What's your ideal reading/writing environment?

What's your ideal reading/writing environment?

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/12/how_to_create_motivation_for_2.html
thehardtimes.net/hardstyle/society-turning-exactly-bet-book-1984/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>quiet
>ideal temperature
>firm couch with pillow for head
>cat for increased warmth/companionship
>lots of sunlight or lamplight

feels good man

Silent.
Dim.
Isolated.
Stinks of pussy.

So, inside a pussy?

somewhere quiet and isolated where i can think

completely impossible for someone living with their parents in a small, badly designed house with noisy pipes and paper thin walls to avoid financial retardation

might just kill myself instead

Between Gass's thighs.

I like to read at park or some cafe/pub when its nearly empty.. get distracted too easily otherwise.

you're right you never read or write because of your bitch mom it's nothing to do with you being a pseud

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/12/how_to_create_motivation_for_2.html

>All artists-- and probably all people-- have in their minds the fantasy workspace. "If I could only work in..." Forget it. This is always going to fail. Always, every single time. They are distractions, they sap emotional and creative energy.

would fall asleep in 5 mins

Sitting on a train, honestly.

Pic related, it's me

anywhere

I like reading in coffee shops.

I like writing at home.

Public swimming pool, filled with at least 40% piss.

Afternoon/sundown. A pack of cigarettes at my side, while having a joint in one hand, book in lap and a pen in the other. On the 2 steps to the back door since I can't smoke inside. Almost finished an entire book there.

Somewhere with just enough background noise that I can't hear my tinnitus. Bright enough that I can read without straining my eyes, but not so bright it is distracting.

A cafe but without eastern yuropoors or turkroaches crowding around. I didn't understand the snownigger and roach memes until I tried to do something that requires any concentration in a room full of those obnoxious faggots.

Where you from?

Outside. I'll never stop shilling nature. Even on this weather it's the best. The emptiness and boundlessness will clear you out and fill you back up.

Gass should really lose weight

He's in his 90s, what would the point even be?

>that Nat Geo picture

Pseud detected, library is probably full of trash, post hidden.

I'd love to set up a reasonably sized office. Small desk near a large south facing window, comfortable chair (not leather), a small library along one wall, a Bang and Olufsen stereo with my CD collection close by, coffee making facilities in one corner, guitar on nearby stand plugged in to pedal board and small amp.

Fucking comfy.

>implying nature is real

Fuck your comfy shit I would have a girl on my dick and a bottle of whisky destroying my liver. I'm writing my masterpiece on her back with a marker pen.

Alone in room, good lighting needed.
or
Outside, clear sky with clear sunlight, low wind.

I feel this. the most focused I've ever been was on a 5 hour flight last year. Pretty much read the whole way. good stuff. everyone else was asleep.

In the tree-trunk like arms of an enormous jet black werewolf, rising and falling as I lay against his chest, every breath throwing a quiet rustle across my pages, and the deep thunder of his heart against my back.

You're the reason eugenics is a theory.

Indoors but with plenty of sunlight. A clean room full of creams and whites and a nice drink like tea or coffee. Sitting at a clean desk with a lamp, something to write on, and something to read.

Anywhere.
A fern and a cup of tea are nice, but not necessities.

Summer, night, gulf shores in the house but can hear the ocean

Same here, outside in the sun on a blanket with some snacks

Get more lit puss.

>There is some seriously messed up stuff in the world right now and you would be surprised how much of it is probably predicted in this book. I haven’t read it myself, but I want to. I’ve had a copy of it for like, ever. There’s just nowhere good to read in my house. But still, that does not take away from the amazing vision of the author.

thehardtimes.net/hardstyle/society-turning-exactly-bet-book-1984/

>attempting to concentrate in a place where people come to chat
You're just an idiot senpai.

Indoors, warm (or chilly but I have a warm blanket), dark( and I especially love when it's also snowing outside), comfy couch or bed with a big pillow against a wall so I can sit or just a soft carpet, only a small lamp with a warm light that illuminates the book just enough so that it's comfortable to read, a fireplace and a cup of black tea or hot coco. I miss home man, I can't wait for the next christmas.

When indoors I would need good lightning, one cup of tea every 50 pages, possibly close to the heater during winter.
Sometimes reading while walking, even though I feel incredibly stupid when doing it.

writing at a college library with other people working, maybe with ambient music playing, no vocals.

reading outside on a hammock or in the pool. the outdoors makes me more focused.

>firm couch
why... would such even exist? Some plywood on some concrete blocks? Or maybe just the concrete?

invest in some headphones (somewhere quiet = music is distracting... white noise? nature sounds? mellow non rhythmic percussive ambient?) or ear muffs?

bump

I wasn't implying anything of the sort. If it were real it wouldn't look nearly as good.