/lit tears up

What's the last thing that really moved you, /lit?

A kid I was good friends with in middle school killed himelf a few years back, and every once in awhile his mom post on his Facebook page. Woke up to this this morning.

"so today would have been my only child, Kyle Austin Keller's 21st birthday and I am remarkably doing well with the day! I woke up and had 2 options: 1 = to be depressed about it or 2 = to be happy and celebrate that God let me have him for 18 years! and I choose option 2 as that is what Kyle would want me to do. not be sad, depressed or even angry BUT he would want for me to be happy and that I am. I feel blessed that gave me to me such a beautiful soul to nourish before he took him into such a wonderful place (Heaven) and out of this cold, cruel world that we all live in. So today I am happy and blessed to have had my beautiful, baby boy for the time that I had him here on earth. I love him more than words can say and miss him more than I could ever explain BUT I do know that he is with me daily & loves me and for that I am truly blessed!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdBJ1X33rXM
youtube.com/watch?v=1CRMbh8ViUI
youtu.be/9AThycGCakk
youtube.com/watch?v=PhcYvl0Cxh0
legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?pid=176828329
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only reason I cry is because of self-pity these days. When I'm at my lowest I'll look at a video of a stray dog being saved and cry, but I don't really care about the dog, I just see him as a symbol of myself. Fuck reality and fuck white people.

>feeling empathy for women

numale cuck, go back to /r/books

I discovered God ... and not the Christian one :^)

i got really high yesterday and cried, i dunno why but i felt cleansed afterwards

thats so rough man, reminds me of my own mother.

Didn't make me cry but definitely moved me, though I'd say I'm in the same boat at this point. If anything actually moves me to tears it's because of some reflection in myself I see in it.

This.

>As she was continuously telling me to breathe, the most amazing thing happened. I had an out-of-body experience and left my body.

>I'm of Christian faith and I can't say I went to heaven, but I wasn't on Earth either. I knew I was somewhere else. It was quiet. The sounds of the operating room were in the background, I could still hear them. But it sounded as though they were very, very far away.

>The fear was gone, the pain was gone. I felt warm, I felt comforted and I felt safe. And instinctively I knew I was not alone. There was a presence with me. I always say that was God with me because there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was there beside me. And then I heard a voice saying, "Whatever happens, you're going to be OK."

I'm sick and am constantly thinking of my own death. I don't really expect anything anymore when I go, but this was a comfort to me.

Like a tiny stab in the heart OP.

The last time was probably when I read Stardust. It was so unexpected, the entire book was a bit dark but not that much, it was mostly a nice adventure, I really liked it and then came the bittersweet ending and it really got me for some reason and I cried myself to sleep that day, I was depressed for like a week after finishing it and I put off the reading of the next gaiman book even though I really enjoy his writing, Neverwhere is still just collecting dust on my desk and I'm reluctant to start it even though I want to.

I can't even cry properly anymore.

Like said, I feel that having a proper, heavy cry would cleanse me, but I just can't.

After seeing my ex gf a couple of weeks ago, I tried to cry and could only tear up and had this weird, almost psychotic episode after. I just put emotional things inside me now.

Even sad as fuck things like youtube.com/watch?v=qdBJ1X33rXM
can't make me cry

I'm on too many antidepressants to be able to cry.

The end of Don Quixote

Don't ever give up your dreams Veeky Forums, they're all we have[\spoiler]

>God let me have him for 18 years!
its all about you isnt it

Dude, let a mother grieve.

You fuck.

Lately I've been rediscovering religion a little bit, mostly non-doctrinal stuff like brotherly love and faith, stuff like that. And my cat has been sick so I've been reading a lot of forums and traditional old websites about how to care for her.

It blows my mind how many nice people there are. Just thousands of nice fucking people who make it a little part of their life to help others out, to be part of some cat fancy website for years and support other people through their losses and difficult times, to maintain a huge, comprehensive website on cat diabetes or feline kidney failure out of sheer concern so that other people don't go through what they went through without a helping hand.

People are just really fucking nice and sweet by default. The well of mutual care seems to be endless.

Whenever I browse these damn forums now, and I see some nice 38 year old woman named Debra sharing recipes with Susan in the Off Topic Forum, I feel a bit of hope for humanity. I teared up a bit at how thoughtful some of them were. I found New Sincerity, and it's literally nice ladies with cats.

Kill yourself nigger. With an attitude like that, no one will miss you.

you dirty dog

Sweet old cat ladies are the best :') my neighbour is always giving me home-made cat treats for my kitties.

>and fuck white people
Feels good

>an heros
>gets into Heaven

The absolute madman

The Loser profoundly depresses me becausr of how much I can relate to the kind of thinking displayed in it.

no wonder kyle an hero'd with mum like that

I hadn't cried in a super long time but I did a couple weeks ago. Felt horrible after I was super awkward on the phone with my sister for her birthday, then realized that was how it always has been and always would be with everyone

Can anyone upload this somewhere?

The book of Samuel 1

>no one will miss you

only teenagers and narcissists would be offended by that

I haven't read this yet but David Bentley Hart is based.

Where in the Bible does it say that if you kill yourself you go to Hell? I wouldn't think God sees things in black and white like that.

>Kill yourself
But what about his mother?

how did you guys break up?

get outta here norm!

According to some, it goes against God's plan with your life. Then of course, it might be that God's plan was for you to kill yourself - but that would make God a bit of a dick, now wouldn't it?

I wouldn't say tear up, but reading certain parts of Infinite Jest hit home real hard with how it's felt for me in the past being incredibly depressed and wishing I was dead.

the main reason I never have tried is because I'm the only child to a divorced mother who's always had severe emotional problems and I know she'd deal with it much worse than the mother in OP. Her own mother died over 5 years ago now and she still has recurring nightmares where she screams out to her while sleeping.

I often feel I'm just waiting for her to die so I've got the weight lifted off me and I can go do the same. My life's also as directionless as you'd imagine someone's to be who's just waiting to die.

The ending of Schindlers List when the Nazis lost the war

All humans go against God somewhere down the line.

Suicide is murder
> I wouldn't think God sees things in black and white like that
Really now.

The ending of the film Ordet.

Godard was right in his assessment that Hitchcock and Dreyer were the only directors thus far able to competently film miracles.

I am not religious.

Last time I cried was when a friend was depressed. It was a easy way to comfort him nothing more. Kinda fucked tho not crying for years ending up crying on demand to resolve a social situation.

In the same boat, haven't cried in about half a year

These two posts saved my life tonight.

probably earlier this evening when I really acknowledged for the first time that the relationship I'm in has about a 95% of ending in like 5 months, and neither of us will be able to do anything about it, since we'll be going our separate ways. I know I'm young and there are plenty of other women, but dangit Veeky Forums I really do like her

That quote is honestly gross

People ought to be able to cope with tragedy. Not surpass tragedy, but to at least realize it fully and not have yourself obliterated. She seems to be under some neurotic denial and I'm conflicted over how to respond to, or relate to or whatever, to such a ghastly and mawkish response to loss. Really unhealthy, but admonition would seem far out of place so there seems to be no solution for her

I think about this a lot but I can't get past the feeling that the courtesy so many people mistake for Christian love is insubstantial.

How many of those little old ladies lock their doors at the sight of a black person, or voted for Trump because they just don't like hispanics? In the olden days, people thought it was their Christian duty to feed and clothe the village idiot because "people like that are closer to God." Debra may be willing to share recipes with Susan, but would she be willing to share her food with a retard, especially if (as in the old days) food were limited? I see kindness and courtesy everywhere but rarely love or sacrifice.

I feel that if industrial society collapsed tomorrow and I had to rely on my neighbors to survive, I'd starve to death, because our economy and culture encourages our most selfish individual tendencies.

so why you need to wait those 5 months? just do it now

Last Saturday, when I was kinda drunk, and started reciting from memory Macbeth's "Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow" speech and the beginning of Jorge Manrique's Coplas a la muerte de su padre.

damn....that video really made me feel, thanks user. I hope things get better

you fucks really don't understand humanity. Please get out of my thread

this one kid I knew in middle school walked off a cliff and fell to his death. I saw this in October..

I am dreading Thursday! Five years, lands on a Thursday. For the first months, every Thursday was hard. Then, the sixth of every month was hard. Now, I am fine most days, except for October 6 and January 9.
I will get the babies up and off to school. Then, I will drive the 2 1/2 hours to American Falls; all the while reliving every moment of that horrific day. I will remember the phone call; every word both heard and spoken. I will remember falling to my knees and not recognizing the guttural scream that escaped my lips. I will remember that exact drive five years ago; every detail. I will remember insisting to see you, against everyone else's advice. I HAD to see you! I will remember seeing you lying there; waiting for those beautiful eyelashes to flutter. I will remember touching your cheek and feeling how cold it was. Then, I will get a flower arrangement and mocajete to come to your grave. I will sit on your grave, eat, and talk to you; knowing that YOU are not at that place; just your discarded body. I will then go to the cliff. I hate that place! I will remember taking your brothers to that cliff months later where they broke apart the rock. I will cry. I will scream. I will feel.
Then, I will start the journey back home. I will remember our last conversation, the day before, ending in "Love you!" "Love you, too!" I will remember your compassion for others! I will remember your LOVE for life! I will remember your laugh! I will remember your smile! I will remember your hugs! I will remember our conversations! I will remember YOU!
By the time I get home, I will have placed all of my emotions carefully back into their box; only to be taken down again on January 9. I will be ok again, but not this Thursday.

everyone needs dick

>The Loser
By Bernhard?

Oh child, you have no idea. I was once in your place. You'll see.

You fucking retards. It's because killing yourself is giving into despair. Killing yourself says that you don't think the Holy Spirit cannot save you. This is disrespectful to the Holy Spirit and that is why suicide is a big deal

That was painful. Thanks, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CRMbh8ViUI

Always moves me to tears.

Crap

It was a five part poem, by Vojislav Ilic (pic related) called "Confession" ("Ispovest"); don't know if there is a translation out there.
The main theme is "ignorance is bliss", and the phase where your world-view gets shattered, and how difficult it is to believe in anything after that. It may not be a GOAT poem, but the first stanza is my favorite (these are just the last two couplets).
"I don't believe in anything;
Or better yet: I believe it all."

Beside that, All quiet on the Western front got me teary-eyed but not crying.

The scene leading up to and including Gus' death.

On a shabby boat, with no stern and hope,
My faith wanes and dies within;
I believe in nothing anymore, nothing,
Or, better to say: All I believe in.

On the rough sea of human life
I have known the world too soon:
For me life is a worthless shadow,
For me life is a poisonous bloom.

Suffer and live…Dear friend,
I have thought of many a thing, o! –
Lucky is the one who thinks of nothing,
Less does he lament, lesser is his woe.

The merry child of idyllic Arcadia,
He knows not the thorns and stone;
He may have heard of craggy ravines.
But has not trodden them alone.

For him, the world is a rose garden,
Thru flowers he struts as a peacock,
His soul is a peaceful and still lake,
His hope never wavers, hard as rock.

Intense passions are the source of evil,
Of human misery passion is the source;
They fervently disturb the sea of life,
On human soul they exert the force

Thanks user this is pretty close to how I'm feeling atm

yeah np, user, the poem is pretty heavy, but that translation isn't that good (you do get the gist of it) and a whole 4 poems are untranslated

Nice head canon

>at family get together during last christmas
>my aunt's 22 y.o. son died after binge drinking about 2 years ago
>he had a perfect score on the SAT and was an extreme history buff
>i was 19 and a history major myself
>she sits down next to me and starts taking an interest in me
>starts talking about letting some sort of energy guide me through uni and everything will be okay
i'll never forget that wild look in her eye. I remember that she expressed a similar form of pseudo-religious denial like the post you saw on the day of her kid's funeral and barely cried at all. in fact, she was smiling during a lot of it. probably the only way a mother can cope in that scenario.

my mother is the only thing truly keeping me from an hero desu. could do it to my piece of shit dad, but not to a good mother

The end of Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. The Spartans fighting to the death for nothing but their honor and way of life is the only time I've cried while reading.

I was technically homeless a few weeks ago, and felt too ashamed to prolong my several days visit at a good friend's house, after I had the best time in years there with him and other people. When I was alone, I shivered and sobbed, not out of fear or anger. I felt I was in the process of throughly emptying myself of any emotion. I had no more grudge towards my parents for my upbringing and deficiencies like usually, and realized I had only myself to blame, but I didn't care for that either. Prepared to spend the night on the streets, I even hoped to face some grand danger or misfortune there that would whip me out of existence. It was utterly liberating.

It didn't happen eventually though, and I'm under a roof for now but I think I'll make an exit bag soon and get over with it.

Rooster is goat

End of Kafka on the Shore when Nakata sleeps off into the after life.

>brother took his own life almost 6 months ago
>already accepted some job that i was supposed to start a week later (well paid one)
>quit the job after not even a day
>been NEET and mentally unstable since

now i just read books at home, recently started to read chess books and play vs the computer now and then.

Ernst Jünger's Second World War literary-diary. His discription of the aftermath on the 16th of December 1944 in Hanover after a bombing, made me sense war and its horrors. His description of the devastation in the city, is put into a relatable perspective when he sees his old school's street ravaged. While short, it is a gripping and heart-wrenching part of story told from the middle of the maelstrom of destruction that was WW2.

Swiss Army Man made me tear up, and that was pretty recently. Haven't cried out of sadness for a while. It gets better, Veeky Forums.

Listen to this, but the lady in particular.
youtu.be/9AThycGCakk

Don't push people out of your life if you have the chance not to, user. You'll regret it. However hard they might try, no person can truly become an unfeeling emotionless machine, so let yourself care and be cared for. Keep your chin up.

House, M.D. Season 4, Episode 16: Wilson's Heart.
I've teared-up before when watching a movie/TV show, but this was the first time I had tears streaming down my face.

>"I'm dead?"

I feel for you user. I've got a twin brother that for the first time in my life lives half a continent away from me, and a constant fear of mine is something happening to him. It's among the worst things I could imagine. But don't let yourself be distanced from the people around you. Don't waste the life you've got. It's not what anybody would want of you.

Last year or so, sat in the park just a few feet away from home. Reading a little, letting the sun lay upon me.
I watched a man, pushing a wheelchair, in which unmistakably was his kid. The kid had a mental disability.
But the dad was smiling, he didn't seem to care. He loved his son, more than anything. That warmth and unconditional love really got to me, the fact that the fathers life was bound by the son, that he had to give so much didn't matter to him at all.
I hadn't shed a tear the last 2-3 years, but the commitment i saw there made me cry a little. Since then i cry from time to time. It feels good.
Amazing how one can devote ones life like that.

I cry at books, movies, etc all the time.

Last time I cried about something in my own life though was when my nan walked into the room at this small family gathering. She didn't know I'd be there and as soon as I stood up to greet her her whole face lit up, she was genuinely surprised and her first reaction was one of great happiness. It just felt nice that somebody cared that much so naturally.

Slaughterhouse-Five made me cry in class recently. The professor asked me to explain the line where Vonnegut is talking about Lot's wife in the Bible looking back and turning into a pillar of salt, and says, "but I love her for it, because it was so human." Then Vonnegut says maybe he will write good and happy things in the future, but this book can't be any good because it was written by a pillar of salt. So i talked about how Tralfamadorians can deal with existence by focusing on happy moments, but in order for humans to be get over things we first have to spend a little while as a pillar of salt. It was nice, the class teared up

>lands on a thursday
>falling to my knees
>broke apart the rock
Interesting language about breaking/falling, probably subconscious

harry potter dumbledorf dies

Knut Hamsun's Mysteries. Didn't cry or anything, but basically drove me to a bonkers drinking binge the two weeks following.

>it's all whitey's fault

i just saw that futurama episode with the dog and it fucked me up pham

I regularly come home from long school days climaxed by a harrowing bus ride and cry. I think on how tomorrow I will have to bump shoulders with proles anew and can feel myself again trying and failing to make myself as small as possible as though I'd never left there and arrived home at all. These tears are what pass for my only reprieve.

>Dude, let a mother grieve.
Can't be a very good mother if her only child killed themselves.

>good friends with in middle school
>Kyle Austin Keller
lel u hick

I haven't actually cried since I was 10, I remember my last real cry vividly.
Now the only thing that makes my eyes wet is realizing the sheer incommensurability of what I've become, I don't even feel human anymore, there's nowhere for me to belong, I'm a devout Catholic but I don't attend services and I pray very little, I think the reason for that is because I'm involved in my own battle trying to determine if happiness is real. All this probably sounds cringy but whatever.
Two things made me feel cosmically alone in the past couple years.
First was this: youtube.com/watch?v=PhcYvl0Cxh0

Second was a dream I had, where I was on a huge marble disk-like platform high above the earth, and on this platform there were three steps leading down onto a plateau or viewing platform which had a large (10ft approx) bronze medallion affixed to the floor with the most incredible design I've ever seen. And looking out from this platform I could see below me a vast florentine cityscape, and all of the Cathedrals of the world were scattered throughout this cityscape, and were sized proportionately to their importance. I remember notre-dame and cologne being massive compared to the others.
And then I turned around and back up to the main platform, and suddenly there was a Cathedral on the platform with me, larger than all the others, and I got this feeling that it was the way to heaven. Then I woke up.
This dream to me represented everything I've ever wanted, just to see that perfect world below even if I wasn't in it, to at least know that it can exist, and be saved by that alone.

>These tears are what pass for my only reprieve.
>tfw my escapist distractions are just fixating on my woes
>there is no real escape

She ended it, said she had other priorities, then I thought she got with another guy, but then I found out that she thought we just didn't click, and she was right, both too introverted.

You're a fag, and I like you

Poesia Sin Fin, latest Jodorowsky.

An episode of Forensic Files.

It was so sad, user.

He's not numale or a cuck. If anything you're the numale because you've forgotten the ethical foundations of Western civilization.

Return to your hut, barbarian.

I had a friend in early childhood. We were both the most talented in class, and always strove to be better than each other academically. We were quite similiar to Lila and Elena, in Ferrante's My Brilliant Friend, except that I happened to be a male, and her female. We would always look over eachother's work, trade books, read to each other, among other things. This friendship, while intense, only lasted for a few years, as at the beginning of fifth grade she moved schools. I soon forgot about her, until she came back to my school. I never had any classes with her, and generally forgot about her, until one afternoon she went into the forest behind her house, found her favorite oak tree, and hanged herself from a sturdy branch. My grief, I felt was beyond words to convey, so I did the thing that felt natural: keep my mouth shut. Nothing was more painful than reading the Facebook posts of people who did not know her, the pseudo-grief poems that acquaintances wrote her. I know bottling up grief is terrible, I know other's grief might be just as valid and painful as mine, but I have the general impression that when others put their grief into words they are making my own personal sadness vulgar, unclear, and abuse it for some strange karmic profit.
Read the obituary and you'll understand what I mean.
legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?pid=176828329

I am a man of few tears but when i cry, i cry profusely.

I visited the protests in S. Korea to commemorate the 1000th day commemoration of the Sewol sinking.

Walking past the life jacks representing each life lost in the sinking, I couldn't stop crying.

When the survivors and the parents of the deceased spoke for the first time in public, I cried even more.

Hundreds of high school lives and other victims died so tragically...

The only thing that comforted me was the unity and spirit of the people who attended the ceremony. Humility, dignity and respect, things that are so scarce in this world.

Do you think she died a virgin? Did she have a boyfriend?

I forgot to tie this in with the theme of the thread. I finished My Brilliant Friend and cried at the end. I normally try not to paste myself and my own experience onto a novel, but I imagined her married instead of dead, in Lila's Cerullo shoes so to speak. But instead of her happily married with both of us in the same neighborhood growing up and unpeeling the rose petal of growing up together, I am at a University hundreds of miles away and she is in the ground and no novel or way of thinking can change that.

Of course not. Not that any of that matters. I was never romantically involved with her. I had my sights on others, she was like a sister more than anything, even through the perverted lens of adolesence. She began to drink heavily a few years before death. I am not sure how much this contributed to this. She read Virginia Woolf and Sylvia Plath intensely, her ex-boyfriend confided to me on a night fueled by alprazolam and alcohol. I suppose that contributed to her own suicidal ideation.
Also fuck you for asking such a question.

Jesus christ man, just reading this fucked me up.

>The only thing that comforted me was the unity and spirit of the people who attended the ceremony. Humility, dignity and respect, things that are so scarce in this world.

This is very true. Tragedies can show the best and worst of humanity

>watch video
>imagine myself being in his place
>imagine myself giving this speech
>feel sorry for myself
>cry
Am I the only one who does this?

but the sacrifice was too valuable