Greatest scientist?

Who do you think is the greatest scientist in history? Which one do you think contributed the most to the world?

My choice is Dr. Werner Von Braun.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My choice is my advisor

Dr. von Braun is one of the most underrated scientists ever in my humble opinion.

What a shame.

Elon Musk

Go back and stay back

Is von braun like a more legit tesla meme? Like I know he waa important for NASA or whatever but how important? Have heard someone say his designs havent been bested yet

He literally got us to the moon and back. Greatest scientific achievement of mankind. So yeah, he's kinda a big deal.

Was it purely his work that made it possible? Or was he just the ringleader?

youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro

Von Braun didn't really make any amazing breakthroughs on his own, I think he was more of an ideas guy who was great at getting shit done. Other people worked on the specifics on how it was going to get done.

I think Newton, or Curie.

weak bait

Von Braun is overrated, he just had a much higher budget than anyone else, first from the Nazis where he had a literal slave army to make the rockets, then from Nasa where he had the budget of the richest country in the world.

His opponents in the USSR didn't even have the budget to test fire rockets before launching them.

Von Braun was not a scientist, but he was a damn good engineer.

Debatable I suppose. Rocketry and the work it takes behind it could definitely be considered a science by some.

obviusly neuman, or erdős

Of course other people were involved, but someone who dreamed it, conceptualized it, made it, tested it, and made it successful would definitely be able to take the credit for it in my opinion.

I think Von Braun would have pursued rocketry regardless if there was a space race with the USSR. I don't think the Soviet program really mattered to him. He would have tried to have done it anyway.

I love the pic of him with the sunglasses. He's giving zero fucks.

Mrs. Haber...