Post your Fall 2017 Schedule here

Post your university schedule here and have other anons critique, give advice, etc.

computer """science""" here
the only class i want to take is computer vision but i'm waitlisted for it

I am taking

>Engineering Economic Analysis
>Intro to Algorithms
>Operating Systems
>Intro to Embedded Systems
>Ethics & Law

Taking max amount of hours

biochem m8.

>Math 70 (Intermediate Algebra II because fucked up placement test ayyyy)
>English 115
>Econ 101
>Psych 101
Funny that these classes are just from Monday to Thursday, and taking just 16 credits I think.
Should've took more but w/e, I don't want to take the Chicano class that I have to suck the dick for my transfer now.

Guess what state I am, Veeky Forums.

Try killing yourself brainlet.

Calc 3 (up to triple integration only)
Linear Algebra 2
Computational Physics
Differential Equations
Geometric Optics

rate me/give advice

Love you too.

depends on the teacher like any other school in the universe

expect webassign for all of those

expect little social interaction if you want a B in all of those

>expect little social interaction if you want a B in all of those
With no social interaction he should be able to get a 4.00 for the semester easily

From what I've seen in other uni's I think I lucked out, since almost all of those classes have weekly assignments (I had to use MP in first year and I hated that shit).

>intro
>intro
>general
>intro
Waste of time. Jump straight into advanced courses, pick up the background as you go.
Is this a weird american thing where you have to do history or do you actually want to?

It's my college (in America), requires 2 history courses

>implying our shitty universities even allow you to take the real courses before the intro courses, let alone OFFER real courses
>implying we would be able to get our degrees without taking these intro courses

>Is this a weird american thing where you have to do history or do you actually want to?
Yes there is this little funny thing called General Education where you're forced to take watered-down courses in subjects that don't pertain to your degree.

9 credits of Advanced Research in ECE

Calc II (Single-Variable, Integral)
Engineering Physics I
Chem I

This is 16 credit hours here. 12 being the "full time threshold"

It's also 20 hours of class time alone per week.

I fucking hate this school.

expect lots of calculations

Grad Algebra
Measure Theory/Functional Analysis
Advanced Set Theory
general research seminar
set theory seminar (the guy does descriptive set theory, so I expect it to be about that)

How the fuck is that 16 credit hours?

Some schools attach a lab component to physics and chemistry and bump that units from 4 to 6 or 7

Honors Real Analysis I
Honors Abstract Algebra 1
Introduction to Probability Theory
Physics seminar
Putnam seminar

The "honors" version of those classes just means we are doing Rudin and Artin respectively and the coursework is rigorous. Putnam seminar requires sitting the exam in December

Accepting advice on Putnam seminar and real analysis/algebra. I did well in my proofs transition course

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shitty community college in western WA. The instructors are shit at time management, administration doesn't know how to run a fucking school and the students are lazy underachieving shits. Unsurprisingly, retention rate is about 15%

>Putnam
Holy shit, hopefully you'll get a good advice from a fellow putnam user, since IIRC there was one last year too.

G-Ganbare

>calc 3
>phys 2 (E&M)
>space exploration
>earth & environment
>intro to mech eng
and
>dodgeball

a hearty 17 credit hours. Phys and earth have labs.

I want take another course and get 12 credits, but they didnt offer any classes i have the prereqs for this semester. Its ok tho because ill be ontrack since i took stats this summer.

Do as many Rudin exercises as you can, even if their not assigned. His exercises teach a lot of techniques of approaching and doing analysis.

>3/10
2/10
5/10
7/10
6/10
6/10
8/10
8/10
7/10
9/10
8/10

Algorithms
Functional Programming
Functional Analysis I
Set Theory
Logic II
Computer Graphics

>tfw doing a maths degree and avoiding as much maths as possible in my final year
I admit to being a brainlet

>got the only 9/10
yay

space is only an hour a week, but our prof did 25 years of testing low-grav at NASA. Should be fun

Honors Algebra, Grad Complex, and Math Methods of Physics

Okay Veeky Forums, Undergrad in Cell Bio, 3rd year
>be me
>fuck up 2nd year due to a bunch of things
>Take a bunch of bird classes in 3rd year to boost my GPA, and whatever classes I need to finish for my degree; without real interest
>However, found out love pharmacology
>Choice between grad school and pharmacy school
>Pharmacy school means a bunch of stupid ENG courses.

Kinda don't want to because wasted my time on 4 bird courses already, and alot of the subjects I've taken so far are meh. I'd rather take the higher level courses...but pharmacy school... What really tugs at my soul is that I've underutilized my university and haven't maxed out learning everything I can. Anyone relate?

CSbro master race

Generals are such a gigantic waste of time, I'm just muscling through them all to get them out of the way right away so I have the rest of my college years doing what I want.
My school requires an Ethics and Values class to graduate. Fucking waste of my life.

And yet you still go there, so that says a lot about you too.

Prereqs unfortunately

>community college
You're gonna get tenderly bullied senpai.

But hey, at least you're not paying 55k+ for taking Ping Pong with tranny testicles 101, unlike some anons who are in debt for life.

are you at CMU ?

Going back to school for my masters after graduating 3 years ago. Not ready at all

>Ordinary Differential Equations
>Linear Algebra 2
>Probability and Statistics
>Numerical Analysis
>Physics 2 (electromagnetism)
>Physics 2 lab

>grandparents put away a big chunk of dosh decades ago for their grandson's education

>I'm the youngest sibling
>I get to empty the fund out to the last penny
Feels good. Before anyone complains, if you try and take the funds and use them for something other than education, the government takes like 80% of it

PDEs
Modeling
Climate Science
Shakespeare

all graduate

Honestly sounds like NCSU/NC State University. I know because I took all of those except physics seminar.

Actually nevermind, dawned on me that we used Bartle and not Rudin.

>lowest on the list
heh

>not even rated
Probably will be back in a few years for my grad courses desu senpai.

yea i thought mine would look cool but apparently not, grad courses have lame names

Fluid Mechanics + Lab
Structural Engr Materials + Lab
Structural Analysis + Lab
Science of Materials
International Politics because general electives

A surprising amount into 17 hours.

You probably could have taken more. But if you're worried about graduating on time, I bet you have plenty of classes you could take in the summer.

Intro to astronomy
Calc 2
Gen Chem 1 with lab

I'm in the same boat. I try to appreciate the break from my in-depth major classes, but the quality of those classes can be irredeemable.

- Complex Analysis
- mechanics 1
- electromagnetism (static)
- atmospheric physics
- physics through programming
- physics 2 lab

Yeah, I will be taking way more classes in the summer.
I will take more courses on the next semester so I can finish my Generals and work with ease on my major classes at the end of the degree.

It's cheap as shit and the nearest bus stop drops me off on campus. Credits are credits fren.

r8

There's a good chance I'll be doing PhD research in France, and it's the big nuclear engineering local, so I figured it'd be beneficial either way.

>What are prerequisites?

>t. first semester biology brainlet
I already took calculus at a CC, but it didn't transfer and I won't be able to register for calculus until next semester anyway :-(
Also a metric fuckton of GEs

My uni's site is down right now, but I will post a pic later, as an EE Junior my fall semester is:

-Signals and Systems
-Electromagnetic Field Theory
-Digital Logic with Verilog
-Circuits 3 (transistors and advanced circuits?)
-Complex Analysis (might drop, not required for major but would like to take some time)
-EE lab
-Physics 3 lab

US EE Senior year taking some comfy electives and EE courses

>senior design pt1
>honors movie elective
>Analog+digital VLSI
>Analog IC design
>Microwave Systems (circuits, antennas)
>Advanced Electrodynamics or German 1

Might take German because I plan on applying and going to a good Swiss school for MS and maybe PhD. Might just learn it there though.

- linear algebra (advanced)
- intro. to artificial intelligence
- algorithms
- machine structures

math/computer ""science"" master race here

>Introduction to mathematical reasoning is an entire standalone subject
Intriguing.

Not looking forward to qft since I'm an experimentalist

Somewhat scared

might switch Complex Analysis for Measure Theory & Integration
if i don't then i'll just be taking Measure Theory the following semester

who is your set theory professor? is he greek?
also what's your research on, user?

t. mathfag

Real Analysis III
Introduction to Probability Theory
Plus maybe Abstract Algebra I or Introduction to Discrete Mathematics

I am quite far ahead in terms of credit points so I only need to take two classes rather than the usual three or four.

>Real analysis III
What does that cover? I don't think I've seen anywhere offer more than 2 courses in real analysis (at least at undergrad level).

Classical Mechanics I
Modern Physics (overview)
Calc III
Linear Algebra
Probability

afaik it's integration in multiple variables, measure theory, Lebesgue integration, convolution, manifolds, integration on manifolds, Fourier-transform

For reference: Analysis I was sequences, series, differentiation in R, Riemann-Integration, Taylor's theorem. Analysis II covered metric spaces and basic topology, differentiation in metric spaces, generalised Taylor's theorem, Banach fixed-point theorem, constrained optimisation, ordinary differential equations

Aerospace propulsion
Aerospace Structure II
Aerodynamic II

Only 18h/w

Winter 2018 should be more interesting.

intro to discrete math
intro to symbolic logic
calculus 3 honors
physics (E&M)

17 units

Here is my fall 2017 schedule.
Judge me!

Advanced electronics
Advanced digital tech
Material and hardware
Human factors
Advanced aerodynamics

don't really rate this semester at all. Only interesting subject is Pharmacy Practise

>and
>dodgeball
jej

four PE classes required to graduate. Not my decision.

The dumb thing is that being in a sport club (fencing) should count. But it doesn't.

>Throwing a ball will make you a productive member of society.

>An entire class on vibrators

>parents strongly pressure me to only apply to public schools in sate telling me i'd have to take a shitload of loans if i didn't
>younger sister literally only looking at private schools and my-parents already have a plan for paying full tuition for it
hopefully i'll get funding in grad school

I don't think so, he seems generic european. I am going to set theory but don't have a focus yet, it will probably be descriptive set theory, and classification problems in terms of borel complexity classification. Though I really like studying fragments of ZFC, but I'm not sure what to do with that.

Yeah it's not like health issues due to inactivity and obesity is one of the biggest drains on our economy and the biggest killer in modern countries or anything.

all chinese/indian/paki instuctors lmfao

ur fucked they hate americans and will make it harder than u need to know for ur degree

too much of a brainlet to get into UW?

CS-E4810 Machine Learning and Neural Networks 5
CS-E4600 Algorithmic Methods of Data Mining 5
CS-E4830 Kernel Methods in Machine Learning 5
CS-E4870 Research Project in Machine Learning and Data Science 5
ELEC-E5510 Speech Recognition 5
CS-C3100 Computer Graphics 5
CS-E4110 Concurrent Programming 5

You'll never guess my major

Math H54 Honors Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
Math 110 Theoretical Linear Algebra
Math 55 Discrete Math
English 104 Intro to Old English
Geog 50AC California

Freshman at UC Berkeley. Fucking breadth requirements, just trying to deal with them as soon as I can. I'll drop Math H54 or 110 depending on which I should be in, since I've never taken a proof class and my differential eqns class was okay but lin alg was pleb tier (mit ocw) so at least I'll know the shit that I'm missing if I drop 54.
Or maybe 54 is for babies and I take both for muh pdes.

why is your schedule so colorful

>Geotechincal Engineering
>Structures 1
>Business Proposal Writing
>Intro to Geology
>Human Sexuality

>Human Sexuality

>Thermal Physics of Bose & Fermi Gases
>Electrodynamics
>Mathematical Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics
>Nuclear & Particle Physics
>lab