Hegelian dialectic

What do you think our friends on /pol/ means by 'Hegelian dialectic'? I am genuinely dumbfounded.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/hegelian dialectic/

Examples:
>I should probably just make a pasta about this at this point, Athism is a mix of marxism, nihilism, and Christianity and all bundled into one core idealogy which focuses its worship around the concept of the Hegelian Dialectic and solipsism, in which solipsism is selectively used to deny certain syllogisms and observable phenomena in the environment. Most athiest are Christians at heart, they have the same moral structures, beliefs, and carry themselves in the manner of heretical but still highly obvious Christians. lrn2 ontology
>He who controls the Hegelian dialectic controls the world.
>They are using global warming/climate change as a way to further their globalist agenda to establish a single planetary government. Remember: Global 'problems' require global 'solutions'. This is the Hegelian dialectic on a global scale. Not only do they want a single planetary government, but they also want to DE-INDUSTRIALISE THE WORLD via their global warming/climate change SCAM. Don't fall for it
>Neocohens aren't a new phenomenon. You're just waking up. Jews hve been playing the Hegelian dialectic forever.
>Bear in mind that the Hegelian Dialectic is another old and consistently effective page from the playbook. This same Chicago crowd also practices the "Responsibility to Protect" doctrine; after sufficient chaos is created, then there is moral justification for militaristic forces to come in and stomp out the chaos in order to restore order: the new world order.
>I'd just point out that the most ''''conoservative'''' jews I know also happen to be the most neocon--Ben Shapiro and Sam Harris, for instance are super zionists in their own ways. Compare them to the ''''liberals'''' like Chomsky whose job it appears to be to break down other western societies in a Hegelian dialectic--good cop, bad cop tandem as you say

This is just the first page.
Are they essentially right? Was Hegel really a Jewish invention? What is this nonsense all about?

(this isn't bait, I genuinely want to know what they mean. If you're one of the frogmen from there, please explain)

why did you have to make another thread you dummy

Because the other one was about reddit.

Can you enlighten me? If you are one of them

What

They're molding together the motte-and-bailey tactics and Engels' "the first law of dialectics" (The law of the unity and conflict of opposites) into some kind of conspiracy theory. I like it.

/pol/ is always right.

Let's help then out by elaborating on this conspiracy scheme. Objectively we want the same things

It's starting to catch on. Some rapper recently made a song about it.

About what? Jewish conspiracy mixed with Hegel's dialectics?

Why do these right-wingers always make up these retarded terms or apply them to something that doesn't make sense. First we had 'cultural marxism', now 'Hegelian dialectic'.

>He who controls the Hegelian dialectic controls the world.

Isn't that part actually true? Or at least that's what Hegel wanted to be true.

>he thinks the dialectical self-movement can be controlled

wew

>cultural marxism
It's a right-wing version of "fascism" (or "crypto-fascism", or "neoliberalism") - just good old political banter, there is nothing wrong with it.

>Jewish conspiracy mixed with Hegel's dialectics?
It was actually an album called Hegelian Dialectic. I don't know if it involves Jews, but I imagine it involves the "elite" in some way.
>Why do these right-wingers always make up these retarded terms or apply them to something that doesn't make sense. First we had 'cultural marxism', now 'Hegelian dialectic'.
Postmodernism has also become a buzzword recently. I really think it's just an attempt to villainize academia.

It's fucking stupid and embarrassing.

Why do they have to drag Hegel and dialectics into their moronic universe, my Gott

>he doesn't know that Hegel is a right wing philosopher that was coopted by shitlibs
Shaking my damn head sempai

They're clearly not using it that way

Guys what if this is just the dialectic shifting?

What if it's become self-aware, by using us as its brains?

What if Hegel predicted all of this, even /pol/'s stupidity?

>What if Hegel predicted all of this, even /pol/'s stupidity?
It's powerful, but not quite that powerful

Holy shit this is hilarious.

It's "know thy enemy" when you have an IQ of 85 and the enemy is poststructuralist dialectical jewish dark conspiracies

As long as their "interpretation" of it is more compelling to the truth, it convince a great deal of people. When you consider that a significant number of people justifiably resent academia and the education system in general, it doesn't take much to make people believe that academics and the thinkers they celebrate are deliberately working against you.

I really hope they go after Deconstruction next.

> (this isn't bait, I genuinely want to know what they mean. If you're one of the frogmen from there, please explain)

They dont even know what they mean, they are just trying to sound like they might.

Sullying Hegel's name with this sort of nonsense can't be justified, regardless of how much they hate women and nonwhites

pic related. it is a phrase made popular among /v/idya players by fallout new vegas (an EXCELLENT experience worth playing).

people who make this reference are confirmed pseuds.

post more screenshots where he elaborates on this. I want to know how they came up with this shit

>Sullying Hegel's name with this sort of nonsense can't be justified, regardless of how much they hate women and nonwhites
He deserves to e slandered like every other academic sacred cow. I think it's hilarious that his own writing style allows them to put practically anything in his mouth, and there's really nothing that can be done to convince people otherwise.

>academics and the thinkers they celebrate are deliberately working against you
Well, 18% of the US "social scientists" are Marxists and it's kinda scary.

That there are people like the ones in the OP and that whole archive is much more frightening

There have always been people like that, user. People using big ideas without understanding them. It's as old as education.

Marxists are scarier because they're newer, and we haven't yet seen everything they can do.

Marx is the founder or sociology and social sciences.

He created an idea called "historical materialism" that suggests that the cause of events in history is the interaction of ideas and concrete material reality.

Previously it was understood that ideas themselves, being of God, created the motion of history. This was called idealism.

Marxism in relation to social sciences means an understanding of social
phenomena within materialism rather than idealism.

Really, the number ought to be higher than 18%.

The professors aren't 'real' marxists. They collect a fat paycheck and do fuck all except teach children to whine about identity politics instead of class

Pertinent dialogue, from my own beloved steam screenshots.

CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS, WHICH YOU SHOULD PURCHASE AND ENJOY.

>this is what /pol/'s latest conspiracy nonsense is based on

Cheers lad.

It's time to get off Veeky Forums altogether

Dialectic really means like, 'dialogue, discussion, argument, conflicting ideas' ("conflicting ideas, playing themselves out.. 2 "separate" but related ideas logic and reasoning working themselves out to reach high ground of understanding, solution, sublimation, compromise)

So its pretty much, 'who controls the dialogue'. What is the substance of the dialogue. The dialogue of the zeitgeist in the majority public sphere, and the dialogue of 'physical/material/mental' actions of Humanities Historical Earth.

They mean it in the way, that.....they..... control both sides of the argument and dialogue. They offer the problems and the solutions. Usually, or mainly as distractions to the nefarious activities, oppressions and injustices the masses should be paying attention to.

Pretty much, they may mean the opposite of Hegels ultimate Historical Dialectic, in that """they""" use it with petty stuff, but then again thats not entirely true: a big thing of hegels history dialectic was war, tragedy; so they make these large scale problems on the world stage (false flags, wars, terrorism, refugee crisis, transgender bathrooms, gay cake marriage, gun control, and so on and so on) and then the public goes crazy like headless chickens, maybe donates some to charity, maybe changes their facebook profile pic, and then '''they''' well some cases they already had the potential solutions before the problems arose, and in some cases they let the public work out what will occur, like transgender bathrooms, gay marriage and cakes,

Okay, but what does that have to do with Hegel's dialectic?

a dialectic in which both sides are the same voice is not a dialectic at all.

>this isn't bait
L O L
O
L

Okay, but what does that have to do with Hegel's dialectic?

Hegels dialectic is the historical process, forces of truth and ignorance, good and evil? Physically, mentally, spiritually, arguing with their voices and actions, creating history as they go?

And he believe this dialectic, history, was 'leading' somewhere? There was real progression?

if it is the creation of history, is it something like, hegels dialectic, progression of history concept?

>that hegelian weaseling
There is no self-identified "Weberians" or "Durkheimians".
"Marxist" is a political affiliation.

It was a rhetorical question, you stupid cunt.

These people are mentally ill and should actually try to read Hegel

There is, admitting Marx made some valid, novel, intelligent, reasonable, elucidations about history, humanity, and the world;

And there is, thinking the working class should literally unite and revolt.

I would say there is a thick line between, but if you are near either edge of the line, that edge is thin.

>I would say there is a thick line between, but if you are near either edge of the line, that edge is thin.
If you believe that oppression is a valid concept, you've already justified all forms of violence in your mind.

>Okay, but what does that have to do with Hegel's dialectic?

How is this a rhetorical question, you daft dung?

Either you understand what it has to do with hegalian dialectic, or you dont see what it do, or you dont think it does.

You asked a question implying one of the latter 2.

The dialectic cares naught for your claims of rhetorical, only the brass tacks of your positive (as in, existing) statements

You're so obvious
It really upsets me

If you are not trolling me, how do you believe voluntary contracts are oppressive (dont answer this, that is me trolling you)? Have you ever considered the working class is too dumb and lazy to organize and rule themselves? That they dont want days off because they are too dumb to do anything worthwhile with them? That they have been breed over millennia to be beasts of burden, it is their teleology? That they like their masters, and how they 'oppress' them so hard and well. That they think themselves dumb and unworthy of the nice things the white collar nerds invent for their grubby hands to soil? That they are lucky the nobles and nerds allow them to build the things they have designed? That being oppressed and working hard makes them more manly? Have you considered that almost more than anything, it is likely a working class bloke that would hate a commie? Have you considered after how many years of Marxist professors, and marxist students in how many universities across the world... how much knowledge and essays have been written, how many marxists exist right now, and yet... they are not organized, they have not organized the working class? What are you pansies waiting for (you are just as guilty...or does saying "I am a marxist, I have read some books" absolve you of your oppressive inaction?)?

Get /pol/ out of Veeky Forums for good.

Hey, wassup kiddos, I got a few extra rad Wiely Syrus tickets if any of you fellas wanna hang along, maybe get a 6 pack of brewskis, maybe shoot some bottle rockets at some cops

>What do you think our friends on /pol/ means by 'Hegelian dialectic'?

The same thing I think about /pol/ every night user

They just want a happening. Nothing more at all. They'll jump on anything to fill the void that is their lives so that they feel they are a part of something larger than themselves. What better happening than the war against the other?

However, this particular meme is weak. Too specific and concrete, too many openings to be attacked, takes more effort to keep up and defend.

Sorry. It's the unstoppable tide. Won't happen.

p funny desu

basically just a hodgepodge of salient thread topics from Veeky Forums, /pol/, and Veeky Forums stirred about with schizophrenic paranoia, making all kinds of loopy connections between nothing and nothing else.

I don't believe that "oppression" actually describes any type of existing relationships. I think it, like all leftist concepts, is just a tool used to justify the escalation to violence and the complete leftist domination of every aspect of existence.

>I don't believe

lots of people believe lots of things that are wrong user, are you prepared?

Not really. The nonexistence of "oppression" only unquestionable truth. I've tried many a time, and I've looked through the works of many great thinkers in my attempts. My only discovery is that anyone who claims that "oppression" is legitimate or meaningful is either a total charlatan or someone with an agenda.

are you speaking of, in the western world, or America particularly? And particularly, governmental oppression? Economic oppression (I would agree maybe, that that is not possible maybe...under the format of government, via: The law is: These are legal lines of work, these are not: You either can succeed in pursuing a legal line of work, or you do not: there is no room for 'oppression' here, as there is only: free individual law agreeing/abiding agents, property, and the desire to attempt to turn the resources which are ones property into profit, one can only oppress oneself, by failing to succeed in this game of these rules)

redpill me on Hegelian dialectics; give me a quick rundown

That first example is the only one that comes close to using the term correctly, but it's still misused.

It's hard to 'break down' Western society with Hegelian dialectic when really it would be preserved with its negation once sublated.

I'm not even sure it's a process that can be enacted by someone (or a group).

Because they have been watching Slavoj Zizek.
He's the only Marxist they'll listen to because he's the only Marxist who will A: straight up tell you he loves Stalin and B: Sided with Trump rather than what most notables were doing and shilling for Killary - Not necessarily because he believes DT is truly better, but because Hillary would be almost certain to change nothing - which was why she lost.

Donald Trump wasn't the change America wanted, but it was either that or four more years of drone strikes on foreign and posturing against Russia whilst pretending to be a bunch of cock-loving PC peacenicks at home.

Of course the lefties screech "Nazi" because they are impotent to do anything else but that and set fire to a few bins.

Hegelian dialectic, usually presented in a threefold manner, was stated by Heinrich Moritz Chalybäus as comprising three dialectical stages of development: a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis. Although this model is often named after Hegel, he himself never used that specific formulation. Hegel ascribed that terminology to Kant.[35] Carrying on Kant's work, Fichte greatly elaborated on the synthesis model, and popularized it.

On the other hand, Hegel did use a three-valued logical model that is very similar to the antithesis model, but Hegel's most usual terms were: Abstract-Negative-Concrete. Hegel used this writing model as a backbone to accompany his points in many of his works.

The formula, thesis-antithesis-synthesis, does not explain why the thesis requires an antithesis. However, the formula, abstract-negative-concrete, suggests a flaw, or perhaps an incomplete-ness, in any initial thesis—it is too abstract and lacks the negative of trial, error, and experience. For Hegel, the concrete, the synthesis, the absolute, must always pass through the phase of the negative, in the journey to completion, that is, mediation. This is the essence of what is popularly called Hegelian Dialectics.

Heraclitean 'Becoming' + Christianity. There is Hegel for you.

I've heard people interpret the term "Hegelian dialectic" differently

They're either referring to "the elites" creating problems so they can solve them
Or they're talking about alternate and opposing definitions of logical concepts

I think they're just using it as a buzzword at this point

This, it can't fucking be stopped. Once I opened a book by Hegel, I think it was the Science of Logic, and ever since I've been mind-controlled by some kind of conceptual parasite, it has swallowed all determinacy, itself and it's own other, the self-movement of the Concept won't let me go!

Warning to anyone: for god's sake, never be tempted to read Hegel!

As desperately lonely conspiracists, they are attracted to Hegel because of the architectonic and totalising logic of "The System."

Reminder that Hegel had a lifelong interest in the occult, and that his writings may, to no small degree, be considered a part of the occult tradition.

[citation needed]

>>he thinks the dialectical self-movement can be controlled
>This, it can't fucking be stopped.

The magnitude of hegelian dialectics in your life: (2342.2059)

The magnitude of hegelian dialectics that is the progression of history:
(99999999999999999999999999999^9999999999999999)

>tfw you were sure that they were just trying to coopt famous philosophical concepts to justify their fucked up worldview
>but no, they were just plagiarizing Fallout New Vegas

FOR FUCK'S SAKE

lol, this.

These guys don't have the attention span to read something. It's like a kid who ends up using words he doesn't know the meaning of, and then you find out he just overheard something in a video game.

Update from /pol/:

>The beleif that everything is a complete accident of chemestry and everyone is a soulless machine driven by chemical interactions is an example the duality I speak of. Likewise people who become so fully immersed in religon that they beleive in God's predetermined plan for them. It's the same duality that has been created in people to control the way they react. Hegelian dialectic is a very basic form social engineering and there are much more subtle and advanced methods
>The World has echoes of the Hegelian Dialectic. The Illuminati NWO as the pyramid, and some other on the left, clearly being both controlled by some third party. Perhaps this has been rearranged from the Illuminati being in the obvious middle, to show their possible back-up plan, The Mask, acting like they were not the center.
>Hegelian dialectic is literally cultural marxism.
> It's called the Hegelian dialectic. Create a scenario, sow seeds of ideologies, and divide and conquer. As of now it's Pizzagate conspiracy nuts vs. your average bluepill drone, and they're trying to push that divide

REALLY
REALLY
MAKES
YOU
THINK

pseuds cant take his wizardly gaze. pretty funny how they pit him on the left wing side becoz marx likes him loolz so he is sjw incarnate. he is talking from a level above typical political speak.

Christ.

>The Hegelian dialectic is no longer in use because we use empirical observation, reducing the post-Capitalist utopia to an aesthetic conceit and corrupting Marx's theories and giving us no guidance while using Marxism in modern economics.
>Or maybe you can also see that arguing about either system means some Jewish elites are laughing at you? We're all being played. Hegelian dialectic
>Fascism is the answer to the Hegelian Dialectic
>they are using the cliched Hegelian Dialectic to get the weak minded and the soft to make exceptions to free speech laws using the people are being mean so let's ban everything that bothers everyone and just dispel with that pesky reality entirely.
>you can be a sadist or a masochist. This is the hegelian dialectic.

I think I may have to re-read Hegel

Those people are out of their fucking minds.

The Hegelian dialect is merely a description of a process, not some kind of obscure mind control tool ffs.

More like twenty levels. Even Marx' interpretation is way too literal at times ie. master/slave (although I think Marx' was aware of that, he just found Hegels' concepts useful in that sense)

btw this thread is great. shows you how fast buzzwords spreads, im 100% certain none of these /pol/ guys ever thought about hegel before this meme spread and now they are talking about it as if it was the most normal thing ever.

Are you sure?
>An excuse to introduce more legislation to CONTROL the chaos. Increased surveillance, police powers etc. Classic Hegelian dialectic.
>I hate to say this guys, altough I support Trump 100% because he is our only option, we are still being played by the jews. Its called the Hegelian dialectic, something people used to discuss here before /pol/ was overrun by newfags, "alt-rights" ctr, and idiotic faggots.

Here's the best one:
>i fucking hate these gluten free faggots. shit fucking PISSES ME OFF. MUH STARCHES N SHIEEEETTTTTT. literally subhuman tier shit, jews make gorillians off this market. people need to drop the starch and glucose meme all together and move on from peasant sources of energy. fucking plebs. perfect Hegelian dialectic.

The most offensive thing about this is that they kind of understand the dialectic as the complete opposite of what it actually is, using it as some kind of boogeyman representation of a fixed, unchangeable world

The most offensive thing is that even two minutes on wiki will give you an overly very reduced idea of what it is (thesis, antithesis, synthesis etc.) but these people would rather spout off ridiculous conspiracy theories about a term they've never heard before. Jesus Christ.

agreed my man. they could be trolling, or someones trolling them. Veeky Forums has gotten lots of attention lately lol

im not reading through this shit thread because i can almost guarantee that the majority of people here havent read hegels philosophy of right. thats a prerequisite to have any kind of intelligible understanding of hegelian political thought and what developed through the reactionary movements that followed.

That's not even a proper use of the word "dialectic".
Also,
>Hegelian dialectic--good cop, bad cop tandem as you say
I think he meant "dichotomy", not "tandem".
either way I honestly can't tell where the typos end and the made up words begin

What's really hilarious is they learned the phrase from a brutal post-apocalypse autocrat whose own (fictional) understanding was limited.

harrypotterism

The pendulum of history swings one way, then the other.

This is what most people mean when they say "Hegelian Dialectic"

A median will be found, but not before some other issue eclipses the current one; the PC elite versus the Unreformed masses.

Nintendo DS > PC
PSP could be great again with some good exclusives

Back to /pol/ retard

>The most offensive thing is that even two minutes on wiki will give you an overly very reduced idea of what it is (thesis, antithesis, synthesis etc.) but these people would rather spout off ridiculous conspiracy theories about a term they've never heard before. Jesus Chri
How do you not get that their is a difference between a form/function/tool/idea, and using it. You are describing the prior, they are describing the latter.

Read the excerpts. These people are clearly braindead and clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

Now fuck off back to your cuckporn posting

Did I use the words Nigger or Cuck?

Respond properly or die on a spike.

>Read the excerpts. These people are clearly braindead and clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

How do you not get that their is a difference between a form/function/tool/idea, and using it. You are describing the prior, they are describing the latter.

They are still fishing towards Something in the murky waters of substance, phenomenon, and idea, instead of just ignoring reality and acknowledging that "yes, a ruler, for example a yard stick exists" but not discussing what can possibly be measured and compared by it in the world

I can't even tell who is trolling and who isn't. Is that "Hegelian Dialectic"?

>the complete leftist domination of every aspect of existence.
Which is the most powerful world leader is a right wing populist

Can't understand what the fuck you're trying to say