How the fuck is being a pink tall bird that's easily visible to predators beneficial evolutionarily?

How the fuck is being a pink tall bird that's easily visible to predators beneficial evolutionarily?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_selection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would you eat something pink?

Yes, I eat salmon.

Animals can't see colour, they can only see movement.

They live in rly big groups so if one of em spots a predator they all fly up. Also the pinkness is just a coincidence (since they eat shrimp or something).

its what they eat that makes them pink

Humans are animals.

>I get my scientific facts from Hollywood films.

Depends on the animal. Many do have color vision.

contrary to belief, "colour blindness" in animals is actually mainly in mammals. its a mammalian invention. apes just got it back.

Natural selection isnt the only selective force, and in fact its way over rated. Sexual selection is the dominant evolutionary force for many species, and under sexual selection, lots of weird things can be selected for so long as they optimize mating and are a mate choice equilibrium, even if it comes at the cost of survival.

Think of it like this, what if girls are into something weird like dudes with one arm. Then if you have two arms, no girl will fuck you, and it doesnt matter how much better two arms are for survival. Sexual selection would select for men who less than optimized for survival. You might counter that guys with one arm wont survive as well, and you would be right, but if the survival penalty is sufficiently weak, and the sexual pay off is sufficiently large, then sexual selection can rule over a species evolution.

This is why women have big boobs and butts. There is no way that helps their survival. Its just sexual selection. Even human behavior and intelligence is largely the product of sexual selection. Intelligence wasnt selected for because it helps us survive. You dont need a massive computer organ that consumes 30% of your energy to survive in an environment that revolves around picking berries. You do need a massive brain in a sexual environment where women just wont fuck brainlets, and enjoy men who can come up with weird fun ideas. Civilization is a by-product.

flamingos have little natural predators, and those they do have are not really affected by their color (eagles and crocodiles)

Has anyone ever eaten flamingo? I bet they taste of prawn cocktail crisps

How is pink a color?!

>This is why women have big boobs and butts. There is no way that helps their survival.
This is flatly false. Women have a higher fat % for childbearing. This isn't even not widely known so you have no excuse to be this ignorant.

who told you I was a monobrachiophile?

i dont understand why i still come here

i sincerely hope you are trolling

What does this question even mean?

The peacock, the peacock with the largest tail feaths has the biggest handicap, and is considered tough as shit to survive with it.

He's not.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_selection

You keep coming here to LARP.

hips =/= tits and ass. There's no need to store fat in those areas

>You keep coming here to LARP.

how ironic

Plus Im sure you posted the wikipedia article because this is the first you've heard of this and think other people are just as ignorant.

>Theres no need to store fat
I get that tits and ass have gone beyond whats neccesary, but you cant deny they play a function.

>How is pink a color?!
well, #FFC0CB for one makes a pink color

ya, more cushion for the pushin

Men store it on their asses too. Fat tends to be stored in the most physically convenient spots. Breasts are the only aberration.

>Plus Im sure you posted the wikipedia article because this is the first you've heard of this
Nope.
t. Biology Professor at Harvard

Why are poly's good at rugby but too lazy for anything else, also why arent they the majority pro swimmers?

Cuz of biology n shiet

tfw smarter than a pretend professor at harvard

>tfw 220 IQ
>No need for a degree
>Just write MENSA scores on job application
>Get any job I want
>300k starting

>decide to check Veeky Forumsafter months
>read this
>uncontrollably laugh until I get a hernia

never change, Veeky Forums

>prawn cocktail crisps

You mean fried shrimp, m8

stay scientific Jerry

>tfw billionaire relative
>tfw parents become rich as fuck when his company goes public
>tfw upper class for life
>tfw dont have to work if i dont want to

I am not even kidding.

Pic related me on top 4 life

>tfw Live in a first world country and am content with being lower middle class
>tfw Life is on easy mode

t. pleb from any era

>He hasnt taken the pleb pill

Fuck you boogerguys making money off of the hard work of the prolitterate

>on top until gunned down like a dog in class war

I eat your moms pussy

>My mum is actually my grandad
You just ate bum. lol.

>implying i am class identifiable
live in middle class house
drive middle class car
wear middle class clothes
buy whatever i want

i just go on cruises and visit other countries multiple times a year

>implying i dont take bong rips of the pleb pill every once and awhile

we thank you for your service

Salmon isn't really pink.

>implying i am class identifiable
Implying the revolutionaries haven't already put your name on a list.

the same reason wh*tes are still alive. intrinsic beauty factor

Also better absorption of UV rays in northern areas where less sunlight is available during the year.

>underage autist gets assblasted by the bants

You fucking gay dude?

>implying i cant just pay for a new social and name

>You do need a massive brain in a sexual environment where women just wont fuck brainlets, and enjoy men who can come up with weird fun ideas

>human intelligence evolved because women are children who want to be entertained
It explains why women aren't attracted to intelligent people but "entertaining" chads who are destructive like drug dealers and criminals.

You talking about women or sluts?

>implying they haven't infiltrated the government and won't know

Even women who don't go for degenerate chads still want their men to be able to entertain them in some way. Either from having enough money to buy that entertainment or being a funny individual. Probably why divorce is so rampant, beta males are "boring" to these women and divorce has lost it's stigma. Single life is "fun"
Men don't give a fuck as long as she puts out and it's ugly or fat.
Why do so many dumb cunts care about celebrities while males give zero fucks about tabloids?

At last I truly see.

[math]\{\mbox{x: x is a woman}\}\subseteq\{\mbox{x: x is a slut}\}[/math]

>implying they're smart enough to do that

That's what the Romanov's thought.

Yea, thats because they arent starving to death. Knowledge is desireable when it puts food on the table.

>implying we dont pay triple agents to infiltrate the government to infiltrate the lower class revolutionary infiltration of the government.

Pink is just the absence of green. Flamingos might well blend in some environment to some historical predators. Or there was simply no need to hide.

Salmon is Salmon, not pink. You colorly uncultured twattor.

>Why do so many dumb cunts care about celebrities
Many women are engineered for maneuvering around social hierarchies, gaining, and maintaining status. This both improves their access to mates and resources, and the survival of their offspring.

Most people in general are unwilling or unable to question why they do what they do, feel what they feel, like what they like. So they end up with a disjointed hackjob of a value system. And it shows. Everyday, everywhere you look. It shows.

>tl;dr women are reddit

are you a woman?

HOW MANY SHRIMP DO YOU HAVE TO EAT?

>Women have a higher fat % for childbearing. T

Ive heard this before. I think people misinterpret this idea, and I havent seen any evidence for it. The most important point however is that that is totally consistent with sexual selection. Childbearing doesnt help survival. Childbearing is the kind of thing sexual selection selects for.

Im not!

Yeah exactly. Its really scary because the implication is that sexual selection could swing in a weird direction and destroy society. For much of human society sexual selection selects for people who mate with their first cousin, and in much of the world cousin marriages are common. This is selected because you are trying to replicate your own genes, and cousins have 12.5% of your genes, and you therefore are replicating your genes more efficiently by having kids with your cousins. But the consequence of this are clannish people who live in large familiy units, and these lead to a lot of chaos as these family units work against societys stability for their own biological interests.

This is literally the exact answer to OP's question. Flamingoes are pink because they eat shrimp. They are normally white if they aren't fed shrimp. The pinker you are, the healthier you are and more desirable of a mate you are (since you know how to find food really well). Thus, flamingoes are bred to become pinker and pinker to be more attractive. This occurs despite the predatory disadvantages it brings.

hows it not? checkmate bitch

It might not be beneficial, but it's not denegraficial enough to get weeded out, so it got through.

Natural selection isn't about chance of survival, it's about chance of reproduction. So sexual selection is part of natural selection.

Like others had said flamingos are pink because they eat shrimp.
The shrimp are red because of a tapeworm that infects them, turns them red, makes them swarm together and castrates them so they don't waste energy multiplying.
This makes them easier to be eaten by flamingos, after which the tapeworm lives inside the flamingo happily laying eggs that go back into the water and hatch to infect more shrimp and continue the cycle.

Same reason zebras have stripes

It allows them to find each other better, aiding in breeding and keeping them together which is their best protection from predators. They tend to live in remote lakes so the threat of predators is low.

sexy selection, wouldn't you fuck a flamingo? i would!

Fair enough. I think your definition is more common, but I also think its less useful.

heard you were talking shit boi

17 primary colors compared to the human 3 if I recall correctly.

Being eaten is part of their lifecycle
>animal eats bird
>bird beak pieces get pooped out
>new birds grow from bird beak pieces

>imagine a new color you've never seen before
>now do that 9 more times
I wish he'd make more videos. They aren't the epitome of scientific information, but they are amusing.

Easy. Nobody wants to eat a FAGGOT. You would know about this because you are OP.

A-user....

The sad truth is that...it is long distance cannibalism...

Birb is eat
Birb is poop
Birb is plant
Birb is eat by other birbs.

:(

>tfw the carrots that are eaten in normandy could contain your great great grandfathers minerals.

They eat basically brine shrimp. The brine shrimp feed on red algae. The pigment in the algae turns the birds pink. Zoo-raised flamingoes (flamingi?) who are fed something else are white.

But flamingoes are not sexually dimorphous.

Women also store more fat in hip-pads than men do.

It may well be a measure of fitness for both sexes (much like how people are naturally more attracted to someone who is healthy and fit rather than someone who is morbidly obese).

Honey badger of the sea.

Flamingoes in Africa nd to live in the middle of big-ass alkaline lakes and shit where predators are scarce. They also live in the Galapagos, where predators are conspicuous by their absence.

Presumably they live somewhere(s) else in between, can't be arsed to go look it up -- but perhaps they tend to live in predator-poor environments where this whole discussion is a non-factor.

Come at me, bro.