JUST
U
S
T

>they found another Venus
nice desu

>goldilocks zone

Mars is a barren desert

would the zone still be the same for that star?

that's because it's not geologically active

if it had a proper atmosphere and magnetic protection it'd be fine

>hurr durr
You may not know, but the goldilock zone is a necessary but not sufficient condition.

>solar shade in front of e
>add a thicker atmosphere on f
blanets now habitable

Wtf are those fields for if they're not the same in each picture and the rings are not orbiting anything

uninhabitable planlets
>tfw no nitrogen
>why even bother i'll never get qt life on me

Somewhere out in the universe is a chad system with multiple planets in the goldilocks zone. This ability to network multiple planets together gave them such a huge systematic advantage that other species from their local zone would send colony ships to orbit around them.

Venus is inside the zone, Earth is actually right on the margin, our climate is moderated by life.

Goldilocks theory is bunk.

it's kinda crazy that earth is pretty much exactly one AU from the sun... really speaks to how special our planet is.

A planet in the Venus position (no, not kinky here!!) but with less CO2 might be viable. With a lot of water you would get a cloud layer that may, just may, reflect enough heat away.

Also if tidally locked you get more possibilities.

>what is the definition of AU

>but the goldilock zone is a necessary but not sufficient condition.
>necessary
brainlets...

>being retarded

If you look at the OP pick, the zones are different.

really makes you think

one australia away

hmmm

>mars is in the goldilocks zone
?

Pretty sure they account for that, other conservative estimates for habitable zones around the Sun put Mars outside the habitable zone. The wider zone's edges would only host earth-like planets under particular conditions, such as having an atmosphere several times denser than Earth's.

it is, it just lacks an atmosphere

But then everything would be upside down.

This is actually very good news. The more inhospitable planets we find, the greater the chances that we survive the great filter.

Isn't the goldilocks zone just about "the right temperature"?
How do you know there isn't some geological process heating 'f'.

Goldilocks zone is a bullshit concept anyways.

There are so many more factors to it.

>How do you know there isn't some geological process heating 'f'.
What is the law of conservation of energy.
What is black body radiation.

you know Venus is hotter than mercury despite being further away.

Yes, but I wouldn't go around saying Venus is heating itself.

When did I say such a thing?

Omg user you just made me think about my entire life and of the planet and of the universe and cosmos and shiet in a single post MHHHH

The instrumentation used to detect the planets around Tau Ceti isn't sensitive enough to detect worlds smaller than ~3 Earth Masses. There could be an Earth sized world between those already discovered.

The wizardry required to put this post together stuns me.