What's the bare minimal books one should read to have a basic understanding of politics?

What's the bare minimal books one should read to have a basic understanding of politics?

>inb4 my fight from Mr. adolfo

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Politics-History-Political-Thought-Herodotus/dp/0871404656/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487004393&sr=1-1&keywords=on politics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THE GREEKS

Dumb question you brainlet. Strictly speaking you don't need to read any books to understand politics. Reading history will give you a background of knowledge to form your own opinions. Then once you find an idealism you agree with, find books that support/explain that and books that criticize it.

not really, I want to have a basic understanding of ideologies.

Try "the dictators handbook", "the righteous mind", "predisposed" and lastly "our political nature".
Once you finish with that you could look at philosophers and the like.

But you don't have to.

You dont need books, just take the redpill and you'll have all the answers

Try first to get a piture of the whole. This book is a good introduction to politics:

amazon.com/Politics-History-Political-Thought-Herodotus/dp/0871404656/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487004393&sr=1-1&keywords=on politics

Unironically this desu

I'm also going to say unironically tbqh

Leviathan

Read Marx, Nietzsche, and Freud.

Then decide for yourself what you think.

I can't pick an ideology because I don't truly know what the best approach to the economy is. Fuck.

Barter system > everything else

Fukuyama's origins of political order.

Save yourself the hastle of even reading any other opinion itt, go to your local library, and get this book.

Well then you read whatever manifestos that ideology has produced and whatever texts are associated with said ideology.

Books that deal in broad generalities which try to make broad statements regarding political theory quickly become dated, because they are necessarily based on the past, and the future is strange and terrible.

You need to narrow your spectrum of research to something surmountable; try looking into the two main political parties of your home nation.

This should be manageable, well documented and practical in terms of raising your level of actual useful political awareness vis a vis your present situation.

Embrace Trump

I find you learn more about politics by talking to people and involving yourself in it than reading texts.
Spend some time making signs for a campaign, even if you don't support them or intend to vote.
The experience is valuable.

tl;dr: politics makes everyone and everything stupid.

My struggle, you retered.

Just stick to a strict diet of Alex Jones, Milo, rekt feminist videos and maga compilations

Just look up realpolitik and international relations

Just read 1984 bro
>mfw

You don't really need it but you might want to read up a bit on history in general I think,

Jubias Bee-bo-bah

the only book you'll ever need

Confessions of an economic hit man was interesting