Which books would you recommend for a guy who simply want to be an Average Joe, one of you guys, just a normal person...

Which books would you recommend for a guy who simply want to be an Average Joe, one of you guys, just a normal person, but is prevented from being so due to his intellect and genius? I've just read "The Drama of the Gifted Child: The Search for the True Self" by Alice Miller and I was surprised to discover how well she was able to articulate my disposition. It's just that there's so few individuals like myself that it's painfully difficult to simply "be" like other people (you) because my mind is moving at 110mph while the brains of other people are stumbling along barely even comprehending fifty percent of what I say. It's torturous to travel through life in top gear at all times, and let me tell you, the periods where the engine stalls are so disturbing that I have seriously considered ending my life several times, only be discouraged from doing so by college professors, girlfriends, lovers, friends, and family members, all of whom in their own way acknowledge my limitless potential and unrivaled intelligence, not to mention my sense of humor and general tendency to be the best company a person could wish for.

my dairy desu

>my mind is moving at 110mph while the brains of other people are stumbling along
>[i am] the best company a person could wish for.
you sound fucking insufferable

On the miniscule chance that this isn't bait:

You are as dumb as everyone else, being angry at other dumb people is a fact of life dumb dumb

This would be better bait if you toned it down a bit.

If this is old pasta it is low quality pasta.

Read Ulysses, you'll lose every delusion you have of being a genius, that will be better for you.

I love goodwillhuntingposting
>Read Ulysses, you'll lose every delusion you have of being a genius
Care to elaborate?

If this isn't bait read up on the Dunning Kruger effect you smug fart sniffing cunt

>girlfriends, lovers, friends
kys normie scum

smart but lazy meme debunked?

Oblivion by DFW

A confederancy of dunces

Holy shit please shut up. "Girlfriends". I would have more sympathy for you if you were gay.

You sound schizophrenic

Kill urself desu

It had an opposite effect on me.

>intellect and genius
>wants to be normie

picc one

Serious answer: Mindfulness meditation. Not books.

Fackin shakespeah ya homo

C&P

Lobotomy is perhaps too far.

>People can't understand what i say.
Smart people know how to make difficult subjects easy.
You may be above average, but you're still far from what you think you are.

>"""""Genius"""""
>Hasn't even had several existential crises with the depth and profundity of a man twice his age
>Not even getting published
>Wont live a successful life at my expense

Heh, nice try kid.

If you were such a genius you would've been able to comprehend that your post would only warrant mockery. Also, if you were such a genius you wouldn't need to come to Veeky Forums for advice on how to be a normal person

What if I want the inner conflict between myself resulting from people thinking I might be intellectually gifted and myself not wanting to be the average Joe to sustain the existential crises so I have some meaning in my life while I deny the reality that I am not anywhere near a genius or the other possiblity that I am indeed slightly intellectually gifted, but that this potential has been wasted anyway?

Requiring meaning is the result of getting lost in symbols and mental constipation. When you live well the desire for meaning disappears.