The results of my IQ exam are in

The results of my IQ exam are in.
I'm literally shaking, Veeky Forums.

Do I really want to know my IQ?

I feel like as soon as I know my score my fate will be sealed.
If I score a mediocre 110 I won't ever again feel like putting effort in anything because a 150 IQ supergenius can easily surpass me with half the effort
I don't want my whole fate decided by this score.

Is this what cancer patients feel like before knowing the results of their test results?
Is ignorance bliss or is knowledge power?

I don't want to open this letter, I don't want to know my score, I don't want anything to do with this damned exam. I never should have taken it in the first place, I have nothing to prove to myself. I don't want some idiot puzzles score to define who I am, but at the same time not knowing is driving me insane, the decide my fate.

What should I do, Veeky Forums?

tl;dr: I'm scared shitless to know my IQ.

Other urls found in this thread:

test.mensa.no/
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5513aq/serious_what_is_a_great_career_path_that_kids_in/
investor.vanguard.com/etf/list#/etf/asset-class/month-end-returns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just open it, you stupid cunt.

Do it

Dude it doesn't fucking matter. You aren't any different than you were before you took the test. The only thing that you will change is your self confidence which may actually be an important factor for you. It doesn't decide shit about your fate, you do and if you think it does it's only because you are letting it.

I know it sounds cheesy, but don't let a single point on a graph define you. There are no good outcomes to knowing your IQ. You either become depressed or smug as fuck.
Also this

inb4 sub-100

I have......... 106 IQ wih 15 points of deviation...
I'm not gifted, i'm not a fenius.
I'm just fucking average.

My whole life I thought I was special, I thought I would contribute great things to the world, but now it's all over. Why should I even bother? I have the same IQ as a buthcer, the same IQ as a street sweeper. I'm no genius.

This is horrible.
I'm just fucking average, this is the worst possible result

I never should have opened it.

You took the test, which means you lack confidence and need validation, not a good predictors.

You're 102% faggot with a 2% margin of error.

Fuck now I'm afraid to take a standardized test.

What the fuck why the fuck is everyone suddenly obsessed with IQ? It has always been kind-of bad on here, but lately the board has just been exploding with brainlets talking about their IQ.

I don't know man, I think it's just the summerfags settling in before being shooed from the nest again by highschool.

News flash, everyone is average at most things. What makes someone above average or amazing is putting in enough work to make your eyes bleed and then an extra 5% more. Work hard do what you do.

Also if you want to increase IQ there is a bunch of ways from learning a new instrument to mastering a new language. Easiest way is to take IQ tests because each time you take it the higher your IQ becomes.

So you were an arrogant cunt, basically.
Opening the letter was a good thing, you needed the wake-up call

Out of curiosity, how successful have you been, academically speaking?

Wow dude you're really letting a number bother you on an existential level? IQ comes down to luck, just like how some people are born wealthy some are born stronger etc. Sure you might have to work harder to accomplish things than other people, but you still accomplished the same thing.

> Easiest way is to take IQ tests because each time you take it the higher your IQ becomes.
Does this means I get smarter with each IQ test?

Could I become smarter than Einstein if I practiced IQ tests for 5 years?

I have an undergrad in CS.

I gave a few presentation in class.

>Einstein
>Smart
Brainlet detected

Well, I have the perfect board for you kiddo >>/pol/ you will blend perfectly with the other tards.

You're overthinking this. You can take the test again and do better because there are more variables at play than your fixed aptitudes and an infallible test. Get a grip, kiddo.

Do you attend a good university? Did you graduate from high school with honors? Have you ever been #1 of your class?

No. It means the IQ test is dumb and repeating it has no real effect on actual intelligence in an individual.

/pol/'s IQ is actually one of the highest in Veeky Forums.

>Do you attend a good university?
No...
>Did you graduate from high school with honors?
No...
>Have you ever been #1 of your class?
No...

I get it, I'm a fucking loser...

/pol/'s pumped up self-image is actually one of the highest on Veeky Forums

I've done all of these things. The more you achieve, the more looming the shadow of expectation and fear of failure becomes.

Practicing tests improves pattern recognition, so you do get smarter

o o f

what if you were almost held back a grade in high school, but graduated with honors from a middling university?

>My whole life I thought I was special, I thought I would contribute great things to the world
Congratulations, you've just entered the real world. Realize that you aren't some prodigy and find a real and achievable goal that you can work to. Your whole life you've been able to ask yourself if you really wanted to pursue your dreams because you thought you were too good for basic happiness, you could do better. Now you know you can't. Now you know that there is no great and brilliant story waiting for you, just your own choices and your own actions. You've lost your freedom, but you've gained your future. A future that isn't drifting in the clouds, but lays before you and in your reach.
Go, user. Live your life.

Graduating with honors from college is an achievement, unless you were in biology.

not hard when you go to public college. you just have to try a little harder than everyone else.

>I have......... 106 IQ

That's pretty bad.

you're a brainlet

That's really good.

No you'r'e

>106IQ

That's lower than the average IQ of the average university graduate.

Pretty bad if you want to do science stuff.

>CS

CS is the brainlet field of the STEM world; been saying it for ages

Same. Then you go to your first Ph.D meeting with the advisor and mean some real brainheads and suddenly you realise that despite getting this far you are still nothing in comparison to these walking brains.

A person like OP will never even be able to comprehend how smart some people are.

Nothing left to do now but become an engineer now...

We will be taking back your wizard hat and labcoat....

take iqtest.dk or test.mensa.no/ and post results so we can get a sense of how accurate these mensa online tests are

I wouldn't care for an IQ test. I'm me, I can't change the potential I was born with. My sole regret in this regard is not studying math more and applying for a math major just to see if I'd see the world in a different perspective. I've seen and befriended a literal genius in high school and I've seen my intellectual wall there and then. If I apply myself I know in my heart I can be better than average, I love solving problems thrown at me at every step of my life. That's nurture, because I can't change nature.

Are you still here OP? You know that if you take a test under a lot of stress, you are likely to score lower than you would when calm. I'd imagine that you have such an obsession with IQ that the neurosis actually causes to score lower by the default. People like you always seem to think that a 3 digit number is all it takes to represent your ease of success in life. Literally no one knows your IQ if you don't tell them, it also depends on what test you took and if you gotten enough rest. Because of your obsession with a score that you assume will define your intellectual ability, you will put less effort in improving your interpersonal skills. This is fact.
Do not continue this way of thinking or you will be self-loathing for the rest of your life. If you lack motivation, maybe work on your current obstacles or just talk to someone. Even me if you'd like. We might be able to help each other out.

I know this feeling all too well. It's a very humbling experience.

I came from places where I was easily the smartest person in the room to where I was easily the dumbest person on the campus. It's quite humbling.

I'm not OP but I just took this
the score is pretty much what I expected, love the number relationship by the way 1 2 3. I want to get officially tested because these evaluations cant be super accurate.

this is a good response OP listen to him

I scored 144 on that test and I know for a fact my IQ isn't above 135. I wouldn't trust that test too much.

I sat the Stanford Binet test a few years back and got 151. AMA

>My whole life I thought I was special, I thought I would contribute great things to the world

These sound very much like lines your mummy has taught you to parrot. Am I correct?

I thought I was merely 130, but it looks like I might achieve something in my life.

I lost!
muh sides be astronomical

You sound like a douche.

>and I know for a fact my IQ isn't above 135
What makes you say that?

If you think your ability to put some fucking shapes in boxes is any indication of how smart you are, you probably are retarded.

t. 95 IQ

What test did you take?

If one were to take IQ tests everyday for an entire year, they would eventually figure it out, that is, they would eventually figure out how to deduce to the arbitrary right answer/answers most of the time. That's what makes the test dumb. It doesn't test your aptitude or intuition- it only tests your ability to think like a headass.

Yes but why do child prodigies do so well on them without receiving any practice at all?

brainlet status confirmed

I know that feel, going from being the best without doing anything when young to being the worst while trying as hard as a chinese with an expiring visa is really a life changing experience.

Everyone should get this face slapping.

IQ is...pointless.

You can't measure intelligence in a number, there's too many variables. And even if a single test could, there's too many things to factor in while taking the test:
i.e. are they sleep deprived, have they eaten today, have they spent the last 3 months binging on alcohol

and once you do know your IQ why would it matter. It is only relevant in rare weird backwards legal issues.

OP, did you take the SAT or GRE? What did you score on them?

Regardless of your score, you are a brainlet by thinking that way

How could you not know that you were average? Have you never taken a standardized test before?

t. sub 115 iq

IQ is all bullshit and is by no means a replacement for real (intellectual skill), math mastery, chess mastery, writing mastery, ability to learn etc.

My father got his IQ tested In his mid 20s and scored at 164. He went on to get fired from his construction job, write shitty "poetry" about his loveless marriage, contract type 2 diabetes, and get addicted to heroin. He died 4 years ago to an overdose. His father was a genius who graduated as valedictorian in highschool and dropped out of an ivy league university to pursue his dreams of losing his fucking mind. The other side of my family is equally if not more intelligent and definitely more respectable, but I don't know any of them to be incredibly successful.

The point I'm trying to make, is that IQ, Grades, Tests, Etc determine only the tiniest slice of something as broad as General intelligence.

It's OK guys, you can still do great things despite being the dumbest person in the room.

You're still objectively very smart.

Being slowpoke in a room full of 150IQ people, isn't so bad.

brainlets usually have delusions of grandeur
the warning signs were there

106? I took a MENSA IQ test at 13 and got 108. How dumb are you?

In all seriousness, IQ means jack shit. Its all about perseverance in this life mate.

dont be too hard on yourself. This thing changes with time, I did 2 IQ tests, one after highschool when I was 18 and another one a few months ago (I'm 32).
In 14 years my IQ increased by 15 points

IQ is based on what age you are. If you got a 108 IQ back then you probably have a 108 IQ now

Meh... got pretty hard after question 30.

useless because i'm still an undegraduate and have already met people that are so much smarter than me, they can hardly be considered the same species i am.
And even those people are much slower than terrence tao was at 12 years old when he won gold at the IMO.

Some people can just take the test better. I am the exact opposite. I seriously can't put the blocks in order. I just can't. I think thats because my parents would never let me solve Jigsaw puzzles when I was little for fear that I would find a way to choke myself. Whatever the cause is, my problem solving skills are non-existent.

You can AMA about my academic performance.

What's your major and what's your highest academic degree ? Are you a woman ? lmao

For my undergraduate, I was an Arabic and Chemical Engineering dual major, and I just got my M.E in Metallurgical Engineering.

I am male.

desu i had similar experiences throught k-12 school where you get those retarded questions that have 3 values of some kind and they want you to list the next one or some other permutation of the same question. My brain just spins when i see something like that with the literally infinite number of possible solutions. 25 now and just finished my phd at an ivy school

You have to ask yourself this question OP: who designs IQ tests?

eh, you can usually infer the correct answer by running the pattern through multiple possible formations in your head. Look for the particulars that appear constant and keep testing them until you find the answer most likely to follow. I didn't need to practice this, this is just how I think. I tend to score high on IQ tests. No, they do not say everything about intelligence, but they do give a good indication of whether or not you should expect to see proficient results from person x who took the test, in regards to logical practices like math.

You're not merely putting blocks in order... You're identifying similarities within symbols and inferring their movement from the previous pictures. That test you scored a 91 on is very easy- for example, most answers work in a counter-clockwise or clockwise fashion, with an addition or subtraction of parts that overlap, etc. etc.
It doesn't always appear from childhood subjection; I wasn't rigorously trained to spot patterns in numbers, objects, formulas, etc., and rarely did I complete puzzles or other mental exercises. I was interested in music and video games for most of the time, and never did I study- yet I always test high on both these pattern recognition tests, and in school.

My q's for you.
Are you usually the top of your class?
How often do you study?
How well does your memory function?
what do you score on tests that don't rely on patterns?

Were you sleep deprived and/or hungover on the day of your test?

>I wasn't rigorously trained to spot patterns in numbers, objects, formulas, etc., and rarely did I complete puzzles or other mental exercises. I was interested in music and video games for most of the time, and never did I study- yet I always test high on both these pattern recognition tests, and in school.

ive had the exact same experience so far

meant for

Being a good crammer and test taking monkey just means you're a good academic, not that you're particularly brilliant.

I have to constantly study and review stuff or else I forget it. I have the memory of a goldfish. Other than that, I have done pretty well through school. Above average definitely. That mainly has to do with how well I do on tests where you can study. I guess I'll just say I studied a lot.

No

Gosh I screwed the responses. I think you guys will figure it out.

Yeah, the brilliant ones are placed in the british fund of mums, carefully regulated, sprinkling money everywhere but at them to steer them where the overlords want them.

An IQ isn't a determining factor on your work ethic. I've seen geniuses fail classes because they have a shitty work ethic and dumbasses pass classes because they worked hard to understand the material.

With this being said, I don't place much emphasis on IQ levels. I'd rather have a hard worker who defies the odds work for me than a "lazy genius" who doesn't give a shit.

I've got between 115 and 125 on numerous tests, "legit" tests.
>I always do tests with many months window
Two days ago I got 110 on iqtest.dk.
Was a bit depressing, but I did do it 2AM after a pretty "long day".
The weird thing is that I have insane episodic memory. Like easily recall most of what I someone else did on a random day, what they said, what their clothes looked like.
As a teen a psychologist tested and confirmed that my memory was Better than "above average memory". They even used the words "photographic" and "eidetic" memory, in quotation marks.

One of the things I did was when you look at a "figure" with a shit ton of lines circles and dots.
After looking at it for a min, I copied it "near perfectly", three times under an hour, then repeat it a day or two afterwards (without ever looking at the original figure again) .
Think it was: Delayed and Immediate recall of Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figures, among other things

So I don't know how you can have genius level visual memory but "just" be above average IQ.

>taking online tests
Even if it's mensa online, are these supposed to be reliable? I could care less about my IQ, but the first time I took mensa.no I got a score of 130. Pretty sure I would score one standard deviation below that, maybe even two on a real iq test.

Yeah but it's not about you but your overlords. Big oil guy or whoever yours is aint gonna be happy if a smartie slips out of your grasp.

I might be the same, or average. But, are these even that reliable?
See

I'd say "any" test that doesn't ask anything from you is pretty legit to get an idea on where you would place with +/- a number of points.
But real test are over an hour and more than just "one" test.

130 is more common than people think.

>130 is more common than people think.
So, if I were to take a real test, I could expect to land within one standard deviation above or below? What would be considered "gifted"?

Hard work and no talent always beat talent and no hard work. Working hard will get you far, IQ is only a hard limiter for the top fields. You can achieve much and be happy with an average IQ

I would call my memory gifted.
I would call a retarded that can play a song after hearing it once, as gifted.
You can have insane verbal IQ but blind for pattern recognition.
Genius is apparently 160+

I'm only one SD over average, but pretty logical and open to stuff.
While someone gifted at 150 can be a the most obstinate cunt in the world who never changes their mind.

Hahaha, no. But it is a nice lie as it makes people feel better about themselves.

user, IQ isn't everything, this sounds like a cliche but I've gotten IQ scores around 160, PhD in physics, and yet I am stuck in a low paying academic job, with few prospects of moving upwards.

You sound young so let me tell you what I wish someone had told me - find a job that is bearable (see below), and lets you save $1000/month living frugally. If you put that into a Vanguard ETF (see below), thanks to compound interest you could have a million dollars saved in 15-20 years. In the meantime, do your 9-5, and follow your interests.

Jobs that don't need a college degree:
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5513aq/serious_what_is_a_great_career_path_that_kids_in/

Vanguard ETFs:
investor.vanguard.com/etf/list#/etf/asset-class/month-end-returns

Seriously, getting to a position where you contribute great things is impossible for almost everyone. The only thing I like about my job is the subject matter itself. To make a meaningful impact being high IQ isn't enough - that's just the entry requirement for my field. You also have to work your ass off, be lucky in picking your subject (hard to figure out what will be in science fashion 10 years from when you choose your PhD subject), put up with stifling academic political correctness, put up with autistic cunts, all for shit pay and a high risk of failure.

If I had begun saving money from a reasonable job, I could be a millionaire and retired by now and free to do whatever the hell I want.

This is correct, and why I am in Poland drinking beer instead of in anyones employ even though i have double uni degrees and 6 craploads worth of IQ.

iqtest.dk doesn't work for me. Anyone know why? For some reason the file won't apply to the website.