GOODREADS SUPPORTS REREADS NOW

GOODREADS SUPPORTS REREADS NOW

THIS SITE JUST GOT A LOT MORE HARDCORE

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/user/show/27498265-tyler
goodreads.com/gmjf3d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Hey everyone look at what I am reading. See how cultured and intelligent I am. This is totally not self-aggrandizing in any way.

Yes, Robinson Crusoe, truly the grail of the cultured and intelligent.

Yes.

i use it for the recommendation algorithm. its how i found most of my stuff before i came here.

>implying i'm not terrified someone will see my lists
i just like having my books counted for me

I consider goodreads to be counter-productive. I don't want to conflate literature with stats, goals, ratings, and other stupid. I also don't want to remember books just for the sake of it. If I've forgotten a book, it wasn't good enough to be remembered.

ITT post Goodreads accounts!

goodreads.com/user/show/27498265-tyler

no bully pls. Send me a friend request

"I just love it so much I HAD to reread it! I have such a love for books that I could consume them over and over, I can't help myself!"

>f I've forgotten a book, it wasn't good enough to be remembered.
that's not how memory works, helen

Can you rank differently for each read? Say you like a book, give 5/5, then find flaws the second time round - can you change to 4/5 while keeping the record of what you thought before?

I don't think that's possible. You can only relegate that kind of knowledge to the "private notes" section, it seems.

goodreads.com/gmjf3d

Hey retards, Goodreads is what you make of it. Some use it for the recommendations, some for the Facebook shit, some to keep track of what their friends are reading.

I use it to log what I have read and keep a list of what I want to read. Think of it as a Netflix queue. I use Goodreads instead of something like excel because I'm not autistic and I want to be able to access it from anywhere.

Why does Allie like Harry Potter so much?

It's about time
This isn't even horribly difficult from a database standpoint
What a kludge it's been keeping track of rereads up to this point

Oh but then
>be me
>go back to goodreads to check this out
>It's Romance Week on Goodreads
>horrible 14-word (get it?) Valentines-Day flash fiction from ostensible published authors
>I'm reading [can't be bothered to remember it coming back to this tab], so steamy

I still like the site for keeping track of my reading, which sucks less now, and for finding other titles, which these days is better than Veeky Forums sadly
>I'm currently reading Fifty Shits Darker
>my recommendation for Valentine's reading: The Necrophiliac

If you've forgotten a book it's because your brain decided it wasn't relevant to your current life situation. Good doesn't factor in it too strongly. You'll find out about these things when you're old enough.

This desu

>The Necrophiliac
kek

There needs to be a thread were we come up with racy Kindle romance novel titles.

It's a transparent appeal to the more vain elements of goodreads (showing people that your star rating is more credible because *you've* read the book 5 times, and also a little digital badge representing your alleged passion for certain books), but there are definitely worse things about the site than this.

Does it get shown next to reviews? I haven't seen it appear yet.

>If you've forgotten a book it's because your brain decided it wasn't relevant to your current life situation
I'm 27 now and I remember some pointless moments from when I was 6. How 'relevant' are these to my current life situation, again?
Our brain is trained to remember unique situtations foremost, if something truly impresses you, you won't ever forget it even if it was entirely meaningless.

If you create a shelf with like 10 latin american novels from the 70s, or 15 19th century british novels that you like, the recommendation engine really shines

lel don't know how I cut up my greentext like that

Is anyone here on LibraryThing? is the community, etc better there? The limit on books entered has been a barrier for me to trying it out