Obscure authors only you know. I'll start

Obscure authors only you know. I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Álvaro_Cunqueiro
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fucking hilarious thread. Tired of making frog ones?

Great thread

I just heard of this guy George Martin I think? Lit know if he's any good.

I know I know >>/sffg/

lets do this properly

juan jose saer
cesar aira?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Álvaro_Cunqueiro

My dairy

Jews Ebola

Argentino detectado. Saer es dios.

DESU

Bartolomé Hidalgo

An actual average would not even be able to name 10 authors.

for a second I thought this was the same murakami that published "Piercing"

Is Gustav Meyrink obscure here?

Read The Golem.

I hope this is meme

What, the book or the author being obscure? I hope not the book because I was going to pick it up.

I mean, it's a classic, not obscure at all. It's great, though. Pick it up for sure

John "Dick O's" Green

César Aira is great.

My pick: Günter Herburger
(Apparently he’s won a few prices and written for a few decades now, but his latest novel was published in a quite obscure way and the people in the bookstore where I ordered it (which is a very good one) had never heard of him.)

But everyone knows that guy from Star wars first generation

Nescio is a my fav dutch writer whose work amounts to no more than a 100 pages total. Also, the discovery of heaven is a nice dutch epic, no masterpiece but def great.

Dope book, read it as a prep before a vacation to Prague. I still think of the part where a guy cuts his wrists and lets himself bleed out on his fathers grave or when the Golem comes out of a playing card in the abandoned tower. Golems and Jewish mysticism are super interesting in general.

Is it the one about shamanism in the german south?

Henry Dumas.

>Kafka on the shore

What's it supposed to fucking mean? It's been three years since I read it and I still can't wrap my head around its meaning.

>tfw too intellegent

August Strindberg and Yasunari Kawabata are two I don't see mentioned much.

toby lawson

I can piece together a lot of the allegory for Kafka on the Shore in honesty.

But the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I do not have a fucking clue where to even start on that.

Kawabata is usually mentioned whenever there's a japanese Veeky Forums thread, it's good that he's starting to get more attention here.

One that I'm sure isn't really obscure but whom is not often mentioned on Veeky Forums is Georges Bernanos. He's a criminally underrated author of terribly depressing things

Waltari is never discussed though certainly not obscure.

The author knows themselves, dumbass.

hijacking this thread:

i just finished "the elephant vanishes" after finding it in a japanese short-story collection.

i had heard good things about "the wind-up bird chronicles" and "kafka on the shore" from my best friend; at the time, he was 17 and a good painter, but not well-read or very intelligent. i found an old picture of him the other day, holding a pile of books: murakami, gaiman, basquiat.

i also heard bad things from a pseud college student about 1Q84. he was from a relatively well-off family in washington state, but acted poorer and dumber than he was. he idolized appalachia and was drawn to me because i grew up in tennessee. his best friend, coincidentally, was an old pal of the first woman i ever fucked. we had both pretended to be in love then: she because her father had just died, and i because i wanted to get rid of my virginity quickly.

needless to say, it's hard to trust either of these recommendations, though i liked the story. what do you think?

William Kennedy
William Maxwell
Alice McDermott

Just make a separate thread you dickhead.
Nobody gives a shit

Just read the book man, it's accessible as fuck.

If you don't like it, just put it down. It's not the kind of thing you have to see all the way through to form an opinion on. It either keeps you interested, or it doesn't.

That being said, Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is better

>read Murakami, it will be relaxing
>it will be a nice change from all the serious (non-fiction) you read all the time
>it will do you good
t. People around me
>reading Murakami
>~250 pages in
>little side stories were nice
>starting to actually feel for the protagonist
>gets cucked out of the blue
Thanks guys

This country, my man

Henry darger

There's a documentary about him called "the realms of the unreal."
Interesting stuff!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger

I'm reading snow country right now, and it's great desu

I really E.L Doctorow.

That's what I started with and I think I've read most of his stuff by now save a few novels and the short story collection/poetry stuff, it's all great. He's probably my favorite author.

Thomas Bernhard

Yep.
It was really pretty fucked up.

Frigyes Karinthy

where can I get all 90000000 digitalized pages of his work?

>Sputnik Sweetheart
?