What are some writers that liked video games...

What are some writers that liked video games? I afraid that spending all those formative years at playing video games means death sentence for me: i will never be a writer. I still like some video games, despite my literary interests

Apparently Salman Rushdie played a lot of Mario while hiding from the ayatollah's hitmen

David Foster Wallace

as long as you engage with whatever you consume with a deep understanding, you'll be fine

mushing your brains on shumps might be bad (unless you are taking in the design/art/sound/you know)

What are some writers that liked television? I afraid that spending all those formative years at watching tv means death sentence for me: i will never be a writer. I still like some tv shows, despite my literary interests

t. user, 1974

You'll see more video game influence within the next 10 years.

What are some writers that liked radio? I afraid that spending all those formative years at listening to radio means death sentence for me: i will never be a writer. I still like some radio programs, despite my literary interests

Aristotle, probably

DFW would have played CoD all day and been genuinely saddened whenever a 13 year old called him a faggot.

Does the productive world really hold video games in such contempt?

I ask because I've only ever been around other degenerates who play games.

It's too late for you
You will always be pleb

no
lots of athletes and musicians and successful working class people play video games and the rest just don't care
then again most people have contempt for anyone who's addicted to something and addiction to video games is spread far and wide

Marco Polo

Great book currently 1 ft away from me, haven't finished it yet though

>then again most people have contempt for anyone who's addicted to something and addiction to video games is spread far and wide

It's not just about addiction. It's about people getting on their high horse about shit that's really not important. It pervades a lot of mediums. Comic book nerds are the most obvious archetype.

Someone post that page of references

>shit that's really not important
like literature?

Literature is the window to the soul ;^)

Jerry Pournelle was addicted to Sword of Aragon.

shut up

It's true, user. There's news reports/interviews where he expresses his love for it.

What are some writers that liked theater? I afraid that spending all those formative years at dramatic adaptations means death sentence for me: i will never be a writer. I still like some plays, despite my literary interests