What exactly is post irony?

What exactly is post irony?

Can people enjoy humor anymore if it isnt multilayered in unclear sincerity?

Im kind of bothered by all this.

start with the rowling

this dasu

"Hey, what do you guys think of Ulysses?" --- OP

"it's shit, total meme book lol" --- Hasn't read book, ironic

"it's shit lol, you got memed by the literary establishment" --- Has read book, is actually serious underneath the ironic surface text, post-irony

Simply put, it's using irony to express a serious thought in a 'direct' way, as opposed to a contrasting one (traditional irony).

>it's shit lol, you got memed by the literary establishment

so memespeak is post ironic by itself?

If their meaning is what they're really saying, then yes.

Ironic use of irony, basically.

Being serious but sounding ironic.

ironic posturing but unironic use of words and ironic context. it has to be timed for optimal effect depending on how ironic or unironic the thread is

But how far down does the rabbit hole go? If the language is a bit more normal, how am I supposed to know where it stops? I can barely pick up sarcasm and irony in the first place (not special, just an idiot)
See:
>Dude what level of irony are you on right now?

It's an attempt to defuse criticism.

If anyone tries to take issue with what you say, you can always claim you didn't mean it. And better still, that they didn't get the joke.

so, its like when a guy says "im triggered" to say that he got legit disturbed, but using a memespeak.

do normies use post irony? do they have such language tools?

irony/weird twitter has normies doing ascending levels of irony and sometimes post-irony. they say "bernie would have won" a lot, and they are serious that bernie would have won. it's hard to think of other examples since I'm not on twitter a ton

It's a pretty lazy way of hiding behind irony while expressing an actual opinion directly.

I'm proud of anons in this thread for not fucking it up

Post-irony is posting in the comments section of a Death Grips video with a profile of an anime girl and a message that says: "E N D M Y L I F E". The fact is the poster is in fact depressed and suicidal yet understands that being sincere in this case would kill the mood and would likely attract people who tell him to "just b urself dude :)" etc. Being ironic would mean that he was actually a very happy guy who was simply pointing out that the music made him want to kill himself. But being post-ironic is telling people are you depressed and suicidal without either undermining your own emotional sincerity or making it seem as if you're sitting there asking for pity or support. Post-irony is in fact rooted in a community and is identified really only by those able to appreciate the in-jokes and references and the essential shared emotional comradeship that comes with being a group of faceless, depressed internet betas.

No, that's irony

Post irony is like good advice that you just don't take, but you acted as if you had and it backfired.

That's irony you retard. That's what led to post-irony. Post irony is about stating things explicitly in a way that seems ironic.

Example:

Sincerity: "I'm severely depressed and contemplating suicide"

Irony: "I'm super depressed. I think I'll go actually tie the noose right now in fact."

Post-Irony: "I'm a fucking mess of a human bean please DELET my existance"

My theory that it's communal in nature is evident here, as "human bean" and "DELET" are both phrases that seem ridiculous and ironic, but refer to actually sincere emotions, as with "human bean" from the movie Driver, which most people actually enjoyed and related to but also appreciated the rather overdramatic and absurd way in which a pale, skinny weakjawed manlet teenager in rural New England is "relating" emotionally to a super-Chad actor who wears fingerless gloves unironically and has a qt race traitor gf.

Too obtuse to have any currency mate. Post-irony is telling people that you feel a sincere emotion without either saying that you feel that sincere emotion nor making an ambiguous statement that doesn't really reveal whether or not you do.

Humor is its thing like snowboarding is its thing, if people can enjoy one, they can enjoy the other

yeah, the communal aspect seems to make sense. its an ingroup lingo and way too interact and display humor.

one of the things ive noticed is when normie humor pages take post ironic memes and post them they have to explain the reasoing behind them "LOOK AT THOSE HILARIOUS LIFE HACKS THAT ARE TOTALLY FAKE AND EVEN DANGEROUS HAHA ISNT THE INTERNET SUPER CRAZY?".. but it reads so weird, because you dont explain humor, thats like a big thing behind it.

What about when someone criticizes the book but actually pikes it?

So would be post-post-irony?