In a 'pre-med' program but doing poorly with no current chances of getting into medical school and thinking about...

in a 'pre-med' program but doing poorly with no current chances of getting into medical school and thinking about switching to pure math, something i was passionate about in grade 12 (2 years ago), but too unsure in my abilities to know if i'll do good in that either. confused as to how i went from feeling so safe to so lost.
can Veeky Forums recommend a novel or other reading for this feel?

Solzhenitsyn was a Mathematician and no one can feel safe in a Gulag. Maybe you'd like One day in the life f Ivan Denisovich?
Also read Dostoyevsky.

>Also read Dostoyevsky.
Which should I begin with?

If you're a Stemguy your will connect with the direct and bitter style of Solzhenitsyn. Also it will give you great arguments against communism.

But everyone should read Dostoevsky at some point in their life. Notes from Underground is a must. But, for you, Start with Solzhenitsyn.

> and thinking about switching to pure math
For what it's worth, academia is a shitfest, if you consider following that path.
>can Veeky Forums recommend a novel or other reading for this feel?
Narcissus and Goldmund
Stoner

Math guy here, if u can't manage 3.5+ in "pre-med" you can't do math

fuck off and study

t. med student

How should one go through the works of Solzhenitsyn? Chronologically?

I (like most people) started with One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. It is not is best but it is a great intro to him and (at only 178 pages) you can finish it in a day or two.

Yeah I dont know why I'm struggling. I think I dont study enough

>t. med student
are you really?

I'm not sure if I want 4channers to be my doctor

also I was severely depressed because i got dumped for the first time after being a weirdo all highschool but idk. there's a multitude of factors when I think about it.

If you're passionate about a subject you have the most potential to grow your abilities in that subject. Natural ability is like maybe 2/10s of what's needed in any pursuit the rest is practice, practice, practice and you won't practice what you don't enjoy.

I'm not sure I trust anyone who doesn't use Veeky Forums to be my doctor. . .

im currently in the same spot
slowly realizing im not getting into any decent school now that i applied to places

it seems my only chance is getting accepted into the one math program i applied to at some shitty school

yes, that's why every math program is actually a premed program with a 3.5gpa cut off

Ok when you apply to grad school or apply to get a job, they literally only care about your accomplishments. Mindset doesn't matter.

There is no reason for you to make excuses even if you have gotten over your "depression," no one cares.
Have you ever heard stories from human pieces of shit who "find god" and you're just silently laughing at them because it sounds so stupid, but for them, it was literally life changing.

That's how the world will see you. You can only do OP. If you want to prove to those faggs who get you a job or accept you to grad school. Do something worthy, something that makes them say, "we need him because he clearly doesn't need us."

also having emotions over girls is for faggots

I'm surprised people still have trouble understanding that you absolutely don't want to take life advice from anonymous users.

i took all my advice from anonymous users and look where i am

Just do it. Medicine is overrated anyway. You'll naturally do better in something you like than dislike.

assuming you actually like math and aren't a filthy pseud

>t. math major, former premed

Case and point

you're right, i understand

>assuming you actually like math and aren't a filthy pseud
how can i determine?

ya that was the joke

i'm a doctor. i just never stopped randomly checking Veeky Forums since i was like 14. i'm sure there's plenty of us

>i'm a doctor.
Do you get to touch a lot of vaginas?

probably not, because you're a reddit crossposter

Try doing exercises for a week and see.

Lies
I was a C student in highschool, now Im studying math in college and I have a 3.2

follow your dreams and read borges

Where to start with Borges?

The Greeks

It isn't a pleasant as you think

I can't tell you anything about the novel OP but I can tell you that if you aren't attending an elite college, pure math is a very poor life choice.

my school is highly ranked in canada, although I think the majority of the funding goes to faculty of medicine (my current faculty)