Which is worse? People who don't read or people who read shit?

Which is worse? People who don't read or people who read shit?

People who buy reclam are the scum of the earth. "Yes it's a yellowish, extremely cheap paperback and falls apart after a week of reading but it's cheap xDD" Disgusting.

Price matters you cunt.
And it's yellow
It's unusual.
Bu at least it's comfortable to hold.

I bet you study Germanistik and shop at Hugendubel you delusional poorfag.

Ha!
I don't!

I don't even know what a Hugendubel is!

I just have two reclam books that's all.

people who read shit

there's dignity in just not caring

>I bet he doesn't even carry 5 hardcover bricks around with him all the time
>what a pleb

t. buffoon
As for normal people, they last just fine.

People who don't read. For them it's not too late to start with the Greeks.

Why is it healthier for subhumans to not read philosophy? But look at what happens when they do. They become without fail pseudo-intellectuals, who start running around like headless chickens hysterically lambasting civilization, history, science, technology, strength, growth, and anything whatsoever which isn't downright decadent and revolting.

In sum, there is no such thing as universally valid "good things". There are even lifeforms for whom BREATHING is bad. I am not making this shit up, you should read a biology book some day. Or, then again, maybe you shouldn't. It all depends on who you are.

What a fucking pleb you are if you really think the Greeks are the start and not the Sumerians

name one worthwhile sumerian work that the babylonians didn't improve

Well, why don't you start with the Babylonians then?

If you study literature, you are depending on Reclam. Basically every work I need to read I can find in the book store next to the uni for 10€ or less. If you studied literature in Germany and did not accumulated a yellow meter on your shelf, you did something wrong.

>implying i'm planning on getting the Deutschlehrer degree
>implying i didn't read every classical work of German literature before I turned 16
>implying I'm a poor Studienratkind pretending to be boheme like you
nice try Jonathan

Truth be told I haven't gone to university in like a year and will probably kill myself in the not so distant future, but you should be aware of the fact that Reclam offers more than just German literature.

Also, first two letters of the name are correct.

Are these the European equivalent of Penguin Classics?

I've read Gilgamesh what should I read next?

People who read shit. People who don't read might be engaging in or consuming other valuable art, find enjoyment in other things like nature or at least not purposefully exposing themselves to shit.

No, I think just the german.

People who read shit at least have the ability to pick something else up. Nobody fell out of the womb reading Ulysses.

Those who don't read at all are so far gone it's probably hopeless.

No, the european equivalent of penguin classics is penguin classics. Reclam is printed in German, us euros have 534534 different languages so it's impossible unless we have english as lingua franca

>there's dignity in just not caring

None that I can see.

So there is no dignity in dedicating your life to music, painting, photography, film, dance or any other artistic form of expression? Only reading books gives man dignity?

Can't you download it? Buy a VPN?

There are a bunch of books scanned and uploaded on the uni's site that you log into, but not all books are available there.

>Being a messy undisciplined pleb who can't even take care of a book

The latter

people who don't read > people who read shit > people who don't read and take pride in it

people who don't read and take pride in it > people who read shit and take pride in it

stuff>people