It pisses me off when I see people here post their shelf and it's filled with secondhand shit and paperbacks...

It pisses me off when I see people here post their shelf and it's filled with secondhand shit and paperbacks. If you're going to buy crap why don't you just pirate?

because reading on computer is poopitty poop-poop pippity poppity poopydoo

Don't talk to me like that, bucko.

I enjoy making you mad

Because books are only conveyance, a device to get the words to you and once they're read, they're only purpose is to be re-read. Why do you feel need to attach your self worth to how objects you have collected? Anyone can walk into a shop a buy a thing, do you brag to others about this and show pictures of all the things you have bought?

I bet you only play games through steam

fuck off richfag

"I can't afford anything but ratty paperbacks" would have sufficed, you pretentious windbag.

I don't play video games

listen, one of us is going to be the morally superior git here and it's not going to be you.

Older books have nicer typesetting and are usually bound much better. Plus second-hand books avoid giving money to estate- and rights-holders in the case of dead authors.

I only buy books I can't pirate.

secondhand books are full of life. I always favor them over new books (unless some other edition is clearly superiori, obviously).

I like thinking about the original owners of my second hand books kneading their genitals while reading like I do

Taking in Literature, Film, Music, Art, anything in an uncomfortable position is almost required so as to avoid contaminating your qualia with bodily comfort.

yea I'll skip over this $0.49 copy of the bros karamazov so I can read a pirated version from my fucking ifone

>all your fancy books will one day be in a bargain bin at salvation army

I'll be cremated on the pyre of my collection.

I pay like $3 to have a physical copy of a book. It's much easier to read a physical copy for me personally, I like to underline or just write things on the sides. Plus it's fun to see your library change over time.

I feel like buying fancy editions of books just to sit on your shelves is worse, but I guess you can do what you want

>People waste money on hard covers.
Are you a 12 year old prone to book tearing rampages? There's being rich and then there's being dumb, user.

Also this, shit's fucking unbearable.

aesĀ·thetĀ·ics

>proceeds to read miles and miles of shitposts on Veeky Forums

because reading off a screen for more than an hour at a time fucks up my vision and my eyes only see blurs for like 2 days

Projecting at its finest.
Now excuse me while I go read my books.

>He doesn't scour the local second-hand book stores for out-of-print works by 19th century authors whose artistic merit is without question but not appreciated today

Lel laddie, lel.

this is actually a very interesting phenomenon

This. I want my books to look like they've been trough some shit.
Also makes it easier to hold open

Yeah, sure, OK, whatever you say, buddy.

My books are absolutely filled with annotations which I constantly revise and which are never unjustified. I erase them as I find a better way to say something or treat the subject at a gloss.

>tfw living the monk life

>monk life

I bet you don't even use a dipping quill-pen.

I use the finest pens.

My annotations really are a work of art, I would lend my annotated books to friends if all my friends weren't complete idiots. Posterity will enjoy them.

This desu.

>he doesn't buy old books that are like new