by assuming themselves can the individuals break in practice every manipulative system that tries to "regulate" their life. Every human being that holds himself in esteem would oppose every extreme control, no matter where it comes from: religion, "science", political party, State, psychiatrist, psychology, psychoanalysis, etc.

(cont. Should be done in 2 or 3 parts more. Maybe 4, but I doubt it)

would infrarealists approve snorting lines off their works?

Some of their criticism of other authors was justified though. Octavio Paz and remainder of mainstream were really government's bitches.

Their egos were still brobdingnagian though.

>1.6k characters translated
>mh... this next one looks huge, but it might fit. Let's translate it too while we're at it
>2.9k characters
Well, fuck.

They're spics. What do you think?

The whole thing just screams "hypocrite" and "typical twentysomething liberal arts hipster" to me.

Anyway, part 3:
The individuals who reduce life to its own simplicity and pragmatism don't see beyond the artificial walls that they themselves have raised, this is one of the ways in which creative imagination is murdered, without considering this imagination is another prerogative to the person's humanity. For everything said, the artists with no limits are necessary in times of misery like the present.

WE MUST BREAK ALL OF OUR NERVES because they are already worn out, totally useless, insensible, and only keep us in a degrading situation in which all of our act lose sense of what's human.

THE KINGDOM OF HAPPINESS IS HERE AND NOW in every individual that performs a human praxis in which subject/object, masculine/feminine, negative/positive, good/bad are recognized; praxis in she who loves and fights, where creating yourself means make and unmake oneself in a vital essence...

We must act in every possible front and impossible of human life. EVERY ABSOLUTE AND HYPOSTATIZED REDEMPTION IS FALSE.

Infrarrealism and infrarrealists

Infrarrealism is the spontaneous and unexpected apparition of the determining key that assaults and destroys all the rules that constrict and delay the human being and his manifestations. Like this, infrarrealism is the contingency that deals with the meanings and changes that can never be predicted by rationality or even with help of tonnes of precision equipment. Infrarrealism is here, it penetrates everything and travels in the vehicle of the immediate.

(cont...)

Fair enough, but back then it took guts to be typical twentysomething liberal arts hipster.

Not only in china did goverments attack unis.

I'm posting that one big paragraph as part 4. I'm having lunch with my family right now though, so I'll leave the rest for later. Just keep this shit bumped for an hour or so.

So yeah, part 4 (right before the list of clauses at the end):
To be an infrarrealist you must live from now on in the galaxies of the black holes which means to be in life itself that behaves and expresses itself like this galaxies, where the extraordinary happens daily, the impossible is possible and the acts influence unexpected marvels. These galaxies are seen by the eyes that capture the astounding, are touched by the hands that capture delicacies and delight desplacing themselve over the living texture of human bodies; they are visible through the movements that fight for freedom, they are a dance in the stars; they are perceived by the courage of living, no matter what, every instant authentically; they find themselves in all the individual and social combatants that create the matamorphoses of human life; they can be heard in all voices, musics, grunts, songs, sounds that are configured in the roads of the longing souls; they are hallucinated in the true minds that penetrate the impenetrable with art. Who look for them, enter suck galaxies; the immediate name with which they are designed is not important, given that these names are but multiple ways to name HUMATIZATION that make the individual a complete being.

Veeky Forums is so fast these days? last time i was there one bump per day was enough.

Shameless bump with bolano's poem

44. I dreamt I was translating the Marquis de Sade
with axe blows. I’d gone crazy and was living in the
woods.

Part 5. Last part next post:

- Infrarrealism is the multitude of strings that helped topple statues of oppressors like Peter the Tsar or Stalin..
- Infrarrealism is the gun of Sergei Esenine which shoots recited his poem for the United States.
- Infrarrealism is a mandarine orange which husk is pealed with teeth while you keep on savoring.
- Gerard de Nerval is infrarrealist walking through the streets of Paris while pulling a lobster with a cord.
- An infrarrealist act is Don Quixote de la Mancha knocking over the phony Knight of Mirrors.
- Infrarrealism sings and grunts, is afraid and is brave, loves and hates, learns and unlearns, wins and loses, gets composed and decomposed, gets afflicted and calms down, laughs and cries, approves and disapproves, but it is always moved with its contradictions, for good or ill.
- Infrarrealism has no actions in factories or banking institutions and, for this reason, doesn't grieve when workers go on strike or banks get heisted.
- Infrarrealism loves with no reservations and doesn't believe in marriage. It likes to be adventurous in everything and thinks that things aren't made but are being made (it even thinks that many things are badly done).
- Infrarrealism mocks capitalist alternatives that are alwasy "coke or pepsi?"
- Infrarrealism sticks the tongue out to etiquette, it dies out laughter in the conferences of the well-read, breaths outdoors and has no mom or dad and is androgynous.
- Infrarrealism believes the so-called "job of a writer" in an invention by the littérateurs that have wanted to live from art, which means an improper commerce of life.

Sixth and last part. I want anyone who agrees with them sterilized:

- Infrarrealism is epicurean, sodomite, hereclitian, hedonist, narcissist, kantian, hegelian, marxist, anarquist, metaphysical, pataphysical, utopic, existentialist; symultaneously all of this and nothing at the same time; but it rejects the de il corpore reproduction of fascist sects.
- Infrarrealism is not a sect of any kind, nor does it distribute memberships or ticket and it does not select its members by any mechanism of majorities or minorities because to be infrarrealist is enough to be infrarrealist.
- The group of infrarrealist poets does not have statutes or rules of conduct, given that we form a nongroup group.
- To the infrarrealism, sorry is better than safe.

INFRARREALISM EXISTS AND DOESN'T EXIST

Oh, and let's add a copyright:

This translation is in the public domain. I don't give a shit if anyone uses it for whatever the fuck anyone wants to use it. I myself will only use it to laugh at the guy who wrote the original manifesto in spanish, and those who ascribed to it.

Thank you, I can't afford sterilization due to living in capitalist hellhole.

np.

If you need anything else translated, take the chance while I'm here. For now though, But not for at least half an hour, because I'm off to watch today's batch of japanese late-night variety.